FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

2012 Float tube gathering in the salt

+25
itchybass
Tubinferbass
CPT Kirk
TheAsianGuy
FlamingTube
Vagabond
Dano67
jaws197
waxon67
Konacrush
cappo
sonarbp
ed5000x
Aquaholic38
flyfishingfool
IN2DEEP
tubefish
HEADCASE881
bayfishingjunkie
LGHT
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
hakaveli
Fisher
n2deepfsw
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 16]

3262012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:58 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes I was a good time and a great turn out even one of the home owners said to me is this an event or you guys by your self I never seen so many tubes at one time lol but any way thanks for the good time I got a big skunk but had fun thanks guysfor the great company

3272012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:36 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya thx everyone and thx jeff for the great stuff i got me my fish lizard fish and croker next time i hope to get me a spotie thx for the great time guyz

3282012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:47 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you first to the sponsors and all the free schwag!

Props to massfisher who made the 2.5 hour drive and for the spottie he scored... and shaaame to all the guys who didn't show and live less than 2.5 hours away!

Props to Dano for showing up with free plastics and hitting the water with us for 1 hour green happy .

Props to Jeff for showing up with shirts and schwag and not hitting the water with us Sad .

Props to the fresh water guys for not lipping the snake head / lizard fish Thumbs Up and by the way don't lip a halibut or a midshipment either if you catch one.

Congrats to Eddie "aquaholic" and he knows why Thumbs Up

And thank you to everyone that showed up and made this a awesome get togeather. And especially thank you for us not having a 14 man skunk or else I would have rage quit the forum.

3292012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:Thank you first to the sponsors and all the free schwag!

Props to massfisher who made the 2.5 hour drive and for the spottie he scored... and shaaame to all the guys who didn't show and live less than 2.5 hours away!

Props to Dano for showing up with free plastics and hitting the water with us for 1 hour green happy .

Props to Jeff for showing up with shirts and schwag and not hitting the water with us Sad .

Props to the fresh water guys for not lipping the snake head / lizard fish [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and by the way don't lip a halibut or a midshipment either if you catch one.

Congrats to Eddie "aquaholic" and he knows why [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And thank you to everyone that showed up and made this a awesome get togeather. And especially thank you for us not having a 14 man skunk or else I would have rage quit the forum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lucky!
thanx to the sponsors and FTFF tackle store for providing those samples! those lures colors are awesome! and our shirts came right on time! BTW, it was my lil` brother`s first time tubing!! I think he liked it!

3302012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

O yeah!!!! Was an awesome time floatin in the salt!!!! Was the first time for me an was pretty awesome gettin outta the fresh to get salty. Gotta meet alot of awesome tubers in there own enviroment. Was way cool to watch these guys do there thing. Great bunch of tubers out there..... Congrats to all who won you guys earned it was a hard bite out there. Thanks Jeff for this awesome site an n2deepfsw for gettin this goin much appreciated. Thanks to all the sponsors for hookin us up with some awesome gear was well used. Thanks again for everything guys was way awesome!!!

Btw big props to itchybass...... I watched this guy hook into somethin that pulled him for days an heard he landed it Shocked WTG man!!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

3312012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:40 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:O yeah!!!! Was an awesome time floatin in the salt!!!! Was the first time for me an was pretty awesome gettin outta the fresh to get salty. Gotta meet alot of awesome tubers in there own enviroment. Was way cool to watch these guys do there thing. Great bunch of tubers out there..... Congrats to all who won you guys earned it was a hard bite out there. Thanks Jeff for this awesome site an n2deepfsw for gettin this goin much appreciated. Thanks to all the sponsors for hookin us up with some awesome gear was well used. Thanks again for everything guys was way awesome!!!

Btw big props to itchybass...... I watched this guy hook into somethin that pulled him for days an heard he landed it Shocked WTG man!!!
I've got some video footage of him kicking hard to keep from getting spooled!

3322012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Btw big props to itchybass...... I watched this guy hook into somethin that pulled him for days an heard he landed it Shocked WTG man!!!

Itchybass is one HELL of a fisherman!!! He told me about the little fish he landed....to bad he didn't get in the big fish side pot! Thumbs Up

3332012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:07 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
I've got some video footage of him kicking hard to keep from getting spooled!

Post it up I want to see that!!! Thumbs Up

3342012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:03 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks to all the guys that put this together. It was a great time and it was really nice to meet everyone. Fishing was a bit tough and the spotties were really tough to find. I ended up with 11 fish, 3 spotties, 4 sand bass, 3 yellow fin croaker, and 1 perch. Oh ya and I almost got spooled/broke my rod on a massive ray. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of it. Here are some pictures I took.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3352012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:06 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

NICE shot of that huge swirl...I bet that was fun getting pulled around! Thumbs Up

3362012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:31 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Did you cut your line or did you manage to land it? Dude, imagine that little tail come close to the tube.

3372012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

After I got it within a couple feet and got a good visual of its size I decided it was best to cut my line. I though it would put a bit of a damper on the day if it decided to jump in my lap.

3382012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:47 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

itchybass wrote:After I got it within a couple feet and got a good visual of its size I decided it was best to cut my line. I though it would put a bit of a damper on the day if it decided to jump in my lap.

LOL...you should have beached it then did a little tap dance on it! LOL

3392012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That would have been THE WINNER BY DEFAULT if you could have land it. Upload that freaking video!!! Wink Wish I could have been there. Would have helped you with the pontoon by rowing you into shore. But, family events come first..or I'll be sleeping with the dogs in the garage.

3402012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I believe I could have landed it if I really wanted to. Being that I forgot to do the big fish deal and that spotties were the main target; I decided it best to just let the big fellow go. Plus the sheer size of this thing scared the crud out of me.

3412012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:20 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice itchybass, 11 for a slow day is kickass! I don't think I got bit more than 5x but it was great meeting all you guys out there and putting a name to a face.

3422012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:34 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Consider for a slow day, 11 is a freaking miracle! He must have that bay completely mentally GPS-ed, memorized details, and got his moon/tide calendar hardwired into his noggin.

3432012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Consider for a slow day, 11 is a freaking miracle! He must have that bay completely mentally GPS-ed, memorized details, and got his moon/tide calendar hardwired into his noggin.

Sure wish I could have made it...I could have got 12... Shocked Thumbs Up

3442012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:45 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:Sure wish I could have made it...I could have got 12... Shocked Thumbs Up

11 fishes, and yourself as the 12th? Razz j/k I normally get myself into a tangle with the trolling line during high wind even while trolling, and surely enough, got myself counted as the catch of the day as "Fish = X. Stupid = 1..or more."

3452012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:49 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL... Thumbs Up I have hooked myself to many time to count!

3462012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:40 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Damn....i only got bit once! Well i got bit maybe 3 times but im sure 2 of those fish were lizards...

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

3472012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:44 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i got bit about 6 time and a good fight for about 6 seconds and he let go lol i almost got hit in the face

3482012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:46 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ed, you use treble or barb/barbless single hooks? Just letting go after 6 secs. Those hooks must be run-mill-bait hooks rather than the self-hooking type?

3492012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:49 pm

itchybass

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I also lost the tail on two big hammers. Apparently I get too excited when I get bit and can't wait to set the hook. I'm going to be out of commission for the next few weeks. Apparently I fish too much and have to help out with wedding preparations. BAH isn't that the lady's job?

3502012 Float tube gathering in the salt - Page 14 Empty Re: 2012 Float tube gathering in the salt Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:51 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hm..wedding..fish..wedding..fish. I think you should stick with the wedding first, finish it up, get hitched onto the ball with the chain, and then go back to fishing. That is, if you can. MUahahahahahaha..once you're married, the game rules change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum