FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where do you tube the salt?

+9
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
TheHegemon
waxon67
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
IN2DEEP
Konacrush
MASSfisher
13 posters

Where do you tube the salt?

Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap224%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 24% [ 9 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap214%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap25%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap214%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 14% [ 5 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap219%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 19% [ 7 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap25%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 5% [ 2 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap211%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 11% [ 4 ]
Where do you tube the salt? Vote_lcap28%Where do you tube the salt? Vote_rcap 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where do you tube the salt? Empty Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Seems like most of the membershere fish DPH. Lets see who fishes where.

I fish Dana Point, SD bay, and mission bay depending where I am. Ive fish NPH once and wanna tube it again...and i might give oceansideaa try one of these days.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

2Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:06 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Got to love it DPH is my stomping grounds and I'm looking for new territory lol so I can harass da bass

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

3Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I guess I'm north of most of you guys
If and when I get mine, I'm planning on MDR, King Harbor, San Pedro, LB and PV and if I get brave, SM breakwater drunken

4Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Huntington Beach harbor.

5Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'd go to HB

6Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i go where ever i can i fish from del rey to sd my favorite is sd

7Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:05 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:i go where ever i can i fish from del rey to sd my favorite is sd
Where do you launch from in MDR?
I launch my boat out of there all the time
Don't remember seeing tubers there. Maybe next to the harbor master/sheriff's docks
The sheriffs never give you grief?

8Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ha ha ha...poachers are peeking guys. I'm with ED.

9Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:53 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I'd like to try saltwater more, but I don't know where to launch/how to do it since I've really only done shore fishing when it comes to saltwater.

Any one have any hints/places to go preferably near Downey?

10Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:I'd go to HB

We need to pick a day and fish the harbor.

11Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheHegemon wrote:I'd like to try saltwater more, but I don't know where to launch/how to do it since I've really only done shore fishing when it comes to saltwater.

You need to hook up with me and Ed. We are in your area. I work in Downey and Ed works in Paramount. We can get you on the water.

12Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

The L.A.B is the spot for you or maybe HB, but you would be closest to the L.A.B (Los Alamitos Bay).

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

13Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:08 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:The L.A.B is the spot for you or maybe HB, but you would be closest to the L.A.B (Los Alamitos Bay).

X2

14Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:17 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
TheHegemon wrote:I'd like to try saltwater more, but I don't know where to launch/how to do it since I've really only done shore fishing when it comes to saltwater.

You need to hook up with me and Ed. We are in your area. I work in Downey and Ed works in Paramount. We can get you on the water.

I might take you up on that man. Hopefully once the weather and work calms down so that I can actually have some time to go fishing.

What days do you usually go out?

Thanks for any info man!

Also, where is the best place to launch from in LAB?

15Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:01 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Pacific yacht club on Ocean Blvd.

16Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Pacific yacht club on Ocean Blvd.
next to the "Gandola get away" cabin. theres reals to place your yak or tube and a fresh water house to rainse your gear

17Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:36 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
next to the "Gandola get away" cabin. theres reals to place your yak or tube and a fresh water house to rainse your gear

Thanks for the info!

BTW, do you have to pay to launch there? Do you guys stay around that area or do you move further north to the boats?

18Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:58 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheHegemon wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:

Thanks for the info!

BTW, do you have to pay to launch there? Do you guys stay around that area or do you move further north to the boats?

No pay just park on Ocean Blvd and walk out on the sand. Pay attention to your tides and let them help you decide where you want to go.Take a low tide south and ride a high tide back to launch and vise versa as appropriate. Don't get stuck trying to kick against a tide to your launch point.. Boats and bass go together in the harbor. But not moving boats. For your first time keep your fishing to a central area and fish it hard. Di sect every bit of structure and work across or with the current. Make sure you have your PFD and license with you while on the water. You should take a buddy if you can for your first time out. Practice CR and have a good time and good luck!

19Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Im with Ed on SD.

20Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:40 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Pay attention to your tides and let them help you decide where you want to go.
Take a low tide south and ride a high tide back to launch and vise versa as appropriate.
Don't get stuck trying to kick against a tide to your launch point..
Excellent advice waxon!
A buddy told me to watch out for the currents that flow in the harbors. Something that you don't think about until you're caught in it and have to kick back upstream to the launch site

21Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:32 am

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Curious, but do the seals ever mess with you while ur fishin??

22Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:20 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was wondering the same thing about the sea lions
I would never want to dangle my catch over the side, in the water.
Hear of too many horror stories of aggressive SL's Suspect

23Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:38 am

Spongey600

FTFF Gathering Officer

i had a seal swim between my legs a year ago in Mission bay. scared the crap out of me! took a break from tubing the bays, but its time to get back out there!

24Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:42 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Spongey600 wrote:i had a seal swim between my legs a year ago in Mission bay. scared the crap out of me! took a break from tubing the bays, but its time to get back out there!

hahahahaha.. sorry, I can only imagine what that would be like...for sure I'd be changin my shorts.. lol!

25Where do you tube the salt? Empty Re: Where do you tube the salt? Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:17 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Only fished salt a hand full of times, but so far I like NPH the best (because it's a 5 min ride to launch).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum