FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

gathering/series Date

+15
MASSfisher
LGHT
CPT Kirk
Fisher
Docrunner
HEADCASE881
wiseguy
waxon67
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
.:LOLLY:.
Aquaholic38
Scion619
Hammer 4
Lok Dog
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

51gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya love that theres no love for the fresh water guyz

52gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:ya love that theres no love for the fresh water guyz

You guyz just had a gathering at Perris..so stop your gripping.. Razz

Move closer to the ocean.. Very Happy

53gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
Fisher wrote:ya love that theres no love for the fresh water guyz

You guyz just had a gathering at Perris..so stop your gripping.. Razz

Move closer to the ocean.. Very Happy

lol!

54gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:33 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:I like the Photo and weight system, but it has it limits I just hope if we go to a live weight in there is no fish losing there life. Maybe you do the live weight in's at the LAB and HH and do photos at the Newport etc...

Maybe if you do the photo & weight, you might want to make a flyer of the date,location and a title like "battle in the bay" then have guys take a photo of the flyer and any pics after that is ligit?

Or have people write a certain word on there hand and the word has to come out in the pic. Whatever the word is, it gets told the day of...

That way when you're holding the fish the verification is already there. Just one less thing to fumble around with while on the tube?

GOOD IDEA

http://bassinthehood.com

55gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:45 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

CPT Kirk wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:I like the Photo and weight system, but it has it limits I just hope if we go to a live weight in there is no fish losing there life. Maybe you do the live weight in's at the LAB and HH and do photos at the Newport etc...

Maybe if you do the photo & weight, you might want to make a flyer of the date,location and a title like "battle in the bay" then have guys take a photo of the flyer and any pics after that is ligit?

Or have people write a certain word on there hand and the word has to come out in the pic. Whatever the word is, it gets told the day of...

That way when you're holding the fish the verification is already there. Just one less thing to fumble around with while on the tube?

GOOD IDEA

Good Idea!

56gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:38 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:

Sounds like a good idea and easy!

57gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

it doesnt have to be perris to be a fresh water gathering how many lakes out there in all of r areas that r float tube friendly to me it sounds like you guyz r just scared to get into some fresh water

58gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ha!, FYI, I'm headed to Castaic Lagoon next week..been catching LMB's since 1970..hope to stick a few toads there on the tube.. Cool

59gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I like the idea of at least one of them beign a freshwater round. But I'm down for whatever you guys decide on.

60gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Sun May 06, 2012 11:38 am

** Just Little up-date, I am still working out for more ideas on this and I'll have final write up on this here soon with rules, dates (if any changes) and final locations (if any changes)

I am thinking of having a double header as well. 2 day gathering/event

61gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Tue May 15, 2012 7:48 pm

**** 5/15/2012 - Update & Changes ****
**** The First 3 Rds the dates have change.
I have 1 sponsor already for this and I am sure all you guys will be stoked with there product. I am also working on few more so there will be some gifts to pass out. Also I am working on trying to fit in 1 or 2 fresh water round at Perris Lake.

Ok boys and girls, you have talked about this and here we go.

As we get closer to each date I will post up New Gathering/Series post on time and meet location just like I did for our Ninja Gathering.

FTFF - Gathering/Series
This is a 2 part gathering

Open series to " MEMBERS ONLY".
1st part - Gathering rules are the same, free with a min. $5.00 tackle donation.
2nd part - Series, the series is all about points and a grand prize at the end of year.
$10.00 sign up fee and $5.00 per event with a $5.00 tackle donation for the normal gathering part.

The money from the series will be used for the gand prizes at the end of the year to the Top 3 winners of the series and to help out the forum.
In order to win the Grand Prize you must be a MEMBER and have more than 100 post.

You can use the PayPal Link to pay for the $10.00 sign up fee or Pay on the First event/gathering.

This is a no live bait gathering/series
Lures only.

Round #1 - June 10th - Newport - Spotties Only - weight & photo

Round #2 - July 15st - LAB - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #3 - Aug. 18th - HH (Ninja) - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #4 - Sept 23rd - Lake Parris - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #5 - Oct. 28th - Newport (Holloween affraid ) - Spotties Only - weight & photo

13" size limit.
3 fish limit - Total weight wins that round
-2.5 points for each dead fish turned in.

Point System
100 points for 1st
95 points for 2nd
90 points for 3rd
80 points for 4th
70 points for 5th
68 points for 6th
67 points for 7th
so on so on

Paypal Added

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

$10 is in to paypal
1. Wiseguy
2. jeffcpr
3. n2deepfsw

Last edited by miller on Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

62gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 7:56 am

Bump, please don't tell me that only 3 guys want to do this

63gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 8:00 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya X2 where is everyone guys this is coming up fast guys.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

64gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Are we allowed to just come out and fish and have fun. Not sure about all this tourney stuff I just want to fish.

65gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 am

Scion619

Scion619
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

LGHT wrote:Are we allowed to just come out and fish and have fun. Not sure about all this tourney stuff I just want to fish.
X2

66gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

Yes, everyone is welcome. It's still a gathering with a 2nd part add into it. All the info is there.
Gathering is the first part, $5 tackle donation
2nd part is the series, $10 sign up, $5 per gathering plus $5 tackle donation.

67gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 11:45 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I just find the whole thing a little one sided. Im a freshwater guy so thats where my confidence. Is im down for some salt action but can put my eggs in one basket when im not much of a bay fisherman i understand the bay are where u guys are most confident but gotta add little time on the water for us freshies too.

68gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya X2 what headcase said maybe if it was like salt then fresh then salt then fresh and so on i would join but other then that count me out

69gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 4:01 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ill try to make some events....kinda wish there were some MB or SD bay events. Ive tubed the lab and nph once before and although i know DPH pretty well i know most of SD and MB like the back of my hand. Wasnt like that before but ive put in tons of hours down here and dont even know how to drive to those other places lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

70gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 5:42 pm

I.E. Boys - for me it has nothing to do with confidence.
This has gathering/series has started late in the year. I am trying to make this happen to hopefully make everyone happy with it but I know thats not possible.

I want to add a fresh water event to this but Im trying to figure out what gather to remove and or what date to add. Plus, I have had some feed back from a few people that will not drive out to IE.
The other problem I have is the only car I have to drive is my work van and its old and dieing. plus, it cost me good $100 to drive out there so I am taking that into consideration as well.

If I can get at least 10 guys that will be 100% into going and pay for the fees up front and if I can get maybe one of you guys to run it that day if I am not able to make it for whatever reason then I will make it happen.

If this all comes togather this year like Im hoping then I have a big sursprise you guys next year.

2 series, fresh and salt with a Bass Playoffs. Fresh vs Salt lol!

Tuber,Fisher and Headcase, if you guys want give me call and lets see if we can try and work something out on this

71gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

there. I paid
whats I.E? dont know but I`m with you guys, If you drive to LA for gatherings we should drive up to SD as well. if we have crapy cars whats our own issue to solve I belive. (carpool; helloo!) and i suck at fresh water but i like the idea one Salt, one fresh...
and Love the idea of Fresh Vs salt anglers! that`d be cool. So come one guys! lets hear some more feed back [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

72gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here's my 2-cents .. and I think I mentioned this before.

It's only $10 to "register" for the series.. so why the heck not? But, I guess you could say the opposite. I could still fish with the guys as a "gathering" anyways, so why put in the extra $10 if I can't make all the events?

But if it's a total series points competition, then I can see how it might be skewed to the guys that have the most chance of fishing ALL the events (eg. LA/OC peeps). I think if we had even 6 or 7 events, and each event is scored individually, and only your top 3 events count for the series? and maybe some extra points thrown in for biggest overall fish for the whole series.. then I think people from SD wouldn't mind registering for the series, thinking they could probably make at least 3 events. I guess some might think that even if they kill it in the few events they make, they could lose out to others who fish all the events and just pull in some so-so fish. I don't know.. this is just me guessing. Maybe the SD guys can chime in or not. I'm fairly close to all the events, so I'll put my $10 in, but my work/fam schedule is what limits me. I doubt I'll get all the events. I would totally go down to SD or the IE for an event, if my schedule allows for it. I'll carpool! I also wouldn't mind seeing a freshwater event.. eventhough I've never tubed freshwater in my life. Figure I gotta learn sometime, right?! Thanks Miller for putting this together. I know it's tough to please all the people all the time.

Last edited by Docrunner on Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

73gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:

Paypal Added

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

$10 is in to paypal
1. Wiseguy
2. jeffcpr
3. n2deepfsw
4. docrunner (aka "dead money") lol!

74gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Eddie, IE is used in terms for riverside country,
Yes, I know my van issues is just that, my problem and no one else's but I'm honest here and not making up excuses.

2nd, yes if the 2 guys from SD can drive up here we should be able to drive down there but it's not that easy. I have to take into consideration of how meny people will actual show up. We all know how gatherings work, 20 guys on the list to show and only like 12 guys show up.

I realize I'm not going to make everyone happy with this for the first time but I'm trying to find a happy middle

75gathering/series Date - Page 3 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Thank you Doc on understanding.
Thank you Eddie and Doc for paying as well.

Doc, idea of the top 3 event and score it that way is not a bad idea as your not the only one to bring this up to me.
I am throwing that idea around but I am not sure how it will work out.
The problem I see with it is, what if one of you guys fish all the round and place with in the top 5 of all the rounds, is it fair that person or people that fish all the round and only hand few of guys who only fish say 3 or 4 rds and dosent fish say Lake Perris gets the same score as the person who fishes all the rounds ?

If someone can maybe explain it more to me how something like this would work I will take it more into consideration. I guess it would be avg thing, take everyones top 3 or 4 rounds and use that as a total at the end. If everyone is ok with this, we can do something that so that way not everyone has to fish every gathering and still have a chance on placing in the top 3 for grand prize.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum