FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Troutbum Today at 5:41 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Old Tuber, first time here in my new FC4 deluxe

+10
Aquaholic38
FishinPhil
TheAsianGuy
waxon67
jeffcpr
Tubinferbass
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
MASSfisher
Streak
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Streak

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi All,
What a great forum with lots of useful information.
I have been tubing for 20 odd years mainly in freshwater.
I recently moved to SoCal and have been having the best time ever tubing the SD bay, lots of fish there.

All these years I have had a Caddis Navigator II which has been superb, literaly a floating lounge chair!
On an outing in the bay a few days ago one of the outer seams let rip. Research indicated the FC4 deluxe as a replacement so I bought one and had my first outing back in the bay yesterday.
Everything was great except with the high seating position you cant rest your arms on the sides. I miss being able to rest my arms on the pontoons of the Navigator (I am a fly fisherman) while stripping line.
I am sure I am just being a wimp and will get used to it but I am going to try and find some kind of foam or inflatable piece to insert along side the pocket to rest my arms on.

I have a lot of bass rod and reels plus jig heads and plastic minnows. Maybe one day I will try that instead of the fly.

Cheers all!!

welcome to the forum.
I had a old caddis tube that was the same way. I was able to rest my arms on the sides. Now I am riding on new outcast and sit 3ft higher. I must say for my type of fishing it was the best thing ever. Now my arms are more free for casting and pitching. Not always hitting the side pockets with my elbos.
I think after you fish few things from it you will be more happy with the setup, just IMO

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the site! It took me some time to get used to the FC4 as well but it was worth it. I usually keep a ton of stuff in my pockets so occasionally I get to rest my arms (usually when drifting live bait for halibut or "trolling" from one spot to another).

Never fly fished before but when using my bait caster being high out of the water is a big plus!

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum.

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes welcome.to the forum and you will start to see better casting and better movement on-the-job water give it a few time out and you will feel right at home on that tube

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to this great site!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome Streak glad you found us share our site with others.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Streak

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks to all of you for your welcomes and words of encouragement.
Hope to see you on the water sometime.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Howdy!

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome Streak!

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

welcome

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

FishinPhil wrote:welcome
yeah welcome streak!!
hey fishingphil, is that a white sea bass? and cought on the kayak on top of that truck? thats awesome!! I`d like to Yak along if you dont mind the company and I`ll share some good sea bass spots I know about as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Welcome aboard sir!!! I'm new here myself and just started tubing the sd bay couple weeks ago. Let me know if you want to hook up for some bay fishing

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome!
Add your birthday in your profile so your age will show up
Us "old guys" need some company! Wink

Streak

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks all.
Scion619 I am always keen to fish the bay.
I just finished a rod tube holder for my FC4.
Next time out I am going to take along my bass rod and reel as well as my fly rod and try may hand at some plastics and crank-baits in the bay.

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Aquaholic38 wrote:
yeah welcome streak!!
hey fishingphil, is that a white sea bass? and cought on the kayak on top of that truck? thats awesome!! I`d like to Yak along if you dont mind the company and I`ll share some good sea bass spots I know about as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I kayak fished for three years, in the harbor and off of La Jolla. I sold the kayak two years ago when I bought a new car and Thule and Yakima didn't make a rack for it. I do have many memories of white sea bass, yellowtails, a black sea bass (catch and release), a mako shark, and a variety of other species. Float tubing is my new chapter in my life as a fisherman. I just got my step in fins today.

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

FishinPhil wrote:
Aquaholic38 wrote:
yeah welcome streak!!
I kayak fished for three years, in the harbor and off of La Jolla. I sold the kayak two years ago when I bought a new car and Thule and Yakima didn't make a rack for it. I do have many memories of white sea bass, yellowtails, a black sea bass (catch and release), a mako shark, and a variety of other species. Float tubing is my new chapter in my life as a fisherman. I just got my step in fins today.
very nice!!

Streak

FTFF Gathering Officer

So what are we waiting for?
Lets go and tube the bay!!

19Old Tuber, first time here in my new FC4 deluxe Empty Welcome Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Thumperrr

FTFF Gathering Officer

Like you,I've been tubing for 20 years up here in Canada I have 3 tubes,and a new 9 ft pontoon I don't use as often as I should yet.The ice is starting to clear off here,so there's lots of boats out on the hy-ways.Enjoy the forum Very Happy

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thumperrr well to the forum and you can start your own post so we all can say whats up but anyway welcome and have fun looking around

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

63 here, most of you I'm guessing are way younger, anyway, I love my FC4, just wish I had a tad more storage.

get out on the water, and have fun.. Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum