FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 11:34 am

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Troutbum Today at 9:42 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012)

+6
jeffcpr
ed5000x
Tubinferbass
n2deepfsw
HEADCASE881
TheHegemon
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:52 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Went out Sunday morning from 6-11:30AM to fish Los Alamitos Bay.

Launched from the Pacific Coast Sailing Foundation against my better judgement and made my way to the Bay Yacht Club area. Not one fish the whole way there, which was unusual since I always get at least a Lizzy!

Oh well, start hitting the docks around that area and I land my first legal spotty from the LAB:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It put up a good fight and throw up what looked like a baby lizard! Shocked

Then slow going for the rest of the day. Made my way back to the launch area and started pitching near the docks across from the launch area.
I land another 14" fish:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I decide to stay in the area a bit longer and work the sandy parts. I get a couple of good bites but no hookups! Sad Then, I get a GOOD hit! I fight it for a bit, but I didn't set the hook right and it comes off. I try throwing it back in and as I'm about to bring the lure in to throw it back again I see a LEGAL halibut chasing the bait! As soon as it sees me darts away never to be seen again. Embarassed

Oh well had a good time, can't wait to go out again this weekend!

P.S. Be careful of your surroundings! I always stay close to the boats and out of the middle of the bay because the damn outriggers never watch where they're going! So one of the teams (with a leader facing forward and directing mind you!) decides it's a good idea to try and cut between me and the docks instead of going towards the middle and almost ends up hitting me straight on! One of the oars ended up getting tangled in my line and breaking it off! WTF. And the douchebags didn't even say anything after they sped off! Evil or Very Mad I have newfound hate for these self-entitled people that think they own the bay!

2The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:09 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I am with u on the outrigger douches they think they own the place or something

3The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:10 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice red flake bait, is that a OTS in the Ed color?

4The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome post n pics man!!! Yeah my first time out there got yelled at by some rowers cuz they werent lookin were there goin....... N I thought perris had crazy waters lol

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

5The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:15 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@HeadCase No kidding! Right after that happened some other !#%#*es in another outriggger almost hit me while I was retying. And they had the nerve to tell ME to watch out!

@n2deep Yes it is! I got one from Ed during the last SD trip. I need to remember to order some before I lose that one. It is definitely great for the bigger spotties!

6The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:24 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheHegemon wrote:@HeadCase No kidding! Right after that happened some other !#%#*es in another outriggger almost hit me while I was retying. And they had the nerve to tell ME to watch out!

@n2deep Yes it is! I got one from Ed during the last SD trip. I need to remember to order some before I lose that one. It is definitely great for the bigger spotties!

They make great baits check there other ones out too, the Ed color works great for them spotties. Good job!

7The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:30 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i fished the ED and i used it for a long time and i have yet to catch anything on that plastic so i must be doing something wrong

8The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:53 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:i fished the ED and i used it for a long time and i have yet to catch anything on that plastic so i must be doing something wrong
Haha, come out with us and I'll show you the way... Thumbs Up

9The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Man I have been away for to long now OTS is naming colors after our members were the hell was I ZZZZZZZ

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:00 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Man I have been away for to long now OTS is naming colors after our members were the hell was I ZZZZZZZ

It was supposed to be the Jeff but you left early.... Haha

11The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good work out there, and I agree re: the rowers. Also keep an eye out for the junior sailors in their sabots, some of those kids are down right dangerous..Oh, and lets not forget the stand up paddle boarders..I had a girl on one a few months ago try to squeeze between me and a dock, she wound up hitting a pretty nice motor yacht and fell in the drink, when she got up, she gave me the stink eye, like it was My fault or something..LOL

Seems like the smaller the vessel they are on, the bigger the a hole they are. NPH oth, has some cool folks down there.

12The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:11 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

No kidding Hammer 4. I have noticed the people in the smaller vessels are the worst! Luckily for the most part I try to stay pretty aware of my surroundings but I will need to be more vigilant in the future. I definitely don't want to fall in!

13The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:42 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice catches!
Looks like a very good day
What happened to the Oceanside move?

14The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Hee, Hee, !!
Yeah the problem with other boater traffic is that they look at us like you would look at the little blue hair in their honda civic doing 45 on the freeway. Because we are so slow we pose a navigational hazard to them. So be aware and anticipate as much as you can. As much as I hate to admit it we ARE the hazard not them.

bodfish

15The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 pm

TheHegemon

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@IN2DEEP Thanks man! Unfortunately they ended up going up with someone else because the recruiter put some things on my resume without my knowledge Mad . Which is dumb because I would've gotten the job otherwise. Oh well, at least I got a pay raise to stay at my current position so everything went better than expected I guess! Very Happy

@bodfish Yeah I can see the similarities. However that is what the slow lane is for! Which is why I stay towards the sides, it's just annoying when the boats go where slower traffic is at. It's like tailgating and honking at an old granny driving 35mph when all the rest of the lanes are wide open! scratch

16The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:36 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:
ed5000x wrote:i fished the ED and i used it for a long time and i have yet to catch anything on that plastic so i must be doing something wrong
Haha, come out with us and I'll show you the way... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Glad we have waders...gettin kinda deep lol!

17The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Empty Re: The Ones Who Got Away (LAB 3/4/2012) Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:58 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote:
Hey guys,
Hee, Hee, !!
Yeah the problem with other boater traffic is that they look at us like you would look at the little blue hair in their honda civic doing 45 on the freeway. Because we are so slow we pose a navigational hazard to them. So be aware and anticipate as much as you can. As much as I hate to admit it we ARE the hazard not them.

bodfish

I am more concerned about rowers and Duffy boat captains than any dog , shark, or jelly fish. I have two words...WATER CANNON.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum