FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Orange County Chapter Gathering

+18
JOER210
bobinator238
thisfool
Jerdon
.:LOLLY:.
SoCalFishKilla
wiseguy
Aquaholic38
MenyoG
jeffcpr
Pacifico
thefriendzz
Desperado64
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Vagabond
n2deepfsw
Tony G Fishing
Pavo21
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Orange County Chapter Gathering Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

UPDATED by Wiseguy: (copied over from page 13 of this thread)

Here are the details:

October 18th @ NPH Coast Guard Station
1911 Bayside Dr., Newport Beach CA

Launch Time: 6am sharp
Weigh in (digital photos) 12:00 noon
Custom Rod Competition Entrance Fee: $10

Simple Rules:

For the Custom Rod competition it is pretty simple, Heaviest fish with a clear photo showing the weight of the fish and a special sticker that you put on the scale will need to show up on the photo to win the rod. Make sure you get a clear picture. I will pass out the sticker that needs to show up in the photos the day of. No minimum size of fish required, so snap a pic of your catch!

All three species of BASS count (Spotties, Sandies, Calicos) and HALIBUT also. So bring your "A" game!

I plan on getting there at 5:30am as I know other will too. There are several parking spaces at the coast guard station, first come first serve. There is also plenty of parking on the street.  Look for me and pay your $10 entrace fee and be ready to launch by 6am!

Dont forget your camera and scale! That would be like fishing with no bait. If you don't have a scale, fish with someone that does.

NO live bait, plastics ONLY. Bring it!

I'll post up photos of the Custom Phenix Bass Rod someone is gonna score by tomorrow.

For the original posters and organizers, feel free to use these same simple rules if you wish.

Pavo21's original post below:

So everyone i need to know if maybe oct 4/5th or 11/12th would be a good time for us all to meet up, and i was thinking Either NPH or maybe a local lake. NPH imo would be awesome since we could all cruise the area and take over! or we could find a lake and decide what a good place would be. so shoot me some ideas on lakes or some harbors. but i think the date would be good. it gives people time to get off work

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

2Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Need more info bro
1. You talking am or pm?
2. Location/meeting place ? NPH is a large area and there are 1000 of places to launch.

3Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:13 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Am and I know there is a lot of launching spots I'm just trying to see if people would prefer fresh or salt. And I want to see if people have a lake preference. I could just make a list of places and hold a vote.

4Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok so time to just be stubbern and strick lol i guess.

NPH Will be the spot to meet up I will post a image of the drop location. Launch will be 6am. Date will be 10/4/14 which is a Saturday

We can decide later if we want to fish till a certain hour then grill or go get lunch after somewhere to hang out after that. Or we can bring our own food and chill after that. i say we fish then grab a bite somewhere.

201 park ave Newport beach ca 92662 is location

5Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Pavo,

Might be down with that date

as far as the launch, its great for 2-3 peeps but for lets say 5-6, it sucks, parking there sucks....i think it will be hard for peeps to find a spot on a saturday morning in my opinion,

i suggest if were going to get together we do the coast guard station, its one parking lot and has plenty of room, interact with each other get ideas while setting up also gets us away from trying to set up on the street

my 2 cents....

6Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:15 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ok tony sure not a problem drop the address in and we can go from there. jsut so people know where to go if they dont know excatlly.

7Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think tonys talkin about here its the location at the beach area, we can go here for sure.

address: 1911 Bayside Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92625

Last edited by Pavo21 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

8Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

for sure, just trying to find a spot where in wont be a pain in the ass to park and free Thumbs Up and the coast guard station has both, see address below

US Coast Guard
Address: 1911 Bayside Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92625

Or if anyone has another opinion for another spot or dates then throw it out, im game on new spots as well!!!

9Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:23 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree with you man, i tried that but as it was suggested thats not a good idea. apparently we need to be STERN! lol

10Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

still looking for more people to join in on our gathering at NPH. post up people

11Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:15 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good luck guys

12Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:58 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'd be in but the off road expo is that weekend and my dad's bday. Good luck and try for next gathering.

13Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:05 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Will this be an open invite?

14Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:54 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey fishing all day...yeah bro open invite........just need to setup a time and date...launch spot is set....coast guard..maybe the 2nd week of October...gives everyone enough time to try to mae it happen I would say but yeah the more the merrier!!! Take over newport bay!!!!

Thx

15Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:01 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

OCTOBER 18TH??????? SAT MORNING.........

16Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:34 am

Desperado64

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:OCTOBER 18TH??????? SAT MORNING.........

If this is an open invite, I think I can make that date--I just have to change something in my schedule.

17Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:10 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pavo21 wrote:Ok so time to just be stubbern and strick lol i guess.

NPH Will be the spot to meet up I will post a image of the drop location. Launch will be 6am. Date will be 10/4/14 which is a Saturday

We can decide later if we want to fish till a certain hour then grill or go get lunch after somewhere to hang out after that. Or we can bring our own food and chill after that. i say we fish then grab a bite somewhere.

i did put this date but if we are gonna change it we should decied lol.

im cool with everyone showing up but we were trying to make this a orange county chapter meet up. but everyone can come i will not tell you no and i will tell you yes

18Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:40 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Desperado64 wrote:
Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:OCTOBER 18TH??????? SAT MORNING.........

If this is an open invite, I think I can make that date--I just have to change something in my schedule.

Hey Desperado,

Yes this is an open invite, we are trying to get who ever wants to come out and fish to come....

19Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Pavo21 wrote:
Pavo21 wrote:Ok so time to just be stubbern and strick lol i guess.

i did put this date but if we are gonna change it we should decied lol.

im cool with everyone showing up but we were trying to make this a orange county chapter meet up. but everyone can come i will not tell you no and i will tell you yes

LOL for sure as for the date, the 3rd i cant make it....sorry bro....weekend booked, this weekend cant either, only time for me atleast would be the 18th....sorry bro....or any wednesday lol

20Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 am

thefriendzz

thefriendzz
FTFF Gathering Officer

Woohoo sound like a fun gathering. Plus, this will be my first time meeting Ftff/oc chapter float tubers. I will try my best to make it out there. Very Happy

Thomas

21Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:05 am

So October 4th???? if so ill be there. Rambo

22Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:04 pm

Pacifico

Pacifico
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Oct 3rd weekend does not work for me I'll be in Lone Pine camping
You can ink me in for Saturday Oct 18th - 6:00am launch

Plenty of parking at US Coast Guard

Hey, we need some OC stickers or someway others can identify us when where on the water, especially when at the LAB... HeHe

It was an open invite last Sunday at the LAB with LA Crew and it was cool to put faces to the posts
We all had a good time!

23Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:28 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Oct 18th, Saturday, Coast Guard Station
1.pacifico
2. tonyg

Oct 4th Saturday, Coast Gurad Station
1.Pavo
2. two2

Thefriendzz? 4th or 18th

24Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:39 pm

I'll go to both the 4th and the 18th..

25Orange County Chapter Gathering Empty Re: Orange County Chapter Gathering Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ill go both also Tony, if it easier for everyone to change to the 18th lets do that instead i mean i might still fish the 4th but lets change it to the 18th. since a majority is able to do then.

Oct 18th, Saturday, Coast Guard Station
1.pacifico
2. tonyg
3. Pavo
4. Two2
5.thefriendzz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum