FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

gathering/series Date

+15
MASSfisher
LGHT
CPT Kirk
Fisher
Docrunner
HEADCASE881
wiseguy
waxon67
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
.:LOLLY:.
Aquaholic38
Scion619
Hammer 4
Lok Dog
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1gathering/series Date Empty gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Ok boys and girls, you have talked about this and here we go.

As we get closer to each date I will post up New Gathering/Series post on time and meet location just like I did for our Ninja Gathering.

FTFF - Gathering/Series
This is a 2 part gathering

Open series to " MEMBERS ONLY".
1st part - Gathering rules are the same, free with a min. $5.00 tackle donation.
2nd part - Series, the series is all about points and a grand prize at the end of year.
$10.00 sign up fee and $5.00 per event with a $5.00 tackle donation for the normal gathering part.

The money from the series will be used for the gand prizes at the end of the year to the Top 3 winners of the series and to help out the forum.
In order to win the Grand Prize you must be a member and have more than 100 post.

Jeff will adding a Paypal Link so everyone can Pay the $10.00 sign up fee. If you have any question please free feel to ask or PM me

This is a no live bait gathering/series
Lures only.

Round #1 - Sponsored by OTS Baits - June 10th - Newport - Spotties Only - weight & photo

Round #2 - Sponsored by Hook-Rbaits - July 15st - LAB - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #3 - Aug. 18th - Lake Parris - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #4 - Sept 23rd - HH (Ninja) - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #5 - Oct. 28th - Newport (Holloween affraid ) - Spotties Only - weight & photo

Paypal Added

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by miller on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

2gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No San Diego?

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

3gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Lok Dog wrote:No San Diego?

Not to be haten on SD but seeing how 99% of the guys are up here and I know nothing about SD and this being the first time/year I thought it would be wise to stay up this way

4gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 pm

Also these dates are subject to charge over the next few days.
I need to review dates on other full on tournaments so these dates are not on the same weekend

5gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Being that I can't see well at night, and can't fish, and being that HH is at night, that would be a serious handicap for the overall prize, so I'll have sit this one out.. Crying or Very sad

6gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MDR is a good place as well,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

7gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Hammer 4 wrote:Being that I can't see well at night, and can't fish, and being that HH is at night, that would be a serious handicap for the overall prize, so I'll have sit this one out.. Crying or Very sad

I wouldnt say that hammer. you have 4 other rounds to make alot of gound on. I wouldnt just let one round make me sit the whole thing out.

8gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:Being that I can't see well at night, and can't fish, and being that HH is at night, that would be a serious handicap for the overall prize, so I'll have sit this one out.. Crying or Very sad

I wouldnt say that hammer. you have 4 other rounds to make alot of gound on. I wouldnt just let one round make me sit the whole thing out.

That 1 round could mean a 5 to 8 pound deficit, even with a 5 fish limit, that could hard to over come. Also in the case of Cabrillo where yaks have a advantage over tubes, that would be hard for me to justify, as the 1 place I know that holds good fish, is a fairly long kick from the launch site. Please understand, I'm not criticizing, just pointing out what I think could be an advantage for some. And that would also have an effect on the total weight. Just my 3 cents..

9gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:29 am

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

No SD love Sad

10gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:51 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice!!

11gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:09 am

Ok I now see I have lefted something out. This is a float tube only gathering. This is not a full on tournament. No five fish limit.

The series part is just Alittle something to help raise money for the forum and to give back to those who pay into to it and do for Alittle bragging rights and to win prized at the end of the year.

Maybe next year or the year after we can do a full on tournament but for now this is just a gathering with a big side bet at the end

12gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:16 am

Also carbillo may change to different location as this area is a very long kick and will eat up alot of fishing time

13gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:26 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice!

14gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:43 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

whats a full on/non full on turnament? sorry; I`m new at turnamens Smile

15gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:59 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very cool!

16gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 am

Aquaholic38 wrote:whats a full on/non full on turnament? sorry; I`m new at turnamens Smile

full on tournament is a 5 fish limit, pay out every even, sponsors just like SWBA OR SBS.

what I am doing is keep it to gathering with a big side bet at the end of year and help raise money for forum.
This is free for everyone to fish just like are normal gatherings with a 2nd part encluded (the series).

its going to fun to dont let the small fees scare you away.
just remember, the biggest part of the whole series is to raise money for the forum and chance to win a grand prize at the end of year to the top 3 winners

17gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:13 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks guys for setting this up looks clean and should be a lot of fun to compete as well as watch the out come's.
Paypal Added

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I added this button in the original post and you can use it here as well.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

18gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:14 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Do you know what the grand prize will be?

19gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:15 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

MDR for Cabrillo is an idea. Bummer about SD but I see the reasoning. This is the way we ought to be approaching this now and I think it's a great approach

Miller, if you handle this as well as the last gathering it's going to be a great success!

I love it! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

20gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:18 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

O.K...well with the new info. this sheds a whole new light on the gatherings.. Very Happy I just assumed it was gonna be a "tourney" type event.

21gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:44 am

n2deepfsw wrote:Do you know what the grand prize will be?

Yes I know what I want the grand prize to be and prizes for 2nd & 3rd but I have to wait and see what happens with people signing up and go from there.

If anyone has question and would like to call me please feel free to do so.
714-580-0973 Will

22gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

How about we get some fresh water action going? Lake Perris? Switch out Cabrillo? Just a thought. The freshwater dudes can show us their skills! (at least to me) I've yet to catch a LMB. Embarassed

by the way, i just paid my signup fee!

23gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:42 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well i guess us freshwater guys are S.O.L.

24gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:49 am

Good idea guys, let me look into this. This is not 100% set in stone. More info will be coming.

Thank you wise guy for signing up already.

25gathering/series Date Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:29 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So would you be adding freshwater to Saltwater in the same series, or 2 seperate series. You don't need to answer I know you have a lot to deal with. Just wondering sounds good so far.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum