FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris Bluegill and Redear

+4
waterdog
Kelster
Tubinferbass
Komori Jeff
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Perris Bluegill and Redear Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well I went out solo this morning at 6:00 at the old Bernasconi Road launch. Kicked north to the "two Palms" area and started catching good fish right away. I left the bass rods at home and planned on just having fun with the big Bluegills and Redears with my 2 lb test outfits. Those big Redears can really bend your rod. You really need to have a good smooth drag on your reel for these guys, or your line will break. Also, you had to be in at least 12 FOW or else you would get strands of grass on your lure. The water is warm, no waders are needed. I fished until 10 AM and must have caught about 25 BGs and REs. All released. Fun morning.
Couple pics:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:40 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome post an pics man!!!! Them some nice gills Thumbs Up How was the water on that side calm ?

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

3Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great looking fish. Yep they will give you a run for your money on UL.

4Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Water was awesome. Glassy and warm. And just a few other boaters. Would have been much better if I had some company, but since I'm off on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, I always fish on Fridays because there are way less people. (plus the wife has me doing "honey-dos" and family stuff on Saturdays & Sundays anyway)

5Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:14 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well let me know if you go out next friday I might b able to join you!!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

6Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:14 pm

waterdog

FTFF Gathering Officer

Those are some healthy panfish! I've caught em on 6 inch robos & decent size trout lures like 1/4 oz spinners n spoons. nice.

7Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty re:Perris Bluegill and Redear Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:12 pm

blues4bill

blues4bill
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Nice looking gills there guy! I agree
that they put up a mean fight per once
of fish. Sort of like mini smallmouth
bass! And when you break out the ultralight gear they'll bend your pole in half! Now that is FUN!! We have some ponds out here in the midwest where the landowners beg you to keep them or throw them on the bank so I end up eating them occasionally. Once you get the knack of filleting them you can get two nice "fish stick" slabs off each fish and they taste awesome. I've got it down to about a minute and a half per fish but I have friends that can fillet one a minute. Our limit is 25 here for gills so if you limit out that means about a half hour to 45 minutes work but well worth the effort.Thanks for the pictures and report! If anyone wants to learn how to fillet them there are some great videos on Utube that explain it in detail. I'm normally a Catch and Release finatic but sometimes a pond has to be "managed" to keep it healthy!

8Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice, wish we had better pan fish action out my way.

9Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:35 pm

Squidy

Squidy
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

nice what kind of jigs or lure you useeed ?

10Perris Bluegill and Redear Empty Re: Perris Bluegill and Redear Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:09 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice bg & re's,hope I can get out there for next months gathering!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum