FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Today at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Today at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 3:36 pm

» Motor project finished!
by GT Today at 3:03 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

back support -cumberland FT

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1back support -cumberland FT Empty back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Het guys, on my last trip away I had a few problems due to my size, with the back seat rest of the Cumberland FT. Although the strapping on the back of the seat adjusts the angle of the seat, I felt as though the top section was folding back causing me to lean further and further back as time went on.
I don't think the straps were slipping, but as the foam in the back of the seat warmed it became less stiff.
To remedy this I have thought I might try either placing a bucket in the rear mesh tray or cutting a piece of thin ply and placing it into the back of the seat behind the foam.
Any suggestions?

2back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:54 pm

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Those are actually the exact same ideas that popped into my head as I was reading through your post.

The laziest fix would be to put the bucket behind the seat and it would also double over as a storage compartment. The down side would be that you have to keep track of that bucket every time you go out.

The plywood within the back rest seems like it would be the most stable support throughout your entire back. The only thing I would worry about is the wood creating mold or something.

3back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:58 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeh, I thought maybe some sea ply and laquer it to seal it.

4back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That sounds like it'll work.

Now if there was only a way to make that seat a tad bit more comfortable. Hard foam takes it's toll on the cheeks after a while. lol!

5back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:31 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thought of an alternate product. I will source a piece of 4.5mm perspex cut to size and bend it slightly to the shape of my back.
No mould and probably can be left there. Sounds like you need one of those blow up ring cushions Lolly....you know the type mothers use after they give birth LOL lol!

6back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

sorry haven't had any kids yet...

7back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:51 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

lol!

8back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:36 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I had the same thoughts, I wanted to put a thin piece of wood but i know it would last long. If you think of something share it! Smile Im interested and would like to know. My seats were stiff at one point but now they are almost folded lol!

9back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:06 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Went and purchased a piece of 6.5mm HDPE cut to size for AU$35.00, brought it home and rounded the edges with a hack saw and plane and used a heat gun to put a slight curve in it. Thinking I might use a hole saw to drill a few 1 inch holes to lighten it a bit. Don't know how this will effect the strength of it overall. Will try the piece out before I start drilling.
6.5mm fits in the back of the seat sleeve no problems. Room to go thicker if need be at a pinch you could put 12mm in and cut into the foam to make space. I thought the 4.5mm HDPE was stiff enough but went thicker cos I'm no fairy light weight.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice work, really clean!

11back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:24 pm

motorazr

motorazr
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Had a quote for a piece of marine ply 6mm for AU $20.00 cut to size but by the time you sand, laquer and install plus upkeep/maintenace the HDPE is set and forget.

12back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice, looks like a really good idea!

13back support -cumberland FT Empty Re: back support -cumberland FT Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:55 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

sweet!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum