FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Japan tied fer record!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Japan tied fer record! Empty Japan tied fer record! Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher has been tellin me about this fer sometime now so I looked into it. Ok so the previous record set in 1932 by George W Perry was 22lb 4oz flmb, caught on a creek chub fintail shiner lure. Now in 2009 Manabu Kurita caught a 22.479 lb flmb on lake Biwa, Japan on a live bluegill. Thats great and all but I dont think it should count. For one the record was set on a lure and number two not every state allows use of live bait especially game fish. Thats like us usin live trout, of coursewe would have set a new record usin live game fish. I dunno jus my opinion! What do u guys think?

Heres the site with all the info awesome pics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

2Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:34 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea i agree with you....i originally read this somewhere else and this bass was actually bigger than the previous...but IGFA has some rule about fish under 25 pounds (i think). The rule has something to do with fish under 25 pounds must beat the old record by a certain amount ounces...and thia new fish was bigger but not by enough so its a tie.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I think by 2oz

4Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:43 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's huge!!

5Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:00 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Huge huge

6Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:33 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I guess usin bluegill is ok in some lakes as long as u catch the gill from the same lake as ur fishing. Northern cali you can use live fin bait and here in southern you cant. All kinds of mixed up fishing laws here in cali.

7Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:21 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

From what I read a while back the record didn't count since Japan also has a rule that says any fish taken by hook can't be released back into the lake. Because he caught the blue gill first and then released it back into the lake it's suppose to void the record. I believe there where a couple of other problems with the record, but the article suggested that they didn't want to have anything to do with the record simply because they didn't want other fisherman coming into the area to fish the lake that held the world's largest Bass.

8Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:58 pm

i know on BD there was alot of talk about this fish. That is one big fish. From my understanding, that fish was cought site fishing and it was on live game fish (bluegill). there are monster LMB coming from japan everyday FYI.

IMO, this type of fishing that was done in order to catch this fish is a joke and shouldn't be in any kind of record.

FYI, Cali holds the top rank of the largest fish (LMB) on record. Out of the top 25 fish, like 10 of those came from here.

9Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 am

here you guys go, here is all the info on the big girl.
Capt G is from there and is friends with the guy who cought the big girl.
The fish was cought on live bait but it was not a game fish (bluegill).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry jeff for posting another forums site on here

10Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:28 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
The fish was cought on live bait but it was not a game fish (bluegill).

FYI never read anything you read on BD. I learned that a LONG time ago.

If you want the real facts you should go the IGFA the governing body that records such records.

Here is a link to the true facts on the fish. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The fish was in fact caught on a live bluegill which is why there is so much concearn, but it was accepted in the books.

Here is a brief quote from the record entry.

Kurita, 32, of Aichi, Japan, was fishing Biwa that July day using a Deps Sidewinder rod and a Shimano Antares DC7LV reel loaded with 25 lb Toray line when he pitched his bait, a live bluegill, next to a bridge piling. It was Kurita’s first cast to the piling where he had seen a big bass swimming. He only twitched the bait a couple of times before he got bit. After a short, three minute fight he had the fish in the boat.

11Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:35 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I contacted the head of the world record department fer the IFG askin his opinion on havin two records. One caught with artificial lures n the other caught with live bait since theres states/ countries that cant afford to by lures n have to use live bait. And in our case cant use live bait n forced to use lures. Still waitn on response.

12Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

In my opinion I don't think they should honor the record. I mean like you said we can't use Live bait and technically they can't either so it shouldn't count.

13Japan tied fer record! Empty Re: Japan tied fer record! Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So Jack Vitek head of the world record for the IFG got back to me with a quick response. He said there is a good point in separating the records by bait but have no plans on changing the rules. So I guess it is what it is.... Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum