FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Float tube gathering in the salt

+25
itchybass
Tubinferbass
CPT Kirk
TheAsianGuy
FlamingTube
Vagabond
Dano67
jaws197
waxon67
Konacrush
cappo
sonarbp
ed5000x
Aquaholic38
flyfishingfool
IN2DEEP
tubefish
HEADCASE881
bayfishingjunkie
LGHT
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
hakaveli
Fisher
n2deepfsw
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 16]

3012012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Maybe, launch at 2am and fish intell we have to meet for the gathering lol

3022012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:14 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Maybe, launch at 2am and fish intell we have to meet for the gathering lol

Haha! That's the miller I know!!!

3032012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Grumpy Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:06 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Went to LAB for a short session this morning
The water temp was down 1 degree (58 instead of 59) from last week
Managed to beat the skunk with this bad boy grumpy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

These are my "unopened" pack of lures
Hope these are acceptable since they have never been in a package
Two 7/16oz. and a 5/8oz. poisontail jigheads.
I know they are not as nice as the warbait heads, but they do work!
You're just gonna have to catch one of the largest Spotties to get them
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*** For you guys driving in from a distance, you should hit a restroom on the road before getting to Los Alamitos Bay. There won't be an open one 'til later in the morning

Last edited by IN2DEEP on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

3042012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Nice grumpy there. What you get him on?

3052012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:12 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

One of those poisontail swim jigs with a 3 1/2" rainbow trout body (lunker city salt shaker)

3062012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:21 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I hope we get into some fish....just looked at my gps and i gotta drive like 2.5 hours (comin from my gf's house near the border). Hahahaha this drive will uck...gotta get up at like 0230 am.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3072012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:24 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you didn't see it in my post, find a restroom before getting to LAB.
There are no open ones that early in the morning Mad

3082012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

FlamingTube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

k almost done for the night hope i find some parking only issue is i have no quarters lol

3092012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Those things look pretty good. Where did you get those if you don't mine me asking

3102012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:50 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:Those things look pretty good. Where did you get those if you don't mine me asking
I make these.
I'm into pouring leadheads and powder coating
Bad part, fairly labor intensive, so not much interest in making them to sell.
If you want unpainted leadheads or leadheads without eyes, we can talk.
BTW, I recently got hold of some glow powdercoat. Might good for your ninja outings What a Face

3112012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:51 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

FlamingTube wrote:k almost done for the night hope i find some parking only issue is i have no quarters lol
Lots of free parking at LAB
Especially with the cooler weather

3122012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:05 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Free parking will be awesome.

As far as bathrooms....I'll bring empty bottles Shocked

3132012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:11 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Date: February 19th
Time: 6am- 1pm
Place: Los Alamitos Bay
5489 E Ocean Blvd. Long Beach 90803

Ok Boys, it's time to get together and fish the bay! Time to meet and greet new and current members, if you have not fished the salt well this is a perfect time to get out there and try something new.

The Fee will be one unopened pack of fishing lures ($5-6) value
1st place gets 50%
2nd place gets 30%
3rd place gets 20%

•• If you want we can have a Side pot of $10 for biggest fish!
- spotty,halibut, lizard fish ect.

The Competition:
Biggest spotted Bay Bass WINS!!

The Rules:
1. Must be a member of the FTFF day of event.
2. Fish must be a minimum of 13" to measure and weigh.
3. Must have or fish with someone who has a digital camera and scale ( need pics of weight & measurement )
4. This is a artificial lure competition only, no bait allowed.

3142012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:43 pm

tubefish

tubefish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So, how did the event go?

http://www.austinlures.webs.com

3152012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:04 pm

FlamingTube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Wish i could tell you got a last minute job and didint make it Evil or Very Mad

3162012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:00 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It was fun....but the fish apparently found out we were coming so they all left (except for like 5 of 'em).

Ill get started on a post when i get near a computer...too hard to do from my phone. Unless somebody else wants to start it...

3172012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:13 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

AAAAAAAAALOHA well da flying hawaiian got skunked but had an awesome time with a bunch of cool fellow tubers and friends cant wait till da next one at perris lake congrats to massfisher and itchybass again Oh and to jeff man thanks for the baits, and scent from pro cure awesome awesome Many Mahalo's

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

3182012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Konacrush wrote:AAAAAAAAALOHA well da flying hawaiian got skunked but had an awesome time with a bunch of cool fellow tubers and friends cant wait till da next one at perris lake congrats to massfisher and itchybass again Oh and to jeff man thanks for the baits, and scent from pro cure awesome awesome Many Mahalo's
X2! and the shirts are pretty cool!! woth the wait.

3192012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:24 pm

X3. Thank you to all the sponsor who donated the products for us to try out. My only fish came off of a war bait slayer head and big hammer. Thanks to everyone who came out to play, it was cool meeting some new cool guys from here. See everyone out the water again soon

3202012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:51 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The best part was seeing people who share your passion for fishhing. It was a slow day for me I only reeled two fish in and had one break me off.
I caught a 15.5 inch Sand Bass and a small Flaty.
details and photos can found on the blog.bassinthehood.com
[img][/img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" alt=""/>[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" alt=""/>

Last edited by CPT Kirk on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://bassinthehood.com

3212012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Guess we're not making a seperate post for the gathering....no problem. Ill share my day with ya'll right here:

Stayed up until midnight last night waiting for my gf to get home from work....this led to me sleeping through my alarm lol. Good job I've spent the last 4.5+ years of my life waking up nice and early...my internal alarm clock went off at 6am and i was like "oh $*!t". Got in my truck and made my way up to the LAB....the 2+ hour ride was worth it. Its always great to fish with an awesome group of guys who love fishing as much as me (if not more).

I threw a 3 inch T&C swimgrub the whole time...rigged on a 3/8oz warbait slayer head.

Ive never fished this area before and its completely different than MB and SD Bay...it seems like the further north you go the tougher the fishing gets.

At the end I managed a nice 14-15 inch spotty...meaner than normal too.

It was awesome fishing with you guys...can't wait for the next gathering. Hoping I can pick up some freshwater tips from you guys then....and hopefully my saltwater luck carries over.

Also, thanks to everyone who made this gathering happen...from the sponsors to the participants.

3222012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:38 pm

jayman

jayman
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

sounds like a good time! When ever i find time, I have to hit you guys up for some salt water tips.

3232012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:18 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That was a blast!
You guys are cool and passionate about fishing in general
Props to MASSfisher for still making it out to LAB from SD even though he had overslept... and catching a winning fish out of a place he had never been to before!
Thank you for the giveaways. They will put to good use Thumbs Up
Going to start a new thread with the pictures that I had taken at the 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt

3242012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You guys are cool and passionate about fishing in general
Props to MASSfisher for still making it out to LAB from SD even though he had overslept... and catching a winning fish out of a place he had never been to before!
X2

3252012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 13 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:02 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks to all the providers and to Gil and Jeff for setting up the event. Pleasure meeting many of you and as always a pleasure fishing with some regular buddies. My strategy took me up the bay and to the bridge to fish all the pilings. I got a short SB on the way and several short bites. Under the bridge I had one break off and on the way back down the channel one more. The LAB has been tough lately boys so for those of you new to her just be patient and she will turn up the heat soon and you have a good summer of fishing to look forward too!

I think this is one of the biggest turn outs we have had so far. Thanks to everyone for showing up and making it a great experience!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum