FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:38 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

LAB Had Four Members In The Water, Sun 11-3-2019.

GT, Dave, Toby and myself (SP Dan) were supposed to meet up and fish the flats and the Los Patos Highway Bridge but Dave and Toby stayed in the Seabridge park area to fish, GT and myself stayed with the plan and fished the bridge.
The weather was perfect and the fish were rather stubborn!

LOONEY THIEF INCIDENT ...

GT had pointed out to me that there was some crazy loony guy in the restricted (MLPA) reserve area waving his arms and yelling at people. Later on I actually saw the guy that GT was talking about.
Shortly after, approximately eight kayaks with people were landed on the reserve to pick up trash, so they beached (parked) their kayaks and went walking to pick up trash.

Meanwhile ... the orange county Harbor Sheriff saw the guy and they told him that he needed to get off the reserve but the loony guy started cussing and yelling at the sheriff. Then the guy was stacking-up tumbleweeds in order to float his backpack-on as he swam across the channel towards the highway while the sheriff was sitting there the whole time watching him.
Well the crazy loony guy gave up trying to float his gear across.

Then the loony noticed an abandoned kayak that was parked on the shoreline near him .... “so right in front of the sheriff“ the loony empties out all the collected trash onto the beach from inside the kayak, he jumped into the kayak; cussing and yelling at the sheriff the whole time, and then he proceeded to paddle the stolen kayak across the channel to the highway side of the channel; right in front of the OC Sheriff, where he left it on the highway side.

A passing by kayaker saw what was going on and he volunteered to take the stolen kayak back across the channel to it’s proper owner on the reserve (MLPA) side of the channel.
The sheriffs didn’t even bother with the guy as they watched him steal another man’s kayak right in front of them and they let him go, he just walked away!!

If we ever tried this stunt ... we would’ve been arrested!

It was quite the event-full and amusing morning on the water indeed!
It definitely made up for the slow bite that I was having!  Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Location: Los Alamitos Bay (LAB)
Duration: 05:30 hrs until 11:30 hrs (6 hrs)
Sun Rise: 06:13 hrs

Gray Light: 05:30 hrs
Sun Set: 16:58 hrs, The long days are gone once again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] SIGH!
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent.
Tidal Conditions: 05:00 hrs 3.8 ft,
06:00 hrs 3.7 ft, 08:03 hrs LT 3.5 ft, 09:00 hrs 3.6 ft, 10:00 hrs 3.7 ft, 11:00 3.9 ft, 12:00 hrs 4.2 ft ... etc.
Air temperatures during session: temps ranged from 50 deg to 68
deg. Clear, cold lite breeze
Water temperatures: 64 deg
Wind: 05:30 hrs 1 mph S, 11:30 hrs 6 mph SW.
Water clarity: translucent green.
Water Visibility: 4-6 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 38 in the morning, this is a low rate and considered a stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Major Period: 0346 hrs until 0646 hrs
(1 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: (0) none to report
Dolphin: (0) none to report
Sharks: (0) none to report
Sea Turtles: (1) one to report
Whales: (0) none to report
Pelagic Bird Activity: a couple to report
Bait Presence: fair signs of bait, schools of bait breaking the water's surface due to being chased by predator fish.
Distance kicked: 1.99 miles
Calories Burnt: 740 calories, if walking.

Toby's fish count for this morning: (2) short Halibut
Daves's fish count for this morning: unknown
GT's fish count for this morning: (17) seventeen, GT definitely had the hot stick today!

SP Dan's Tackle Used: 1/4 oz Sardine Green/Silver and Shad White. 5/8 oz Sardine Green/Silver colored HUB's.

SP Dan's fish count for this morning: 11-fish, 3-species and 2 legal and 1 octopus.

(7) Spotted Bay Bass, best 14"

(3) Sand Bass, best 14"

(1) Sculpin 13"... Rattle Snake fish

(1) Octopus

That's fishing folk’s!

SP Dan        <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:24 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Well that's an eventful day. Fishing with friends and a show!

Thanks for sharing.

3Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:42 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It was a tough morning thats for sure. I had my son vincent with me so I decided to keep it easier for him and stay cloaser to where we launched. He did good for his second time on a tube. He did lose one of my force fins...lol oh well, i didn't pay for them so I can't get mad at the kid. Thanks to Dave and Kevin for heading back in and getting vincent a spare pair of fins. Dave had an extra pair and let vicen borrow them the rest of the day. No fish for him but he had a great time and had bites just no takers. i think Kevin got one fish and Dave had one or two fish. Weather was great, the fishing was great but the catching part wasn't so great...LOL. It looks like You and GT had some entertainment out on the water. Great report and maybe next time I will make it out to the bridge.

4Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wow, bummer on the Force Fin.
If you keep an eye on E Bay you will find someone selling a single fin to match one day.. Or you can put it up for sale there.

5Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wow that is crazy I have dealt with people like this back in the day.  So times you just have to keep your distance but I cannot believe they let him take 2 Kayaks.  So just remember guys if you try a stunt like this be sure to act as crazy as possible to keep the cops from messing with you ha ha

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:11 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

TobyB wrote:It was a tough morning thats for sure. I had my son vincent with me so I decided to keep it easier for him and stay cloaser to where we launched. He did good for his second time on a tube. He did lose one of my force fins...lol oh well, i didn't pay for them so I can't get mad at the kid. Thanks to Dave and Kevin for heading back in and getting vincent a spare pair of fins. Dave had an extra pair and let vicen borrow them the rest of the day. No fish for him but he had a great time and had bites just no takers. i think Kevin got one fish and Dave had one or two fish. Weather was great, the fishing was great but the catching part wasn't so great...LOL. It looks like You and GT had some entertainment out on the water. Great report and maybe next time I will make it out to the bridge.

Let’s plan on it! Thumbs Up

7Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:12 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Wow, bummer on the Force Fin.
If you keep an eye on E Bay you will find someone selling a single fin to match one day.. Or you can put it up for sale there.

I like your idea about eBay! Thumbs Up

8Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:14 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

jeffcpr wrote:Wow that is crazy I have dealt with people like this back in the day.  So times you just have to keep your distance but I cannot believe they let him take 2 Kayaks.  So just remember guys if you try a stunt like this be sure to act as crazy as possible to keep the cops from messing with you ha ha

Great advice Jeff!
Already, a lot of people think that float tubers are a bit crazy to be putting our legs into the salt water with the fish! lol

9Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Empty Re: Split Gathering At HH, Sun 11-3-19 Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:00 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:Wow, bummer on the Force Fin.
For sure Jerdon. I have a couple pairs of fins, thruster and dive that will keep us on the water.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum