FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Empty Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:21 pm

Joe Flyrod

FTFF Gathering Officer

I was in an LL Bean outlet store the other day and picked up a Coleman brand battery powered inflator/deflator. The unit is sold for inflating air mattresses used for camping. It was marked down by $5.00 to $14.95. It uses 4 D cell batteries and is about 4" square. The best part is that it came with an adaptor that looked like it would fit Boston valves, so I bought it. Sure enough, when I got home I took out my Creek Company ODC 420 and gave it a try. It took about 3 minutes to inflate both bladders. I also own a Creek Company U Boat which I usually fish with rather than the ODC because the U Boat inflates much faster with a regular air pump. The Coleman will work on the U Boat, too. Anyway, for not a lot of money you can save yourself a lot of work. From my perspective, it's a home run.

2Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Empty Re: Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for the heads up!!

3Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Empty Re: Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:19 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

How noisy is it?

4Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Empty Re: Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:14 am

caught_the_fever

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks Joe - main LL Bean store and outlet are just down the road from me, I'll have to check out that unit as it sounds quite packable.

5Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Empty Re: Inexpensive Battery Powered Inflator Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:38 am

Joe Flyrod

FTFF Gathering Officer

To Bigfish:  It's not very noisy at all.  

For Newby:  I also discovered that WalMart carries an inflator that is made in three different models that is even less expensive.  For about $10 you can buy an inflator that comes with 3 different nozzles and is made in an indoor version for 110 volt AC, 12 Volt DC that plugs into a car cigarette lighter, or a battery powered unit.  They are all very compact.  I picked up 3 of the 12 volt models for my buddies who float fish with me.  We're all getting too old to manually pump up our floats.  Now we can do them at the tailgate.  My 4 Runner has a 12 volt outlet in back.  So does my buddy's Jeep.

In our WalMart, the inflators are found in the sporting goods department next to the inflatable camping mattresses.  I think that's the main market for them.  Most of the mattresses appear to have Boston valves.  They're worth looking into.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum