FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

you guys are nuts

+3
ed5000x
CPT Kirk
golfish
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1you guys are nuts Empty you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:22 pm

golfish

golfish
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I've been tubing for 20+ years, 99% with a fly rod. The clear lakes always freek me out because I can see the bottom. I've tube Convict when it was glass, I always think about those bodies they never found. I've tube high mt. lakes in the spring and bumped into huge chunks of ice (the size of a VW)..you don't see em because their so clear..

Tubing in the ocean, are you guys NUTs?

That said, kudo's to you guys, I don't go out on the ocean, even in a boat:)

2you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:46 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have tubed for years but I have only tubed the salt since last summer. Now I dont look back If I get a chance to tube the harbors I will. I love it and have yet to be skunked in any harbor. I will also be glad to fish any lake with you golfish. Just give me a invite.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://bassinthehood.com

3you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:25 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i love the harbor a lil scare of seals but i try to stay away if i can and been every luck only one scared me one time but other than that i would rather float the harbo than the lake just me tho
ED

4you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:42 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Last year on a different forum, them members were giving me what for because I was not willing to tube the salt. Are you guys Nuts is what I was thinking. Well one day after reading many reports and being ask again to head out and tube the salt, I thought well there are 9 of us in the water at the same tiime odds are I will be just fine. Rolling Eyes
It was a blast just like a big lake, now don't get me wrong this is the harbor or bay not open water, that is crazy in my book. But to each his own, I think if you headed out with us in numbers one day we will keep you safe.
You can also look at it this way you don't need to worry about seeing any sharks out there because they already see you. Shocked

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm

golfish

golfish
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jeff, not going to happen my brother. I already ride one death trap, not going to subject myself to getting eatin by a bigger fish. I'll stick to the kiddie pools..

I grew up in So Cal (short stint in No Cal) I've never liked the ocean even tho I have been into reef tanks for 20 years.

You guys carry on and share the Sashimi Smile

6you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:16 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thats cool golfish we all have our limits, we can always fish the freshwater. I am hooked on the salt right now but freshwater is still worth getting into. Be careful on that death trap you have there and I would like to say that is the best looking death trap I have every seen.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:20 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I feel totally safe in a tube in salt only because I used to freedive / spearfish a bit several years ago and got really comfortable in open ocean. Out of all the things in the ocean I would say sharks are your least worries. They are somewhat like dogs a bit curious at first, but cowardly as can be. Keep in mind i've never ran into a great white, but I have done 100' night dives about 100 miles out from ensenada and never really felt worried. The only thing that really freaks me out are SQUID!! Those things are very aggressive travel in packs and will shred anything that moves in a matter of seconds!

8you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol I was going to say you would ride a motorcycle on the streets of CA with all of our drunk, drugged, cell phone useing, texting while driving idiots we have on the roads... but you won't tube the salt!?

I don't blame ya kind of, sometimes when I'm floating there I look down and wonder if there is anything in the harbor that could just come by and take one or both of my legs off then I float around with them raised up till I get tired or forget. But I won't tube the harbor in an inflatable, my kick boat is all hard shell like a kayak and steel frame work.

9you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:47 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My kids and the ocean are the ONLY things that keep me in California. I can understand about not liking the ocean on any level. Some folks are just that way.

Fish what ya like and like what ya fish.

Nice ride by the way (been meaning to say that)

10you guys are nuts Empty Re: you guys are nuts Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:09 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yea love to work on motocycle and even owned 2 but my last experiance on a bike scare the hell out of me i sold it the next day i would rather fish in the ocean than ride another bike and i am pretty sure if i was to be scarey out in the ocean i would fish only fresh water and if i was scared on fresh waters i would get a bout and so on and so on
dont get me wrong i dont minded bikes at all it everything around them even other bikers and right now i have a brother in law in the hospital right now because of a drunk driver and i know if he was floating in the ocean he would be home right now
and at first i was scared to even try it but now i love it so give it a chance dont look down like you said and matter of fact when you are ready and your local guy here in california post up and i will go out with you and i am sure a few other guys will to
ed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum