FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inexpensive Fins

+9
bballnono
Komori Jeff
Renegade
kobra
wiseguy
.:LOLLY:.
Chomps
fatboy531
znyngkh
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inexpensive Fins Empty Inexpensive Fins Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:34 pm

znyngkh

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi all, any recommendations on good inexpensive fins? I was looking at some of the aqua lung snorkel/dive fins that are under $40 and was wondering if they'd fit a size 10 bootie

2Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:20 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Inexpensive fins are hard to come by. I try to go with cheap fins when I first started Tubing it was a big mistake. I actually purchased a brand-new pair from bass pro shop. I was trying them on with my waders in my living room when the buckle strap broke on me. These things were brand-new out-of-the-box. I was upset that the buckle broke on me but kind of glad that it happened at home not on the water. I wound up returning them and spending a little extra more on some better fins but I am much more happier now. I got myself a pair of used force fins that work superb. Got mine on eBay for a killer deal you might find the same you can buy a larger size to fit a booty in and will work just as well. I promise you won't regret it. I'm sure a lot of the other gentleman on the forum will vouch the same. Good luck

3Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Save a little more and grab the hotspot fins from turners for 80 bux you won't regret it

4Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:54 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ChompOnThis wrote:Save a little more and grab the hotspot fins from turners for 80 bux you won't regret it
I'm promoting Force Fins over here. Ish don't kill my vibe. Jk. Lmfao!!!!

5Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:56 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've never used hot spot fins. But I hear they work great also.

6Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:53 am

znyngkh

FTFF Gathering Officer

I'll look into those, how are the aqualungs btw?

7Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:19 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've never tried the aqua lungs but they look like they'll get the job done. When buying fins make sure they have a strap system (likes those seem to have) instead of the shoe (set size) type fins. This way you have options to layer up with more socks when cold or go in shorts when it's warm.

8Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:27 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Find a used pair of Force Fins, you wont regret it! My dos pesos.

9Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:47 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I've never tried the aqua lungs but they look like they'll get the job done. When buying fins make sure they have a strap system (likes those seem to have) instead of the shoe (set size) type fins. This way you have options to layer up with more socks when cold or go in shorts when it's warm.
Excellent break down. salute 

10Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:49 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:Find a used pair of Force Fins, you wont regret it! My dos pesos.
X2 force fins... is really all I know. But satisfaction guaranteed!!!!!! I've been told that this is what the military utilizes.

11Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:06 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've never had fins fall off while tubing but it is nice to know that my hotspots float in case they accidentally fall off...

12Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:32 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

fatboy531 wrote:
X2 force fins... is really all I know. But satisfaction guaranteed!!!!!! I've been told that this is what the military utilizes.

x3. I have the adjustable force fins. I can adjust them to fit over booties, just waders, or over tennis shoes. I've never lost a fin either but my buddy had one of his come off. I bought a pair of safety straps that connect the fins to your ankle to prevent loosing a fin for about 7 bucks. Cheap insurance.
Getting back on topic, you will find that fins aren't an item you want to skimp on. A good set of fins will be more efficient and use less energy compared to cheap fins.

13Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:57 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use to be a Force Fin user, but switched to Omega's three years ago. The FF are now packed as back ups. Too short an heavy for me anymore.

14Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use "Proflex" fins by U.S. Divers. I bought these last year from Amazon.com for around $25, and I really like them. You can pull them on over stocking foot waders, or just on your bare feet for summertime 'tubing. They are long fins so you get pretty good speed and power with them.

15Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 am

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Komori wrote:I use "Proflex" fins by U.S. Divers.  I bought these last year from Amazon.com for around $25, and I really like them.  You can pull them on over stocking foot waders, or just on your bare feet for summertime 'tubing.  They are long fins so you get pretty good speed and power with them.
x2. These are what we use.

16Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:16 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

X2

17Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:11 pm

n2deepfsw wrote:
X2

X3

18Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:33 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You Force Fin endoursers, ( and keep in mind I have a pair for the last 25 years). What is you find so special about FFs? And what size shoe do you support? Have you tried other fins and if so, have you gave then an honest chance?
I ask this because I was. Huge FF supporter and,I wear equivilant of a size 7 shoe. I tried Omega flip fins and for the first 2 or 3 hours, I hated them, because i was kicking like I did with FF. but by relaxing and just fluttering my feet ( which by the way,you can move on the up and the down stroke which you can't with FF) it required much less energy, seriously.
Just my thoughts on my experience.

19Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:45 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Force fins is what I use I tired several pairs before I got to ff and I have stop the search when I got to them. I do kick on the down stroke and it works just fine. I have 2 pairs and when I go out with someone new I let them try them to compare to what they have and let them be the judge

20Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:28 am

I will Agree , I was Skeptical about FF as well until I came upon a Great Deal on a Pair and I can honestly say that skimping on my fins was a huge mistake . Although I am still getting used to the FF I can honestly say that they are indeed awesome !

21Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:27 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:Force fins is what I use I tired several pairs before I got to ff and I have stop the search when I got to them. I do kick on the down stroke and it works just fine. I have 2 pairs and when I go out with someone new I let them try them to compare to what they have and let them be the judge

That is interesting as I too let new comers use them. Their response however is not favorable. True story. They find them heavy although Zero buoyancy in water. I did race someone with FF. He was a bit tired when done, I was relaxed. Leaned back and just fluttered my feet like a swimmer and I did pass him.
I will never sell my Force Fins, but I also don't use them.
I just say to future buyers, think about that price,...and to be honest, in my opinion not worth it anymore as there are many others out there that work fantastic.
Funny thing, I was asked to endorse FF awhile back and probably would have done it if I had not tried Omega's.
But it comes down to use what works, and I agree don't SKIMP, but this also means on performance not just $.

22Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:58 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I first tried Aqua Lung fins that I got at the swap meet for $7. They worked well but killed my feet after about an hour out. The bone on the outside of my foot would just ache! I would have to take them off, one at a time to let my feet rest. Yes, you can maneuver with one fin.

Then I found a pair of Force fins for $40 and no more foot ache. I wear the XXL over booties. That allows me to take off my fins and walk around without wearing out my stocking foot waders. I love this system.

As far as propulsion goes, I'm not sure FF are superior. I know that I do not cramp up as much as I did in the other fins.

23Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:06 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I should say, I wear boot foot hip waders or simms boot under my fins.

24Inexpensive Fins Empty Re: Inexpensive Fins Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:48 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Komori wrote:I use "Proflex" fins by U.S. Divers.  I bought these last year from Amazon.com for around $25, and I really like them.  You can pull them on over stocking foot waders, or just on your bare feet for summertime 'tubing.  They are long fins so you get pretty good speed and power with them.
These are ones you showed at BBG, Jeff?

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum