FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by slodawg375 Today at 8:27 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAB Ninja session

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LAB Ninja session Empty LAB Ninja session Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:35 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Me and a buddy hit up LAB last night. It was a little breezy but manageable. We launched at 69th by the yacht club about 7-730. Caught my first fish aboiut 745 at the opening of the yacht club. The first fish is what we call a nope on the tube a small sculpin. This was a first for me on the tuhe. This fish was caught on a jig and smarbaits gub combo.
Kicked across the cahnnel and fished hte docks and rocks and caught a little turd roller. Couldn't have been much bigger than thje jig and grub i was using..lol. Fishing died off a bit until we got to the corner and hooked up with two nice turdrollers one was 12 and the other was bigger but couldnt get a good measurement. My hands were acting up and trying to handle fish when your fingers are going numb is a chore to say the least. The thing with using small jigs the hooks aren't the strongest and i broke two hooks on the rocks. The hooks gave way before my line...lol
Fished the marina there by the gas station and got one turd roller and a couple bites i missed kicked across and fished naples island there and had some success with four potties. Kicked back to the yacht club to finish the night and caught one spottie and one turd roller. It seemed teh fish came in clusters where we would catch two or three then long time between bites then banm two or three more. Ended the night with 12 fish, 6 turd rollers, 5 spotties and a sculpin. Will load the pictures from my phone and add them later today.
I have made an effort to use the baits of sponsors here on the forum and for the most part they all work. I used a whackem baits dub grub and got a few bites but nothing stuck. I hafe been using the smartbaits more often and have to say they are becoming one of my go two baits. The grub and the zman micro finesse jig has been a killer combo. The black and blue has been killing it on the ninja sessions.
Thanks for reading and tight lines.

2LAB Ninja session Empty Re: LAB Ninja session Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:28 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice evening and plenty of fish.
Did the hooks actually "break" or did they straighten out? I have lost a few good LGM bass on finesse jigheads that I straightened out with too tight of drag.

3LAB Ninja session Empty Re: LAB Ninja session Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:31 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon the hooks actually broke. I will post some pictures of them. I got snagged on the rocks and the hooks broke before my 10 pound fluoro lol

Sent from Topic'it App

4LAB Ninja session Empty Re: LAB Ninja session Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this is the tiny sculpin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a picture of a turd roller

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a picture of a spottie.

Sent from Topic'it App

5LAB Ninja session Empty Re: LAB Ninja session Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] These are the two kids where the hooks broke.

Sent from Topic'it App

6LAB Ninja session Empty Re: LAB Ninja session Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:44 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Excellent ninja session Toby!
The way that you described the fish bite is the same way that all of the rest of us have been experiencing the bite there at LAB as well.
As always, thank you for the fish report with pictures!

SP Dan     <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum