FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Decisions decisions

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Decisions decisions  Empty Decisions decisions Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:04 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sup fellas here I am back again. So recently made the conscious decision to finally start decking out my bucks bag old school tube. Before I was kind of a minimalist, I wanted to keep old Silicone Sally ( Yes ive named my boat) light weight and very portable. I dont have any rod holders on my tube cuz I dont really have much real estate to hook one up to, the pockets on the arm rests are kinda in the way of wrapping anything aroung it. So I thought that maybe I could custom make 1 that would hold maybe 2-3 rods and be good. My main issue is if I were to cast out to the right than my lure can and would catch any extra rod and then I would possibly lose a rod. The main thing I've decided to add though would be a fish finder. Its always been a little intimidating to me, as you see I don't know anything about them but always wanted one. How would I set it up, where would I place a transponder, how big is a battery and where in the hell would I store it in my very limited space? I've always been old school and had thought it fun to try and find the fish, And then the pattern they wanted, and so far I have been a decent, yet Not a  great fisherman hahaha. Plus I've been spending way less time on the water vs. How i used to go out on an all day outing And well, id like to increase my fishing efficiency and by adding a finder on my tube, I feel I can make better fishing decisions based off of available structure that I KNOW is there now lol. So I guess my question would be [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] how big are the batteries for the damn things and what mounts do you guys use? Where does a transponder go so that I'm not kicking it or ripping it off as Perris has a lot of underwater brush and trees that I fish around. I guess Another question ive got is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are fish finders waterproof? Cuz I sit so LOW in the water and everything tends to get water park log ride wet! Ive been eye balling the hawkeye FISHTRAX 1C-F | FLOAT TUBE FISH FINDER for $175 which claims to be waterproof as well as portable. Anyone have this or have tried/ seen them being used? Give me your opinion yall as I know damn near nothing about them and am hesitant to spend that kind of money lol. If it will let me, ill leave a link for it below. Also don't we have a site sponsor here that makes float tube fish finder mounts with batteries? I know we used to but I cant seem to find them anymore and I'll have to actually look harder I guess. I know we used to a few years back. I'm also gonna Include pics of my tube to show you guys the really limited real estate im working with. Yes its a really dated tube i know I know but I do love it for whatever reason. I'm nostalgic if you will. That's why im in the market for a bucks bags mustang lol lol[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hawkeye Fish finder link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Litefoot likes this post

2Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:32 pm

tunacat

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I use Fish Finder Mounts.com, my Garmin mounts right on top of the battery case, transducer, & strap all in one. It would easily strap right in front of your pouch.

Test Tackles and Litefoot like this post

3Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:11 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have a Fishing Buddy that uses AA batteries. I can see the bottom and various structure. Super easy to install and carries like a fishing pole.
Here is my old report.

I have used a Deeper Pro unit that is the size of a tennis ball. Rechargeable battery in side of it, just tie it on with a string. Takes up no room and weighs nothing. The downside is it needs your phone to be the monitor.

Here is my report on that.

I hope this helps.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:35 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Jerdon wrote:I have a Fishing Buddy that uses AA batteries. I can see the bottom and various structure. Super easy to install and carries like a fishing pole.
Here is my old report.

I have used a Deeper Pro unit that is the size of a tennis ball. Rechargeable battery in side of it, just tie it on with a string. Takes up no room and weighs nothing. The downsiyde is it needs your phone to be the monitor. Here is my report on that.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jerdon, what drew me to want that Hawkeye particularly was that it was 100% water proof because I sit so low on the water literally everything except chest high can get wet. Are most fish finders water proof? Its not an area I have knowledge about. Using a phone as a monitor would be ok I guess as my phone is MOSTLY waterproof but id be afraid of dropping it in the water with a kicking catch on board lol because it nearly happened last time. Also, I only get service in some places on LP with t mobile if that matters with the deeper pro. I do have a lowrance somewhere in storage but even still to buy a fishfinder.com mount would cost me about as much as a hawkeye does for the whole unit with a tube mount included. But I'm not fond of the AAA batteries for a power source. They Do have a 12v adapter wire but where in the hell would I keep a 12v on my tube without getting it went? Lol dilemmas im gonna have to figure out it seems

Litefoot likes this post

5Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:44 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I also have used the fishfindermount.com works great can pretty much be used on any tube. The 1 Strap holds the battery box and mount as well as the transducer. Easy on easy off and holds pretty much any fish finder you have.
I have also used the Hawkeye fish finder, it works but my biggest issue was the screen it is very small and hard to see or at least for me to see. I really like the idea of the Deeper Pro but I don't like the idea of using my phone as my fish finder but that is just me.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:05 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:I also have used the fishfindermount.com works great can pretty much be used on any tube.  The 1 Strap holds the battery box and mount as well as the transducer.  Easy on easy off and holds pretty much any fish finder you have.  
I have also used the Hawkeye fish finder, it works but my biggest issue was the screen it is very small and hard to see or at least for me to see.  I really like the idea of the Deeper Pro but I don't like the idea of using my phone as my fish finder but that is just me.
Arrow

Went today to try n find my fish finder in storage to no success. Im trying tho and if I do I'll gladly support our sponsor and finally get me a fishfinder mount. I lost my house end of last year so everything I own is currently in storage and I'm pretty sure it is buried in the back. Either way id be paying the same amount for a mount as I would a hawkeye. Hey quick question, how Do you keep your fishfinders dry? Its a real concern of mine cuz I sit low and everything seems to get wet

Litefoot likes this post

7Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:30 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Test Tackles wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:I also have used the fishfindermount.com works great can pretty much be used on any tube.  The 1 Strap holds the battery box and mount as well as the transducer.  Easy on easy off and holds pretty much any fish finder you have.  
I have also used the Hawkeye fish finder, it works but my biggest issue was the screen it is very small and hard to see or at least for me to see.  I really like the idea of the Deeper Pro but I don't like the idea of using my phone as my fish finder but that is just me.
Arrow

Went today to try n find my fish finder in storage to no success. Im trying tho and if I do I'll gladly support our sponsor and finally get me a fishfinder mount. I lost my house end of last year so everything I own is currently in storage and I'm pretty sure it is buried in the back. Either way id be paying the same amount for a mount as I would a hawkeye. Hey quick question, how Do you keep your fishfinders dry? Its a real concern of mine cuz I sit low and everything seems to get wet

The box for the Fishfindermount is water tight never been an issue. Plus the finder sits high enough should stay very dry.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:12 pm

tunacat

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Just a thought, rather than trying to make a wet tube work by buying a not so perfect fish finder, maybe take your time & look for a used float tube that sets up a lot higher & by then you'll come across your Lowrance. In the meantime fish without a meter & just have fun. In the long run you may be better off, but I know when you really want something sometimes it's hard to wait.
Have fun with your decision!

jeffcpr and Test Tackles like this post

9Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:30 am

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

tunacat wrote:Just a thought, rather than trying to make a wet tube work by buying a not so perfect fish finder, maybe take your time & look for a used float tube that sets up a lot higher & by then you'll come across your Lowrance. In the meantime fish without a meter & just have fun. In the long run you may be better off, but I know when you really want something sometimes it's hard to wait.
Have fun with your decision!

I have actually considered that. I do prefer to sit as low in the water as I do cuz Uhhhh. Its regurlarly 100+ degrees down here in the I.E and its nice lol. I can actually get a new tube anytime i want man and have considered a Cumberland as ive already tested 1 thats a buddies. I know I know my tube is ancient dude but it works and I'm easy but ive been waiting forever amd a day for bucks bags to make the mustang available. I like these easily packable tubes I can ruck around anywhere too. Btw im your opinion what makes the hawkeye not so perfect? Like I said I'm ignorant when it comes to these fish finders dude

10Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:39 am

tunacat

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Haha I get the temperature thing, I remember many a time I'd undue the crotch strap & swim out under in my old 70's round tube style to cool off. I've never used the hawkeye, I'm just going off of Jeff's experience of it being a small screen, that can make a difference but your eyes are probably a lot younger than mine.

Test Tackles likes this post

11Decisions decisions  Empty Re: Decisions decisions Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Test Tackles

Test Tackles
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

tunacat wrote:Haha I get the temperature thing, I remember many a time I'd undue the crotch strap & swim out under in my old 70's round tube style to cool off. I've never used the hawkeye, I'm just going off of Jeff's experience of it being a small screen, that can make a difference but your eyes are probably a lot younger than mine.

Yeh could see how that would be a problem.. I do have good vision... For now, thanks for your opinion dude

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum