FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Info collection - Float tubes, pontoon, kayak mods

+11
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
bodfish
IN2DEEP
n2deepfsw
waxon67
ed5000x
flyfishingfool
Fisher
Dano67
TheAsianGuy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

We need to collect info about modding, not just for the float tubes, but also inflatable pontoons as well. This site stands out as a dedicated floating armada forum, yet, very little info on a collective mod for floats, toons, and yaks. We need to bring this site into a spot light further. How?

1. Collective of mods photos in a single area, or various links. What ever you can find on the net, we need to pool the found info into one photo collection, of course, mention where you found the photos at. I'm still trying to relocate all the links where I got the photos from to give the other site's modders the credits.

2. Products and locations they bought the mod equipment from. Rather than searching through the forum, which the search function is lacking by the way, how about a few posts in the mod section to give the straight-to-the-point info?

3. If gears are self-created, how about step-by-step instructions? I'm pulling my files out now, including all the calculations, step-by-step instruction, as well as recommendations from all the research that I did.

4. People in the forum that's willing to share experienced knowledge on mods and modding services, such as welding, metallogy, designs specs, etc.. Information is scattered all over the place. It's nuts to find the information one needs. If we want this site to thrive, we really need to make something like this happens.

5. Products reviews. No, not the typical company's product hyping. I'm talking about proper third perspective reviews, by the common anglers for the common anglers. No bias, no paid opinions. Just pure and respected reviews of products used. Do we have that forum section in here somewhere?

Am I stepping over my bound? Please, let me know. I love this forum and its member for dedicating their resources for floating anglers. We need to push for the site to explode on the network highways.

Collection of tube mods: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My pontoon mods (still in developmental stages): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If there's photo gallery we can shove onto this site, even better. We can collect everything and shove the files there. Otherwise, we need to horde!

Dano67

Dano67

I like all of the above. Maybe we should have an online meeting to talk about the best ways to accomplish some of those goals. What do you say Jeff, its your baby!

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i thought it was the float TUBE forums

Dano67

Dano67

It is the FLOAT tube forum, what he is saying is that all of this information is here already, and for the forum to thrive, a little better organization would help.

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Remember, a float tube is a relationship of a man-powered floating device sitting on water, let it be a U-boat, round-boat, hybrid floating tube, inflatable pontoons, or a kayak. The relationship is one of the same. We use it all under this float tube forum to be united under one interest: float and fish.

cool idea, it would be nice to just make one click and check out all the pictures of mods made instead of going through hundreds of post.

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Thanks for your input Asiandude.

I've dedicated a section of the forum to tubes/pontoons/kayaks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thought it was a float tube forum

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Remember, a float tube is a relationship of a man-powered floating device sitting on water, let it be a U-boat, round-boat, hybrid floating tube, inflatable pontoons, or a kayak. The relationship is one of the same. We use it all under this float tube forum to be united under one interest: float and fish.

I understand the desire for consolidation and organization of ideas. I support that movement. But I firmly believe the purity of this forum is what gave it it's identity and charm. It is what I would guess brought so many here.

It was different. Now...it is not.

Sorry there is no "smiley" to go with this sentiment.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

flyfishingfool wrote:Thanks for your input Asiandude.

I've dedicated a section of the forum to tubes/pontoons/kayaks.

Isn't this a float tube forum? Kayaks?

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I thought if you wanted info on a float tube you come here and for a yak you search yak and so forth

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's why there are other forum and I have not yet meet a person with a yak actually talk to me on my tube all I ever heard was you should get a yak or a boat

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would have to agree about the no kayaks
They have their own forums

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

hmm... Where to start...

First off, thanks for the input guys. And just like all of you, I would like to see this forum grow, but it's gonna take some time.

Lately I've been able to make some time to make this forum a little more organized and have it focus more on float tubes and other personal watercraft.

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Hmmm,... interesting,...

Seems like a good idea to collate some of the most common answers to the most common questions.
What tube?
what toon?
and the incessant, What waders and fins?
product reviews?
and boat mods?

Kayaks,...? Maybe, but they are a completely different vehicle. (as are toons)

I nominate Asian Guy to be in charge of all this stuff, He seems to have the juice for it.

Hmmm,.. I didn't realize we were tying to take over the net. Hee Hee,....... bodfish

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well we have almost 300 members and we are grow with just what we have. We also got a lot of sponsors only a few when I joined this forum has alot of great people and friendly too . It bad enough that some people think that float tubes are a poor mans boat and looked down on . My point is we all have a good thing here and its working just fine and yes we talk about everything good days bad days when can we fish and meet up and I don't see a kayak guy meeting up with a tube and fishing the same.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I just want to make my first contribution to the new topic. Here is a mod on a yak.

Oh wrong yak? Sorry.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:I just want to make my first contribution to the new topic. Here is a mod on a yak.

Oh wrong yak? Sorry.

Wrong forum sir.....

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think AsianGuy is on to something. Having all that info in one area, in one easy to read section would help out a lot. No more searching around for what you know is there but can't seem to find, AND when new guys join they'll see that information instead of asking the same question over and over again.

As far as yak's.....uhhh they are a completely different beast. If you are a tuber and a yaker that's cool....but there are plenty of other sites out their for those guys. As far as i see it, toons are different but they are almost the same thing. Not trying to start a toon vs tube argument but compared to a yak or boat a toon is the next closest thing to a shark donut.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well what yak is that picture lmao

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

haha ill ride that yak but ya the reason i joined this forum was because it was a float tube forum the pic and mod thing is a good idea but for float tubs only and maybe some toon stuff

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

I know this site is suppose to be dedicated to float tubes, but it also should be be open to all other personal watercraft to help this forum grow.

This is the reason why I added kayaks. If this doesn't seem like a good move we can remove it.

I'll post a poll about this subject later to come to a conclusion.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya lets roll with a Poll and see what the groups idea is, I think we should stay tubes but that is me. We are much bigger than just me and we do want it to grow, but lets do it will the collective agreement of the forum.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubes and maybe toons I say that's my vote

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am in the same water as you but I can see FFF's idea as well, the poll will tell us.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum