FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fished LNL 1-8

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:04 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Plans got cancelled so decided to just pack up the tube and head over to LNL since it's only 15 min away. Got to the lake a little late around 9:00am and the guy tracking take and tickets that worked the lake said it was really slow and only a few fish. He said the fish recently stocked where fat and where in the middle of a "hatching". Not sure what that meant, but I figured it out after I got home. Shore guys soaking power bait seemed to be getting shut out.

I started off throwing the mira shad and didn't get any bites. Soaked a little power bait at the same time and nothing on that. Switched over to few other trout spoons with no luck. Watched a few fly guys pull in 3-4 fish and 1 good sized one so I knew the fish where there. Decided to throw some trout worms and various small lures and missed one bite. It's a little after 1 and only bite seems to be the fly guys. 1 guy got 2 said he was using midges deep. I didn't have any of those, but decided to go with an old tried and trusted super duper. I had the large one so tied it directly to my line and bounced it on the bottom. After about 30 min I got into a good 3lb fish. 10 min later a small 1.5 lb and 15 min after that I got a med 2lb fish. Seemed like I was the only one getting fish on the entire lake. My last fish snagged the line on the net and the lure broke off in it's mouth. While pulling the lure out it gave a little head shake and my lure went flying. I found a smaller super duper, but didn't get any bites for the rest of the day on that.
Decided to call it a day around 3:00pm.

I seemed to have located a couple of holes or ledges holding fish so I'm figuring out where the fish are.

Did a little bit of research on using flies with a water bubble and other type of floats so will pick up a few flies and hope I can figure out how to use those midges for the slow bites in the future.

I'll post a couple of pics tomorrow.

2Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool report dude! What does a "hatching" mean? Im not big into trout and have no clue.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:21 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ohh sorry about that I forgot to say. I found some info online that when the bugs are "hatching" the wild trout won't eat anything, but that. I did notice a ton of little moths on the water and actually noticed a small 1lb trout swimming a few inches under the surface next to my tube. A few other guys said they saw trout really close to the surface also. Not sure where the fish come from, but that's probably why the midges and flies worked for the fly guys.

4Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool info....never knew that. I bet if you rigged a moth up you'd catch something too. I definitely need to catch some trout though...ive only tried once but it seems like a ton of fun on light gear.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

5Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:42 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I actually tried to catch a few. The problem is since they are stocker trout you don't know if they are feeding on the stuff in that lake now or the stuff from where every they are farmed at.

I enjoy trout fishing. I use ultra light poles small reels and 4lb test with a 2lb flouro leader. Some actually put up a good fight and will break the surface. Plus I love eating trout so that's one of the main reasons I go to the pay lakes. As long as I can catch at least 1 fish it sort of justifies the cost of paying since I actually buy trout from time to time anyway.

6Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great report yes a fly guy would benefit from the hatch everyone else is in for a tough day on the water. I hate when the fish are surfacing right next to you but you can do nothing about it. scratch

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:43 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I found a book called Kiana's Cast that is all about fishing flies using spinning gear so might pick up a copy for those tough fishing days.

8Fished LNL 1-8 Empty Re: Fished LNL 1-8 Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cool report!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum