FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Today at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Today at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas

+7
Masterbaiter
Konacrush
ed5000x
bayfishingjunkie
TheAsianGuy
Fisher
chuy72
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:27 pm

chuy72

chuy72
FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi I am new to forum and to the float tube world I took my tube out stock and found it a little hard to control everything such as poles gear and the oars and I did not have a anchor so it was hard to sit still kinda just floated around anyone have any ideas or pics that i can see to add a few things Ive made a 3 slot holder so far and looking for some new ideas or things you have tried and like thanks!

Last edited by chuy72 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

2Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:40 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums not sure abot toons but theres other ppl in here that can help

3Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 pm

chuy72

chuy72
FTFF Gathering Officer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ok so I just learned how to add pics this is what I made I hope the pic comes out

Last edited by chuy72 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

4Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:22 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Could you give us the detail of your tube/toon you're using?

5Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:01 pm

chuy72

chuy72
FTFF Gathering Officer

My toon is a Creek Company Sport LT 8ft. looks just like this

6Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:05 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ah..you might want to check out a few of the pontoon ideas here:

or

Just some ideas.

7Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:13 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have the same one the sky's the limit.. Ive re-moded mine 3 times...at its best ,,before someone broke in and stole alot of my stuff... Mine had the following items/mods done to it. 40# thrust trolling motor,battery box/engine mount,treated wooden floor panels,solar panel for recharging battery,removable live bait tank,3-rod holder/ 2 rod holders for drifting, Hummingbird gps/plotter/sonar. camera mount /camera. custom bass boat seat that was raised 2 feet to create underseat storage and provide a better fishing position, and the entire rig had all hardwear replaced with stainless steel pieces, and complete new paint 3 coats corrosion resistant blue metallic....so if ya need help with toon mods I got ya covered...

this is the way it was origanally set up...

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

8Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:28 pm

chuy72

chuy72
FTFF Gathering Officer

nice set up fishingjunkie i wanted to put a floor panel but wasent sure how to or what to do. Do you have any close up's of yours that you can post Thanks

9Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:14 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I help build a pole holder for my buddy's took it was fun and I am trying to find picture it pretty cool holds 3 pole and the one-on-one the left moves from back and forward acts as and front bait and wait holder or a holder to rest your pole in to for unhooking fish and stuff like that

10Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:51 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I really hope the thieves didn't steal that set up from you cause If it were mine I would be so upset nice set up though I hope they didnt get it

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

11Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

they got my hummingbird from the toon

12Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:07 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

and they took the 3 carrot stix you see in that photo too

13Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:16 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

excuse the photo quality... this is the rear deck without the solar panel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
this is the front foot rest area

and this is the seating area notice how the milk crate raises the seat and creates storage space.

14Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:19 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

here it is at puddingstone last week

15Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 am

chuy72

chuy72
FTFF Gathering Officer

Real nice bro good pics gives me some ideas now i need to get on it looks real good

16Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie, What size solar panel are you using?

17Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:51 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

bayfishingjunkie wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

here it is at puddingstone last week

With the rockers being that large, how do you ride with battery and motor. And I take it you don't row sitting that high, right?
One last question, do you go forward or backward?

18Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:48 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Before I go any further... I am in the process of re-doing the toon as we speak..

To answer
It rides great / but I have only 30# thrust and my battery is 1/2 the normal size but with about 75% the stamina of a full size. It has never died on me or shown loss in power even after 6 hours on the water towing a float tuber behind.

motor is mounted in the corner so I can go forward/ backwards it doesnt matter but normally fish facing forward.. no oars. only bring when night salt water fishing or planning to fish bigger bodies of water.

19Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:51 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

my solar panel is 18x18 it helps power the fish finder... I have actually removed it so I'll sell it cheap'

20Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:54 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

This is how it looked after the first mods, before it became what you see in the other pic... but the 2012 version is almost ready [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

21Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:25 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

This is why I asked:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are you using a Deep Cycle Battery?

22Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

yes its a deep cycle... BPS has one that is made just for toons,kayaks etc... in the pic above it looks like the weight is not spread out very well the floats may be low and the guy is leaning too far back.... I ride level as can be its like fishing from a recliner..lol

23Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:09 am

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Very interesting about those batteries. I have never heard of them.
Of course there is always gas. Razz Razz

Johnpeace9@gmail.com likes this post

24Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bayfishingjunkie wrote:This is how it looked after the first mods, before it became what you see in the other pic... but the 2012 version is almost ready [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Will they allow this set-up onto DVL or Skinner with their strict "no water contact" policy?

25Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas  Empty Re: Pontoon MODS! Any Ideas Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:30 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I am not as creative. I use a lot of Sotty product and Ram for the sonar

Cool thing is, boat travel like this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum