FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

gathering/series Date

+15
MASSfisher
LGHT
CPT Kirk
Fisher
Docrunner
HEADCASE881
wiseguy
waxon67
jeffcpr
n2deepfsw
.:LOLLY:.
Aquaholic38
Scion619
Hammer 4
Lok Dog
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

76gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:55 pm

*** Edit Location of Round #3 & #4 ***
Round #1 - June 10th - Newport - Spotties Only - weight & photo

Round #2 - July 15st - LAB - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #3 - Aug. 18th - Lake Parris - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #4 - Sept 23rd - HH (Ninja) - Bass Only - live weigh in

Round #5 - Oct. 28th - Newport (Holloween affraid ) - Spotties Only - weight & photo

Last edited by miller on Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 2 times in total

77gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:58 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Paypal Added

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

$10 is in to paypal
1. Wiseguy
2. jeffcpr
3. n2deepfsw
4. Aquaholic
5. Docrunner

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

78gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 9:59 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So we have a freshwater location now changes are hard but it is looking good. Thanks Miller for all you are doing I am sure there is a bit of trouble here but you are doing great.

79gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 10:06 pm

jeffcpr wrote:So we have a freshwater location now changes are hard but it is looking good. Thanks Miller for all you are doing I am sure there is a bit of trouble here but you are doing great.

Yeah its alot of work and kinda of headach at times but its going to be all worth it at the end.

I edit the location again, so now we have salt, salt, fresh, salt and then another salt

80gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Guys there has to be a starting off point and here it is once this one is behind us I am sure the next one will be just a s good with the right set up. Not that this one is bad, it is shaping up great, and I am sure it will be a amazing first run. Again miller thanks for the hard work bro we are all behind you Thumbs Up

81gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:what if one of you guys fish all the round and place with in the top 5 of all the rounds, is it fair that person or people that fish all the round and only hand few of guys who only fish say 3 or 4 rds and dosent fish say Lake Perris gets the same score as the person who fishes all the rounds ?

you talking about me? lol!

I guess that could happen.. but seems unlikely to me. If I was in the top tier of all the rounds, I'd be SO happy!! So what you're saying is if I finish top tier of all the rounds, and someone only fishes 3 events, and finishes top tier.. we could be tied, right? Well, that could happen, but both guys are pretty kick-ass anglers, and plus, i've may have maximized my chances of winning the whole series by fishing every event .. but there are no guarantees, right? Like buying more than 1 ticket for Wiseguys sweet shakiri rod.. nobody would have felt bad if the winner won because he bought more tickets? I guess if there is a tie.. then we'd need a tie-breaker? Like biggest overall fish of the series? I don't know.. I'll go along with anything, and fish whenever/wherever I can! Like I said, I'm dead-money, unless there's a lizardfish bonus point structure added.

Excited.. bounce

82gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Wed May 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Docrunner wrote:
miller wrote:what if one of you guys fish all the round and place with in the top 5 of all the rounds, is it fair that person or people that fish all the round and only hand few of guys who only fish say 3 or 4 rds and dosent fish say Lake Perris gets the same score as the person who fishes all the rounds ?

you talking about me? lol!

I guess that could happen.. but seems unlikely to me. If I was in the top tier of all the rounds, I'd be SO happy!! So what you're saying is if I finish top tier of all the rounds, and someone only fishes 3 events, and finishes top tier.. we could be tied, right? Well, that could happen, but both guys are pretty kick-ass anglers, and plus, i've may have maximized my chances of winning the whole series by fishing every event .. but there are no guarantees, right? Like buying more than 1 ticket for Wiseguys sweet shakiri rod.. nobody would have felt bad if the winner won because he bought more tickets? I guess if there is a tie.. then we'd need a tie-breaker? Like biggest overall fish of the series? I don't know.. I'll go along with anything, and fish whenever/wherever I can! Like I said, I'm dead-money, unless there's a lizardfish bonus point structure added.

Excited.. bounce

No I am not talking about you. No names will said, there are a few guys that have voiced there opion and I'll leave it as that.

Doc, let me know when you want to tube and I'll help show you the ropes some more outside. Just give a days notice.

83gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I still think you guys are going in the wrong direction by having "tournaments". I've only been to a few gatherings so far, but the few I've been to have been a friendly gathering where I can just go out enjoy myself and try and learn as much as possible and just fish. Then hang out and enjoy some good food and talk about fishing. Each time I was able to get the help of some of the better fisherman with my lure selection, location, and technique. Again just a friendly gathering without the me against you aspect or the pressure to catch the most or biggest fish. By introducing a series of events with the sole purpose of winning a prize or getting as many points as possible changes the whole fun and friendly dynamic. Now instead of just going out and having a good time the focus will be on competing and points. I don't mind a little competition and side pot was perfect. Now I think it's gone to far. I mean the series hasn't even started and there is already some concearn about the locations not being fair.

84gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

There are other series out there that do not take my input into account. If I want to fish in them I comply with their structure and location. Nothing stops a friendly gathering for example Lok is doing DP. This is just one step in a growth effort for this forum. As always input is welcome and obviously considered. If you are of the competitive nature and the prize interests you, then this is your bag. If not, then just attend a gathering as they still occur and will continue to do so.

I really do not see why there can not be both entities here. I don't see the issue. It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

I hope to see more series materialize. Maybe a spring and summer events. Maybe a fresh water series, maybe a salt series. Just a thought guys.

Way to go Miller looking good. Thumbs Up

85gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 10:43 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i dont care if its perris for the fresh water all i care about is gettin more fresh water in there hodges lake is in the middle for all of us pretty much or what about irvine i just think theres some things wrong in this hole thing sorry

86gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 10:46 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well put Waxon

87gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 10:55 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher it's not designed to be fair. Like Waxon said It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

So bottom line is a big middle finger if you don't like the rules or the way it's setup.

Of course Input is always welcome and considered lol.

88gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 11:00 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I love the fact that we can start callin our gatherin a series or tourny...... Its a big step towards getting tubin more recognized...... I understand that the first go around is gunna be touch n go on a lot of issues an spots but thats what it takes to get a good thing goin. Wtg miller fer takin the initiative on gettin this series thing goin!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

89gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 11:14 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fisher wrote:i dont care if its perris for the fresh water all i care about is gettin more fresh water in there hodges lake is in the middle for all of us pretty much or what about irvine i just think theres some things wrong in this hole thing sorry

Noted.

There is a learning curve involved. What and where we fail this time around perhaps will help in providing a better experience down the road.

90gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 11:28 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

time for a group hug!

91gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 11:35 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:time for a group hug!

Time for a dang wheel! Uh........... lol!

92gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Thu May 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Docrunner wrote:time for a group hug!

Time for a dang wheel! Uh........... lol!

I got a wheel 4U bro! Are you going to DP on Sat? Want to carpool?
'cept that I need to leave early (~1130-12), prob before the live weigh-in, so someone else will have to collect my trophy and prize money. lol!

I'll bring wheel to DP, or we can meet at Sav-On tomorrow, around 9am-ish?

93gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm ready for June 10th! green happy Nothing wrong with trash talking and a little competition, heck I might even learn something from you guys!

94gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 4:34 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Trash talk is healthy and always welcome, so June 10 is the first day out. Maybe I will sit that one out to give everyone else a fighting chance. Wink

95gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 6:47 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Trash talk is healthy and always welcome, so June 10 is the first day out. Maybe I will sit that one out to give everyone else a fighting chance. Wink

lol!

96gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Ok guys, first round is just right around the corner.

I need some opion/feed back on this idea..
I am going to do an avg on the points system.
I was thinking of doing the top 3 or 4 rounds so that everyone has a chance to make at least a few rounds and still have chance in the points. Also, for anyone who fishes all 5 round you will get extra bonus points for doing so.

Now, would you guys like to have the top 3 or top 4 rounds.

Also, this is all a learning curve for this year so just remember that. Where ever I see that I may have failed this year will not happen next year as I have big plans.

On another note - if anyone thinks I am going about this all wrong or have any negative comments about the way I am trying to run this, PM me or in fact CALL ME - 714-580-0973.

I would like to keep all negative comments off this post from here on out.
Thank you

97gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 7:51 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am all for the best 3 that is my opinion, and I second the no neg posts. On word and up word boys, lets get this one off and running an learn as we roll.

98gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Thank you Jeff, I'm thinking of the 3 rds myself too as it would Alittle more fair for everyone

99gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 8:05 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree with top 3 finishes. Thank you for doing this miller! I know know it takes a lot of time to put this together just wanted to give you props!!!!

100gathering/series Date - Page 4 Empty Re: gathering/series Date Mon May 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yeah, I like it!

Didn't think of that.. added points for if you do all 5 tourneys! Yeah, that encourages the newbie to get out there and learn on the water! (ME)

You could have other little bonus points also, like for most total numbers caught, (regardless of size), etc.

I say you just run with it, and post up the rules and be done with it. Nothing that's been posted up has been crazy or unreasonable. Just set the rules and we'll all go along with it. THanks again.. -J

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum