FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Info collection - Float tubes, pontoon, kayak mods

+11
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
bodfish
IN2DEEP
n2deepfsw
waxon67
ed5000x
flyfishingfool
Fisher
Dano67
TheAsianGuy
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

monkeee2002

monkeee2002
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:
monkeee2002 wrote:
FishinPhil wrote:You have to weigh the pros and cons for both and see which is right for you.
I decided on a Cumberland because it was lighter than a toon, easier to pump up and set up compared to a toon. It was also very easy to bring down to the water and back to the car. For me the pros for the Cumberland out weighed the pros for the toon.

Thanks, Phil.
I've been working on this choice for a few weeks - I try to research any purchase with this many choices!- and I think I'm going to stay with my original choice - a tube.
I had it narrowed down to the cumberland and the Togiak before I started looking at the forums for advice. And I just found that the Togiak is on sale at wallyworld for $139. So I guess it's going to be the Togiak.

You guys do realize there are several choices now in "Frameless" Pontoons. You still sit well out of the water , you have the oars, you can add a motor, tons of room, more stable, and better on rough water.

BUT, you still inflate like a tube. Takes me 2 minutes to pump up a 9 foot model with an LVM pump. I also like that the side bags are separate.

Difference however is cost and weight. My 9 foot pontoon weighs 28 lbs. and as far as packing.

With the seat still inflated:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

OR

So there is a choice.

Thanks for the input everyone!
I did look at some frameless toons, but the price difference is a bit more than I want to deal with. And thanks for putting up the pics! Looking at the toon in your Toyota, I'm sure it would be a very tight squeeze getting it in my Jeep. And more gear besides, and I'd be SOL.

This forum has provided me with tons of great info, I've learned a lot, and it's given me some ideas. Very Happy
I'm off to Cabela's, cheers I don't want to wait the 10 days for walmarts site-to-store, lol! Arrow
This weekend I'll be starting a rod holder & live well monkey

And YAY! I finally found a forum with a monkey smiley! monkey ....doesn't look like any monkey I've seen though, lol!

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

They are pricy but I like that lifetime warranty. Ate soup for a month...LOL

Good luck and post pictures of the new ride.

Oh and it a Suzuki...LOL

monkeee2002

monkeee2002
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Renegade wrote:They are pricy but I like that lifetime warranty. Ate soup for a month...LOL

Good luck and post pictures of the new ride.

Oh and it a Suzuki...LOL

I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". Sometimes, el cheapo is an ok way to go. But, I don't want to buy a disposable float tube, lol!
So, ~$380 bucks at Cabela's. Got the Togiak, waders(on sale), fins, fin straps, life vest (1/2 off), and neoprene socks.
My bad on the Zuki, it looked like a 4-Runner. Tomorrow will be picture day, I have it aired up & will check for a soft tube in the morning. Then it's off to HD for some PVC ;-)

monkeee2002

monkeee2002
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Does anyone else use powerbaits, or baits that come in the little jars? How do y'all organize these little buggeres? Some of mine are glass, so I'm skeptical about letting them rattle around in a toob pocket, lol!

monkeee2002 wrote:Does anyone else use powerbaits, or baits that come in the little jars? How do y'all organize these little buggeres? Some of mine are glass, so I'm skeptical about letting them rattle around in a toob pocket, lol!

all the time when I did trout fishing half of the year. the glass jars are tuff. I would worry too much about them. I have never had a jar break on me even when doing 40+pmh down the whopps/fire roads in my truck back in the day.

monkeee2002

monkeee2002
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Here's a pic of my rod holder, v1.1
I'm modding it a bit. I decided I only need 2 rod holders at most. I also want to adjust the net holder, the net bangs around in the tube, and makes a lot of noise.
I think I'm going to make something for those glass jars, too. "Just in case". With my luck, if something can break, it will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum