FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bighorn Classic FT

+5
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
Docrunner
ed5000x
motorazr
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

motorazr wrote:Yes Ed, Shuyler at CB was extremely helpful but unfortunately postage was a killer, more than the unit purchase price. You guys are extremely lucky in that some goods are extremely cheap in your country but due to the size and weight of some items it is prohibitive to get them shipped overseas. I still cannot fathom though, in this instance why some retailers in the states can get an item shipped for $63.00 and others it costs $363.00.
Overall though I ended up getting the cumberland shipped from Fullerton CA for an all up price of about $260.00, more than happy. Very Happy
The best place to by from I have found (cheapest in postage) is California and Florida.

I have noted on some pics of the Cumberland a fish finder with a straight tube and I think the transducer at the bottom what model is it? or is it a modded finder?

All I need now is a pair of fins.......and a big fat trout.
(and a rod,and bait,and a fishkeeper,and a pdf,and a pair of waders, and a tackle box full of gear, and a decent rod, and a reel........good thing Fathers Day is around the corner)

Congrats on the Cumberland. I'll post pics of mine later, and my PVC frame for rod holders and fish finder.

It sounds like you are describing the Hummingbird Fishing Buddy Fishfinder. It's nice because it is portable, so you do not need a separate battery, cables, and a transducer. It's all 1 unit, that runs on four AA batteries. Pretty good reviews, and probably the ff of choice for most float tubers.

I hear you about international shipping. It's all weird. I got 2 fairly small plastic items from Hong Kong. They were articulating plastic arms for my GoPro cameras. Cost just $5 to ship, and I got them in 4 days! Random.

You should have planned a Father's Day fishing/vacation trip to Southern California and done your shopping here.. and just pack it in your luggage for the trip home! Thumbs Up

Looking forward to your first report of many.

27Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dam from Fullerton Ca. that is just right next door to me. If you need me to pick it up just let me know, I can even take out for a test ride if you like lol!

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

28Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks Jeff but it will be getting all the use it needs here in oz. Very Happy

29Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:36 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Just trying to help, lol! I am sure you will get plenty of use from it.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

30Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:17 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

motorazr wrote:Thanks Jeff but it will be getting all the use it needs here in oz. Very Happy

Motorazr do you plan on fishing fresh or salt down there? I know you guys have alot of BIG fish and poisionous critters down there...just be safe! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looking forward to lots of pictures and reports.

31Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Big horn FT Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:04 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I plan on fishing a few nice quiet lakes and a few reservoirs in Western Victoria such as Konongwootong Reservoir and Lake Bolac, Lake Fyans to name a few. Here in South Australia the freshwater fishing is limited pretty much to shallow streams and small holes or private dams due to our rainfall not being excessive. Victoria, around the Grampian Mountains in Western Victoria has many small lakes, and lately has been getting good rainfalls.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
KoonongWootong Reservoir
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
A dry Lake Bolac a few years ago.

Salt water fishing in SA is pretty good, down south of Adelaide where I live, the Onkaparinga river gives catches of bream, mulloway,salmon trout and whiting.
My avatar shows the Noarlunga Jetty,not far from me.
The white water at the end, is a reef running horizontal to the shoreline, in older days the jetty used to go over the reef into deeper water but a storm destroyed it and it had to be shortened. You cannot fish the last 50 or so meters of the jetty as the reef is protected, but in a blow, it is standing room only as Australian salmon plow up between the reef and shoreline and every man and his dog gets down there. Further afield we have some good grounds with species such as Tuna, very large whiting, nanagai and various shark.
I used to fish every night but now as I have gotten older I like the comforts of home too much, my son has the fishing bug.
I started to take him when he was 3 years old, tying him to the end of a length of rope so he wouldn't fall off the end of a jetty, the other end to my leg in case I fell asleep.
I now have a grandson and somehow I think we may have a few more outings.
Yes you are right about the bities, rule of thumb is, if it moves and you can't see it, run like the showers of s.... and worry about what it was later, and even if you can still see it get far enough away so you can assess the situation. Everything here either wants to bite you or kill you,even the cuddly Koalas(not really LOL). I live near foothills and over the years have seen in my back yard redback spiders, small scorpions, very large centipedes and brown snakes,(even the odd Koala up the gumtrees)all of which pack a nasty punch, in particular the brown snake which thankfully, one doesn't see to often but it has a nasty temperment and has been known to chase people if you get on its wrong side.
One just needs to be carefull, like most places, you get used to the place you live in.

Last edited by motorazr on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:39 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)

32Bighorn Classic FT - Page 2 Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:47 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] someday I hope to be able to visit your beautiful part of the world. I have alway wanted to take a trip there but the wife doesn't like to fly. Maybe I will just have to make the trip on my own.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum