FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Most of the guys in here are from Cali. right?

+7
ed5000x
kg562
jeffcpr
Docrunner
.:LOLLY:.
Fisher
choppywaters
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

choppywaters

FTFF Gathering Officer

I just watched a video of someone in here fishing some bay in Cali. and I was thinking, aren't you afraid of sharks? Watching my favorite movie (Jaws) just got me thinking,lol

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

my thoughts on that is theres ppl swiming at the beach and the beach is more open water then the bays but dont get me wrong im sure theres sharks in those bay just i dont think they would do anything im more scared of a seal

There are no sharks here in so cal that we need to be afraid of.

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ya sep for those great whites there spottin in san diegio lol!

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes and no LOL

I would crap my pants if I did see one or if I heard of someone getting attacked by one. So far they seem to only go for kayaks. lol!

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hahah

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

choppywaters wrote:I just watched a video of someone in here fishing some bay in Cali. and I was thinking, aren't you afraid of sharks? Watching my favorite movie (Jaws) just got me thinking,lol

I was float tubing Dana Point with the guys here, and with my 8-year old son. He asked me what happens if we get a bloody nose? I asked him what he was worried about? He says, "Sharks".. I have to admit.. it got me thinking a bit. affraid

There's another post here about fishing LBC White Island. That seems much more like open ocean, and I'd probably worry about it a bit more there. When I do that island, I'll probably bring a knife, a collapsible oar I have (so I can pull up my feet!), and maybe even a small drill trolling motor like Ed5000x made!

But I'll still do it!! Rambo Rambo Rambo Rambo

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I was worried the first few times and when I go out it is alway a though in my head. But like miller said we don't have any aroud here that are a concern for us truly. You never know what is out there but I feel odds are we are safe more often then not.
Seals are my bigger concern along with sting rays in the hook. Its just a big current filled lake, come on out and try it you will be hooked.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I never thought about a big shark coming to attack me. unless theres major blood leaking then i would push away from that spot. I was always worried about the seals. they came about 3 feet from me before and it scared the hell out of me. he went back down and came back up with an octopus and ate it then disappeared. but i guess seals wont bother unless you have a stringer with fishes. thats why its good to have a bucket of some sort to keep them fresh if your keeping fishes

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have not yet seen a shark but i would just be careful and just kick away and thats way i dont take my fish finder cause it picks up big object and beeps and then i am looking around and can not fish i am worried about what is under me lol

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:I have not yet seen a shark but i would just be careful and just kick away and thats way i dont take my fish finder cause it picks up big object and beeps and then i am looking around and can not fish i am worried about what is under me lol

lol yeah a 3' by 10' mark on your fish finder is never a good thing while in a tube. Sharks and seals the two main reasons I won't tube the salt in anything inflatable. Eastern Sierras and local lakes I break out the fishcat and bighorn now worries.

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ive came pretty close to some huge sea lions,but its still a pretty scarey thought to have one pop up next to me out of the blue,as for sharks im not really concerned unless theres a blood spill.theres some species like smoothhound which im sure are harmless.

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Every time I tube at night for some reason I think about that jaws theme song but then I get into some really good spottie action and I forget about every thing else Very Happy

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No worries in the salt, even out in the open ocean. JFYI there have been Great Whites spotted by the Manhattan Beach pier.. Red Smile

Seals usually don't bother you, more often than not, they are more skeered of you, then you are of them, unless it's a big ole bull male.. green happy

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:
ed5000x wrote:I have not yet seen a shark but i would just be careful and just kick away and thats way i dont take my fish finder cause it picks up big object and beeps and then i am looking around and can not fish i am worried about what is under me lol

lol yeah a 3' by 10' mark on your fish finder is never a good thing while in a tube. Sharks and seals the two main reasons I won't tube the salt in anything inflatable. Eastern Sierras and local lakes I break out the fishcat and bighorn now worries.

What is the capacity of your kick boat i really like that thing

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:

this one isn't inflatable either.. didn't seem to help his situation!? lol!

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:
What is the capacity of your kick boat i really like that thing

275 Pounds total but they don't make that one any more, Fishslayer and I got them on clearance from Sportsman's Guide a couple years ago for like $70-80.

They have a dura pro 4.5 at the bottom of the page that is similar to mine but the pontoons are now inflatable. Only hard shell toons they have now are the first two.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lol Jay, honestly something that size comes at me it won't matter what I am in unless it's the Queen Marry I'm getting owned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum