FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 11:32 am

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fished the LAB this morning

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fished the LAB this morning Empty Fished the LAB this morning Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:09 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I decided last night that I need to put my tube in the water again as it has been awhile. I got up at 4:45am and made it to the LAB by 5:30am. I fished the chanel next to the rocks and docks for 1 hour. I had 4 bites, but no takers.

I got bit on a 3" bh green/black color, a 2" pearl bait which was clear with red/brown flakes, and 2 bites on a mc swim grub, which is camo green in color. What am I doing wrong? I'm slow bouncing the lures on the bottom, but no luck. I even used pro-cure on the plastics before casting out. The water was glassy and had a very slow current, which was AWESOME as the last couple of times I went out to that spot the current was ripping.

I wanted to stay longer, but had to go to work.

2Fished the LAB this morning Empty Re: Fished the LAB this morning Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:25 am

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sucks buddy, at times the LAB can be very slow

3Fished the LAB this morning Empty Re: Fished the LAB this morning Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:53 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Low, or high tide..? best at high tide, or a good incoming tide. Low, or out going tide sucks. The bites your missing are likely lizard fish, they are only good for big hali bait..Red Smile 

Seems like every year the LAB is getting slower, so you have to fish areas that don't get fished as much, have to put in a bunch of time to learn where the bigger spotties hang out, and figure out which bait they want. Wink 

4Fished the LAB this morning Empty Re: Fished the LAB this morning Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:32 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hammer 4 wrote:Low, or high tide..? best at high tide, or a good incoming tide. Low, or out going tide sucks. The bites your missing are likely lizard fish, they are only good for big hali bait..Red Smile 

Seems like every year the LAB is getting slower, so you have to fish areas that don't get fished as much, have to put in a bunch of time to learn where the bigger spotties hang out, and figure out which bait they want. Wink 
The tide seemed high. I did not check the tidal chart, just went out of impulse. Could have been lizards, but I have caught a spotted kind there before and seen many youtube videos of spotties being caught in the same spot. There is some eel grass there as well as rocky structure.

5Fished the LAB this morning Empty Re: Fished the LAB this morning Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 pm

gigerfisher

gigerfisher
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Keep on treking and make your way to Huntington Harbor its not too much further the bite has been fairly good. I will be there several time next week as work is getting slow and hours are getting cut. Monday morning for sure

6Fished the LAB this morning Empty Re: Fished the LAB this morning Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:33 pm

gigerfisher

gigerfisher
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

i have and the corners hold fish. from what i have found and fishing directly under boats. I have rented Kayaks there before thats how i ended up in the tube

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum