FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:32 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by SP Dan Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bighorn Classic FT

+5
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
Docrunner
ed5000x
motorazr
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bighorn Classic FT Empty Bighorn Classic FT Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:23 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Can anyone tell me the capacity rating of the Bighorn Float Tube? I have found differing capacities on various websites, there appears to be a reddish coloured one which shows a capacity of 300lbs and an orange coloured one with 350lbs.
Is the reddish one a later model? with less capacity?

2Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:30 am

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have a long, short list of possible float tubes that I am considering as well as the Bighorn, any comments on the better ones from this list, pros,cons?
Caddis navigator 6
Caddis Navigator 2
Cumberland
Ponderay frameless
Waterskeeter Daytripper
Togiak.

3Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 am

Go with the Cumberland. 350lb rating and very good tube. I don't know much about the other tubes you listed

4Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

350 capacity on both tubes i own them both oth are great if your a big guy wither tube will work but i would go Cumberland just cause it holds you higher out of the water and i also seen another tube in action this weekend its also a classic accessories i forgot the name but here a picture
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mad

5Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:10 am

That's a cool looking tube there Ed. I have seen something like that on website, want to say it was outcast tubes that had one like that

6Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Poneray it is also sold by cover banaza for $319

7Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:24 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:That's a cool looking tube there Ed. I have seen something like that on website, want to say it was outcast tubes that had one like that

study I think that's a Ponderay.. frameless pontoon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hmm... scratch

8Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:29 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Docrunner wrote:
miller wrote:That's a cool looking tube there Ed. I have seen something like that on website, want to say it was outcast tubes that had one like that

hmm... scratch

Doc is right that is the Ponderay by classic Accessories very nice looking but pricy. I through my vote in for the Cumberland. Good price and just a great all around deal. I don't think anyone could go wrong with the Cumberland. Just my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:32 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
Docrunner wrote:

hmm... scratch

Doc is right that is the Ponderay by classic Accessories very nice looking but pricy. I through my vote in for the Cumberland. Good price and just a great all around deal. I don't think anyone could go wrong with the Cumberland. Just my 2 cents.

yes, but it has oars! and no frame! I wonder how compact it folds down to?? It looks like it has the big block-y foam seat like the Cumberland. I have to admit.. the Caddis I got my son compacts down so nicely when it's fully deflated. Kinda nice.

It is pricey, but $319.95 at CoverBonanza is a nice deal! Free Ship, No tax, and $5 less than Amazon.com.
( too bad my wife will divorce me if I buy more fishing stuff! Evil or Very Mad )

10Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:48 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Docrunner wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:
Docrunner wrote:

hmm... scratch

yes, but it has oars! and no frame! I wonder how compact it folds down to?? It looks like it has the big block-y foam seat like the Cumberland. I have to admit.. the Caddis I got my son compacts down so nicely when it's fully deflated. Kinda nice.

It is pricey, but $319.95 at CoverBonanza is a nice deal! Free Ship, No tax, and $5 less than Amazon.com.
( too bad my wife will divorce me if I buy more fishing stuff! Evil or Very Mad )

Hey you forgot the %15 discount our members get from CB. Just tell your wife all the money you will be saving with our discount Red Smile

11Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:59 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:350 capacity on both tubes i own them both oth are great if your a big guy wither tube will work but i would go Cumberland just cause it holds you higher out of the water and i also seen another tube in action this weekend its also a classic accessories i forgot the name but here a picture
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Mad
Thats not a float tube, thats a dinghy!!! Razz

12Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:28 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok I have been tubin for a long long time. I have had many tubes, some good and some really bad.

I use to swear by Caddis float tubes until I bougth my last Navigator II. I have had to have the new tube replaced twice because of cheap materials used to make it.

I am in the market for a new tube again and I am going to get the cumberland.

Save your $$$ and time and stay away from caddis...ask the guys here. Some of them were there when my first new nav tube exploded!

13Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:19 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sonarbp wrote:Ok I have been tubin for a long long time. I have had many tubes, some good and some really bad.

I use to swear by Caddis float tubes until I bougth my last Navigator II. I have had to have the new tube replaced twice because of cheap materials used to make it.

Save your $$$ and time and stay away from caddis...ask the guys here. Some of them were there when my first new nav tube exploded!

I've had nothing but problems with my Caddis in the past too. I was there when your tube blew! Check this out...my new Caddis waders leak in the seat! I am done with them for sure. Rolling Eyes

14Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:26 pm

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:I've had nothing but problems with my Caddis in the past too. I was there when your tube blew! Check this out...my new Caddis waders leak in the seat! I am done with them for sure. Rolling Eyes

My new caddis waders tore on one leg, but no leaks as of yet. It is real sad how Caddis has gone down hill fast. They use to be the best, but now after they move manufacturing to China it is all garbage!

15Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
sonarbp wrote:Ok I have been tubin for a long long time. I have had many tubes, some good and some really bad.

I've had nothing but problems with my Caddis in the past too. I was there when your tube blew! Check this out...my new Caddis waders leak in the seat! I am done with them for sure. Rolling Eyes

yeah, I was right there when it exploded.. and that was my first time ever out tubing! I thought you guys were pranking me. affraid

Anyways, I just got the cheap-o Caddis Sports Nevada tube for my son, and it seems like it's been good so far. Got good reviews, and I know some guys here have had good experiences with it. On the other hand, my son is like only 60lbs.

16Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:07 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for the input guys, I had been leaning towards the Ponderay but after seeing the pics supplied by ED5000x of it It is more like an inflatable dinghy than a tube.
I can get the Cumberland including shipping to OZ for about $256.00, cheapest I have found so far on ebay. Shipping is a killer as I have had quotes ranging from $58.00 using USPS to $300-$400 using UPS.
Will keep looking but I don't think an ebay purchase is too far away. Any one got some good closeup pics of the Cumberland?

17Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:48 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That sounds like a great price, even with shipping, you will be very happy with the Cumberland. There are some good shots of the cumberland here I am sure some will post up some pic's for you are search through the site some more they are in here. study

18Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:59 pm

Watertooner

Watertooner
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Another design factor that would steer me away from a Ponderay if I was replacing my toon is the way the bladders lay flat on the water. My experience and reading suggests the "rocker" design moves through the water better than the "flat" design.

19Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:55 pm

webrx

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have fished a u-boat and a cumberland, and the rocker design on the cumberland rocks!

kicking the u-boat (similar shape to the ponderay in front) was ok, and I caught a lot of fish, but, my buddy in his fishcat used to do circles around me kicking, with the cumberland, that does not happen anymore, it is also much nicer kicking into the wind than the u-boat round front design.

all my fishing buddies now own cumberlands, they have gone to the cumberland from u-boats, navigators, and fishcats. The fly guys at the local cabelas all own cumberlands, and nobody is complaining about anything except the difficulty in getting it to back pack easily. There are a few posts on here about how to do that, but, it would still have been nice if they had designed it to pack better or from the bottom.

d

20Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:13 am

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

OK guys you talked me into it, I just ordered a cumberland float tube on ebay.Hopefully it will get here in one piece. Now to trawl the site for some mods and how to's on building a rod holder.

21Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 am

Congrats buddy, I think you will be very happy with it. I don't own a cumberland but if I didn't get the deal that I did on my tube that's the one I would have went with.

22Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:56 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

motorazr wrote:OK guys you talked me into it, I just ordered a cumberland float tube on ebay.Hopefully it will get here in one piece. Now to trawl the site for some mods and how to's on building a rod holder.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

23Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:01 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cover banaza is less than 200 dollars on our site

24Bighorn Classic FT Empty Re: Bighorn Classic FT Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:13 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

ed5000x wrote:Cover banaza is less than 200 dollars on our site

I talk to CB and motorazr and the shipping was way to much, but he got a good deal it looks like on ebay. CB wanted to work it out just could not get past shipping cost.

25Bighorn Classic FT Empty bighorn classic ft Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:57 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yes Ed, Shuyler at CB was extremely helpful but unfortunately postage was a killer, more than the unit purchase price. You guys are extremely lucky in that some goods are extremely cheap in your country but due to the size and weight of some items it is prohibitive to get them shipped overseas. I still cannot fathom though, in this instance why some retailers in the states can get an item shipped for $63.00 and others it costs $363.00.
Overall though I ended up getting the cumberland shipped from Fullerton CA for an all up price of about $260.00, more than happy. Very Happy
The best place to by from I have found (cheapest in postage) is California and Florida.

I have noted on some pics of the Cumberland a fish finder with a straight tube and I think the transducer at the bottom what model is it? or is it a modded finder?

All I need now is a pair of fins.......and a big fat trout.
(and a rod,and bait,and a fishkeeper,and a pdf,and a pair of waders, and a tackle box full of gear, and a decent rod, and a reel........good thing Fathers Day is around the corner)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum