FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Possible live well
by Jerdon Today at 3:42 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 2:04 pm

» Let all of us remember the fallen this weekend!
by Jerdon Sun May 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay June 8th
by jeffcpr Sun May 26, 2024 1:39 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by BigMaxFloats Sun May 26, 2024 11:19 am

» Looking to do some hats
by BigMaxFloats Sun May 26, 2024 11:10 am

» Some good growth.
by Jerdon Mon May 20, 2024 12:47 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 am

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Let all of us remember the fallen this weekend!
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 2 )

» Post by GT in Motor project finished!
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Safety Safety Safety

+23
motorazr
kg562
DanW
BFVSFOREVER
kirkboat
Docrunner
Leakytube
fishntoss
sonarbp
FishinPhil
Aquaholic38
flyfishingfool
smith's handpoured baits
Vagabond
monkeee2002
waxon67
MASSfisher
Kelster
TheAsianGuy
Hammer 4
.:LOLLY:.
Lok Dog
jeffcpr
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:Aquaholic here is a good place to get the replacement bladders.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I`ll check it out, thanx! Hey Waxon, Yeah that was close! I wont forget my PFD next time lol

27Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The couple of times I've been out in my tube, I have worn my PFD. I haven't noticed it being bulky after wearing it for awhile and I actually like the extra support it gives my back.

I also use the strap on my waders. Never having a pair before, it took me a few minutes to figure out what the strap was for.. Doh...

28Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

you can always buy a blow up Doll & put it in the back of your float tube
that would get some head turning while your fishing What a Face

http://www.wmcinc.com

29Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:05 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Leakytube wrote:you can always buy a blow up Doll & put it in the back of your float tube

LT, don't you have some extras you could loan out? lol!

30Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

YES BUT THEY LEAK FROM ALL THE ABUSE lol!

31Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:56 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Leakytube wrote:YES BUT THEY LEAK FROM ALL THE ABUSE lol!
lol!

32Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Leakytube wrote:you can always buy a blow up Doll & put it in the back of your float tube

I want this for my yak! Thumbs Up

33Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:40 am

waxon67 wrote:

I thought you already had one lol!

34Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

I thought you already had one lol!

Well I do but I thought if I mentioned it it might be ENTIRELY INAPPROPRIATE for this forum...

35Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty RE SAFETY Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:44 pm

kirkboat

FTFF Gathering Officer

I wear one all the time...It is a inflatable and I don't even realize I have it on..It is good insurance if something were to go wrong...Lose a bladder, plug the yellow handle and swim to shore...With a lot of tubes going to single bladder it seems to be a easy choice for me...

36Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:54 pm

BFVSFOREVER

FTFF Gathering Officer

I always wear my PFD, I am a 2 1/2 yr Heart Attack survivor and although I have always been a good swimmer, I don't know how long the old ticker would allow me to swim now. I want to take my youngest grandchildren fishing in a few years.

37Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:29 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

kirkboat wrote:I wear one all the time...It is a inflatable and I don't even realize I have it on..It is good insurance if something were to go wrong...Lose a bladder, plug the yellow handle and swim to shore...With a lot of tubes going to single bladder it seems to be a easy choice for me...

kirkboat not sure what tube you are using but unless it is a donut style tube most tubes have multiple bladders. Most tube guys on here use have atleast 2 bladders and a foam or inflatable seat.

38Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:40 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I came up with my Screen name because I got my first Tube White River and it leaked the first time then took it back and got a new one and it leaked again not a good tube
so then I took it back and upgraded to Cat 4 best money I ever spent really happy with Cat 4

39Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 pm

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Hammer 4 wrote:... I can't see that I'll be in a panic if I fall off my tube or something...

If you ever do panic, you can just use your Life Alert bracelet. green happy

and yes i use one of those orange PFD.

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

40Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:44 am

DanW

FTFF Gathering Officer

First post and hopefully it's not bad etiquette to resurrect an old thread. To those that wear a wading belt but not the PFD, have you thought about what it would be like treading water with all that air trapped in your waders? My fear is it may not be all that easy to right myself with all the buoyancy below the waist.

I have a toon and wear both belt and PFD, though it's an auto inflate PFD so it's not that restrictive. I'm doing research for my first tube purchase which is the main reason I joined the forum. Been doing lots of reading and learning. Thanks to all that have been sharing their knowledge.

41Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I sure would not want to be in that position glad you found us. Keep reading and if you have questions post them you will get answers for sure.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

42Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

DanW wrote:First post and hopefully it's not bad etiquette to resurrect an old thread. To those that wear a wading belt but not the PFD, have you thought about what it would be like treading water with all that air trapped in your waders? My fear is it may not be all that easy to right myself with all the buoyancy below the waist.

I have a toon and wear both belt and PFD, though it's an auto inflate PFD so it's not that restrictive. I'm doing research for my first tube purchase which is the main reason I joined the forum. Been doing lots of reading and learning. Thanks to all that have been sharing their knowledge.

welcome to the forum Smile theres always so much to learn.

43Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:02 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

My pfd doubles as a wader belt. Hope it works when needed.

44Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:50 pm

lovetofish

lovetofish
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Just bought a Bass Pro Shops® Auto/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket. They are on sale through Sunday 3/10/13 - $79.97. Savings of $30 (I think). Pricey but a small investment knowing that we are invaluable to out loved ones!

45Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:50 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

DanW wrote:First post and hopefully it's not bad etiquette to resurrect an old thread. To those that wear a wading belt but not the PFD, have you thought about what it would be like treading water with all that air trapped in your waders? My fear is it may not be all that easy to right myself with all the buoyancy below the waist.

The water pushes the air out very quickly.

46Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Air is not the problem its water your wader will fill up and you can't swim well with 15 gal in your waders there are a parachute full of water

47Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:55 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Actually the water pressure outside the waders will keep them from filling. What water does get in will be the same weight as the water on the outside; neutral buoyancy. Not as dangerous as one may think. The real danger in such cases in panic!

48Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:00 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yep, panic is the natural enemy of survival, yet, it's also a component of survival. Talking about a dual-edges sword. My old hip neoprene waders took on heavy water during turbulence water as well, and accidental slippages of the safety straps holding me in place. Just do the normal kicks to stay afloat, and you'll be fine. I swam about 20 feet, pulling my float to shore. You won't sink, nor drown, as long as you can swim. If you can't, hold onto the float as a floatation device, and you're fine.

49Safety Safety Safety - Page 2 Empty Re: Safety Safety Safety Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:44 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I do wear my PFD and wader belt. I too have also had the thought of drowning or going in for a drink. Its something that i would like to keep as just a thought!!! But you never know. I purchased a yak PFD ascend brand which rides high on the back, but can be a bit uncomfotable up front. while paddling I have my vest zippered up all the way. When I get to a spot where I wanna focus on wetting my line I unzip for the most part. Im not the best swimmer and doggy paddling will only get you so far. Better to be safe than sorry. Like Jeff said I love coming home to share my stories with the family in PERSON.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum