FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sad expensive day at DVL

+7
aj7798
Konacrush
Aquaholic38
n2deepfsw
ed5000x
Hammer 4
Tubinferbass
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:26 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So I went out an bought myself a new 8" huddleston yesterday to use today at dv. Got there an first cast I got hit on the drop but jus scraped the tail. start movin my way down the shore an get the hudd snagged in a tree never to be seen again. After pouting I made my way over to a road by the east dam throwin the gill sb. I managed to hook what I could sware was a dd lmb for sure. fought her for a bit got her to shore an just about to lip her "pop" the line broke.......... She swam off withe the matt gill bait in her mouth Sad Again pouted for a coupple min then tied on a nother matt gill bait an worked my way to a cove. Met some other guys throwin big baits n started fishin with em. Bout 6-7 cast in the cove i feel a lil tick then a thump n set the hook. Another hog n still sketched out from the line break didnt set the hook enough an when the guy went to drop his rod to lip...... Thump she shook her big ol head n out came the gill Evil or Very Mad After that I pretty much packed up an called it a day!!!!!

On a nother note messin with the lite tackle swimbaits I managed to land my first german brown an on a baby spro swimbait!!! She threw my for a loop never seen browns in DV before colors were awesome an didnt loose my lure Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

2Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sux about your baits, wait till you lose about 60.00 worth in 1 shot.. Crying or Very sad

Maybe a change to heavier line..? Anyways that brown looks cool. Better luck next time. Time to visit last chance.. Wink

3Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:59 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well there it is a good and bad time good to be out and fishing bad to lose expensive baits but its all good keep up the hard work and have fun

4Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:03 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That blows loosing your baits but that's a cool looking brown!

5Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:56 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks guys..... Yeah I have lost a high dollar bait n made me sick to my stomach Smile I was usein 15 lb maxima mono leeder n 65 lb power pro I probly should have had the 20 instead lesson learned Sad im goin back out fer some revenge friday I hope so well see how it goes........

6Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Tubinferbass wrote:Thanks guys..... Yeah I have lost a high dollar bait n made me sick to my stomach Smile I was usein 15 lb maxima mono leeder n 65 lb power pro I probly should have had the 20 instead lesson learned Sad im goin back out fer some revenge friday I hope so well see how it goes........

Shoot, just go with 20 lb Yozuri coploy, I toss 9" baits with it, it's really strong, and very abrasion resistant. I gave up using leaders, after a couple of castoff's..

7Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

that sucks about your baits! I wanna try my hudd again some time soon! good luck on friday!

8Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

man that does suck about ur baits matt lures is in a spread on the field and stream magazine this month there talking about the new blue gill baits an how a guy on the bassmasters had a 100lb bag of LMB also the Alabama rig bags Bass too I'm thinking of doing the a-rig but the blue gill matt lures is one to have they said that they hit it out of aggression and works 85% of the time when nothing else is working sounds like a winner for L.P. oh and he won his tourny on the blue gill lure from matts lures they should be a sponsor for the F.T.F.F

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

9Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 am

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I use 65lb braid . Then if I get snagged in a tree branch i just rip off the tree branch with my lure

10Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 am

wow they have brown trout there

11Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:26 am

dodoman

dodoman
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Did that d.d. have a white crappie jig stuck on its mouth?

12Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:32 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow sad lost on the fish and lures. Last year at lake san antonio I threw a new matt lure around 10 times when it got stuck and or a branch or tree. My GF thought I was crazy because I stripped down and swam out about 50 yards and pulled it off the tree about 6' down. Then I realized I need to buy more lures.

13Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Tubinferbass
Aside from the gear loss, ( yeah, 15 is a bit light.) I think you had a good day! Three good takes, Three good fish, Your pattern was working. Lot's to think about regarding your tackle approach and mechanics. all in all a good day if you ask me. Don't let yourself become "sketched out", I know the loss of the baits was expensive but if you let that intimidate you , you will not fish to your best ability. I think you had a very good day !!

bodfish

14Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I got some confidence I got to rebuild the next fish should do it Very Happy I usuly use 20 lb maxima just straight no braid but was castin on the light 6' rod n thats what what happins. Ill be prepaired tomorrow got a new gill an mindset so fingers crossed. Kona you got an awesome idea would be awesome fer matt to be a FTFF sponsor Thumbs Up I just gotta catch some hogs on em n ill try to hit him up....... An yeah I never knew that there was gb in dv heard they stocked like 4000 lbs.

15Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:46 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

O man jus found out today if I would have turned in my german brown I could have had dvl lake record!!! An I took a pic n threw back Sad I guess they never stocked gb an nobody else has caught one Thumbs Up lol so close to have my pic on the wall n didnt even know it lol

16Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Maybe that brown got put in with the bows on accident. wonder if there are any more in there.? not that I fish for trout, just curious.

I'll take a DVL lake record bass or striper though.. Very Happy

17Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great looking Brownie. Sux about the lost lure.

Last edited by Kelster on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : stupid phone)

18Sad expensive day at DVL Empty Re: Sad expensive day at DVL Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I would have felt bad havin that pic on the wall next to a 4.5 lb gill green happy I was thinkin the same thing bout the mix up in the dfg stock truck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum