FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Troutbum Today at 5:41 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker!

+11
aj7798
Docrunner
FishinPhil
n2deepfsw
Kelster
Lok Dog
LGHT
.:LOLLY:.
Tubinferbass
jeffcpr
wiseguy
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Got the invite from John (Basskicker) if I wanted to go fish for WSB. I said F*** yeah! Met up with John in oceansice and launch a little after 6:30pm. Motored over the spot and set up. After about 15mins of soaking some squirts my rod starts screaming!! John quickly grabs it because I was busy setting up another rod and he feels it and says "its the right kind" Very Happy then he's looking at me like oh crap this is his rod, they he says you want him? I said hell yes! Hands me the rod and I felt solid weight! The fish is peeling drag like nothing and I had the saltist spooled with 250 yards of 65lb powerpro and a short 40lb flouro leader. After about a five minute balttle th fish turns and spits the hook or I ripped his lips! Dammit! Fish gone!

That was an intense moment. Finished setting up three more rods and the fish finder lights up pretty good, then we get instantly picked up his rod and mine start screaming again! We both are fighting fish and he looses his about 30 seconds later and I'm still on! He's pissed that he just lost that fish and as John is putting his rod down to cry a little the second rod he had out is completely bendo!! I yelled at John "John this one" he instantly grabs it and somehow it gets tagled with some of the spectra from his other rod he just put down, he tells me to "cut the braid, cut the braid" at this point my fish comes undone! I say a few cuss words and help john with his fish! Grabed the camera and take a couple of shots, the next 5 minutes were the best of the whole night!

John is figthing this fish and he feels solid weight, couple shorts runds and most of the trip up was solid dead weight. We are both staring at the line where the fish is coming from and about 15 feet down we see this behemouth of a halibut coming up slowly! HOLY Mother F*****! John says, I grab the gaff and I'm shaking like a little girl, this thing comes up and I knew I had one shot at it, so I swung from underneath and perfectly gaffed a solid fish right behind the gills. I pulled it over and it was heavy and thick! As soon at that thing hit the deck we literally celebrated like little school girls!

Check this dinosaur out!

50 lbs 6oz on the Certified Scale!
48" Long.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15 lb. carcass!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by wiseguy on Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

That is f!€ken awesome bro. That thing makes up for your other lost fish.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

HOLLY COW that is a monster to say the least, great work man that is so cool. And the Western Outdoor News also that is amazing salute

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome man thats a huge hali !!!! wtg Thumbs Up I saw a pic yesterday an man I was shocked then an cin all the other pics holy moly!!!! Wtg again man especially mag coverage Thumbs Up way cool!!! Great report man....

Last edited by Tubinferbass on Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I love how he keeps bringing bigger coolers and every time, the damn fish won't fit in the cooler!

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think we have to step our game up Jimmy. This makes us look like baby killers on our avatars lol!

7Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:59 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wow nice fish. I wanted to go out last weekend, but my buddies boat died so had to call off the trip.

8Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:39 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hahaha that is just so awesome!!! Congrats again, John! Let's go feeshing soon,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That is one fine looking fish, congratulations and thanks for the post.

10Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:55 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very sick !!!!!

11Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:12 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That is a barn door for sure! Congratulations on a very special fish.

12Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My son saw this pic on BD Outdoors top page.

He says, "Hey, that looks like Mr. John"
me, "yes, it is!"
him, "did he catch it on the float tube that day?"
me, "no, on a boat"
him, "that looks legal"
me, "yep.. WAAAAY legal!"
him, "yep, lots of fish tacos!"

lol!

Congrats Basskicker!

13Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:15 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

nice fish!!!did you catch that on a charter?

14Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

aj7798 wrote:nice fish!!!did you catch that on a charter?

haha yup,.. Twisted Evil

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

15Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:06 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

holy shiza thats huge i wanna get one that big haha wtg on the catch must have put up a nice fight

16Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:16 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dude that is awesome!!!! salute [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:49 pm

basskicker

basskicker
FTFF Gathering Officer

thanks for all the comments guys trust me these tacos are delicous all trhiry five puonds of meat off of it Ha!

18Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dont thank us. save us tacos!!!!

19Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:14 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hahahahahaha!

20Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:24 pm

basskicker

basskicker
FTFF Gathering Officer

aj7798 wrote:nice fish!!!did you catch that on a charter?
no not on a charter on my personal boat felt that much better

21Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So when is your addition of the western outdoor news going to be out.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

22Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:39 pm

basskicker

basskicker
FTFF Gathering Officer

all the pics got sent in to them with our info so its in there hands no hopefully bringin brandon a nice hot large pizza to the spot helps a bit ha

jeffcpr"]So when is your addition of the western outdoor news going to be out.[/quote]

23Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Empty Re: Monster Halibut caught by Basskicker! Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:48 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That ja a Hali of a fish good job

http://bassinthehood.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum