FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Irvine Lake boat capsized

+7
bassfishing24/7
Fisher
thisfool
bodfish
Vagabond
Lok Dog
Devil Dog
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Irvine Lake boat capsized Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:36 am

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

4 guys were night fishing last night boat capsized 2 of them swam to shore the other two are still to be located

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We can only hope for the best but more than likely the other two drowned, prayers go out to the families of all involved.

2Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:46 am

man that sucks.

3Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:13 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Catfish is not worth it, if it was a rental boat shouldn't there be PFDs on it?

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

4Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:48 am

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I can't say if it was a rental or not, of course if it is then yes there has to be one for each person, question is do they wear them? probably not. I'm getting conflicting information from another site, first one said it was an inflatable and on same site another says it was a fiberglass boat. Either way pics from the OC paper the article is in, (I'm assuming here) it looks like the two who made it weren't wearing PFD's or would even think of wearing one (just my 2 cents ya know).

5Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:26 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Unfortunate =/. I've fished that lake a few times on rentals and some times they give you enough PFD's for the amount of people on your boat but usually they only require children/minors to wear them while on board... adults are free to do as they please.

6Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:13 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Another tragedy on the water here in SoCal. No matter what the circumstances, a tragedy just the same. I know as the details make themselves apparent, there will be a lot of " what the ,...? why did they,...? they shouldn't have been,... what were they?,... etc., etc., No matter what, we should all just be aware that the most innocent of situations on the water can have the most deadly results. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!!!!!

bodfish

bodfish

7Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:24 pm

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

it was not a rental.

it was four grown men in a two person boat.

they had no pfd on board

alcohol was involved

also they did not pay to launch there boat they sneaked in and launched there boat in the back of the flats.

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

8Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dam that sucks

9Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Devil Dog

Devil Dog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

thisfool wrote:it was not a rental.
they had no pfd on board
alcohol was involved
also they did not pay to launch there boat they sneaked in and launched there boat in the back of the flats.
oh heck I didn't know that but I did call the office when I saw a few guys launching from the flats as well, 3 in the boat one was small kid the other was a teen, once they got out of casting range the kids both took off the pfd's, the adult was doing some stupid stuff which could have resulted in them flipping over. Not sure what the lake staff did once they got to them.

10Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:24 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Devil Dog wrote:
they had no pfd on board
alcohol was involved
oh heck I didn't know that but I did call the office when I saw a few guys launching from the flats as well, 3 in the boat one was small kid the other was a teen, once they got out of casting range the kids both took off the pfd's, the adult was doing some stupid stuff which could have resulted in them flipping over. Not sure what the lake staff did once they got to them.
That is a sad story but if u dont use commom sense,u pay the price for ur mistakes.it may sound bad but its the truth!

11Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:42 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The part that is even worst is that "common sense" isn't so common anymore...

12Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:31 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bassfishing24/7 wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:
they had no pfd on board
alcohol was involved
That is a sad story but if u dont use commom sense,u pay the price for ur mistakes.it may sound bad but its the truth!

x2!

13Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:46 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sad story, it looks like the significant other of one of the victims was pregnant, so sad.

14Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:17 pm

From all the info I have heard on this it sound like lot of foul play to me and few people that I have talked to about this few days after it had happen said the same thing

15Irvine Lake boat capsized Empty Re: Irvine Lake boat capsized Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:26 pm

franklyn562

franklyn562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:Sad story, it looks like the significant other of one of the victims was pregnant, so sad.

yeah she does theres gonna be no father Sad

https://www.facebook.com/franklynle

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum