FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Today at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Today at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Gathering of the FTFF guys.

+9
flyfishingfool
waxon67
fever
Trial and Error
CPT Kirk
ed5000x
smith's handpoured baits
Monster
jeffcpr
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:04 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Despite the cold weather and, heavy rain through the night we braved the elements and got out on the waters of Santa Fe Damn for our first forum gathering. Today ended up being a pretty nice day, I think the cold weather made it tough fishing but, there were a few caught after all.
We all meet up between 6:30 - 7:30 and were out on the water by no later than 8:30am. We had to weight for the small yellow rope to drop to allow us on the water (waiting for the life guard ZZZZZZZ ).

Dano67 was the first out and the last in ( Dan is the Man) Wax had a blow out before it all began I will leave that to him to explain affraid, ed5000x is no hooked on float tubing as he did great on his first trip out and he brought his friend who will be joining our site soon I am sure. FFF was not feeling well so he stayed to shore with Trial and Error how decided to keep him company. CPTKirk was a late show but showed us how it was done. And the Fishermen of the day was lagunaCOCONUT with to legal LMB's for the day one weighing .13 oz. and the second one 1.1 lbs. So congrats to LC for taking home the Smith's Handpoured Baits Prize and a gift from CPTkirk complements of Bass In The Hood.
It was great meeting all the new guys and seeing all the other guys. I would like to say one more time thanks guys for joining the forum and thanks for being involved and helping me grow this site. It would not be what it was today with out you guys and Smith Handpoured Baits thanks everyone. Thumbs Up

Pictures enjoy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please guys add your comments and other pictures if you have some see you guys again soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Looks like you guys had fun, I made the mistake of assuming from the weather last night today was gunna be worse. Sorry I didn't show but next trip I'm there. Congrats to laguna for winning the friendly contest

smith's handpoured baits

smith's handpoured baits
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

sounds like fun was had by all!
(most?)
(somebody?)
congrats to the laguna cocoanut! cheers

http://www.smithshandpouredbaits.com

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Had A GOOD TIME THANKS EVERYONE I WILL KEEP ON TUBE I HAD A BLAST I WOULD HAVE PASTED OUT IF I CAUGHT SOMETHING SO AM GLAD I GOT TO FLOAT AROUND AND CAST AND TIE UP DIFFERENT LINE AND TO GET A FEEL FOR IT
THANK AGAIN JEFF
AND THANKS TO TOM FOR GET ME IN TO IT Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
P.S.
SORRY FOR YOUR TUBE BUDDY

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Congrats to LagunaCoconut and all the participants I had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting everyone. I did a small write up on my log [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://bassinthehood.com

Trial and Error

Trial and Error
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Had a good time meeting you all cant wait until the next event. Next time im hoping to launch my tube and not babysit FFF on the shoreline green happy

Fishing was tough for the shore guys today. Only managed one hit myself and that was on the watermelon Ika. Fished the Rat L Trap and drop shot mm roboworm for nada.

Figured finding grass was going to be key to getting bit but my efforts to locate some ended up fruitless.

Noticed the two guys who did the best (LC and CptKirk) both had fish finders and were able to key in on the grass and get bites. Having a fish finder really seemed to pay off today.

Over all had a fun time but cant wait until next the next event so I can hit the water in my tube.

Nice meeting you all, congrats to LC for taking home the bragging rights.

Hey guys! First I want to thank Jeff for an awesome get-together! The day was just perfect! Okay it was a bit cold but none can complain! We all were on the seat of our pants wondering what the weather was going to do... 4am on Saturday morning, it was raining buckets. Snow level about 1000'! Snowed in La Canada Flintridge! I think many of us had a sleepless night from the excitement of our first gathering! 6am rolls around and I load up. As I am driving towards the lake, the promise clearing skies was up ahead. I was excited and hoped for the best! Arriving at the lake, I was filled with anticipation. More excited to meet all the guys that we have been sharing posts, fish stories and just nonsense with here on FTFF. It is so nice to meet the guys! What a great bunch of guys to hang out with and swap stories and just enjoy a Saturday on the lake. As we prepped for launch the skies cleared even more and we were greeted with one FULL morning of fishing with NO rain! It was brisk and the winds did come up from time to time, but no rain! We fished and just had an awesome day on the water! Conditions were not the best as the front did come in the night before. I fished 2 different baits at the get go and the bass wanted nothing to do with a Texas Rigged worm... I switched up to a skirted grub and none wanted any of that either. Finally settled on my go to. Split Shotting. I ended up with 2 bass. One 12" and the other just over 13". Both caught on almost not moving a split shot Margherita Mutilator 4" Straight Tail. Winds really came up about noon.. we finished up the day with some fun fellowship with hot dogs and good Fishy conversation! All in all it was a wonderful day! Thank you to all who made this possible! Big Thanks to: Jeff, Smiths Handpoured Baits, and Bass in the Hood for the winning goodies! I and many of us look forward to our next trip!

*I have a bunch of photos that I am uploading now. I also just finished editing the short video I compiled today. I did the best I could with the limited footage. The video will be up very soon! Still have to upload to youtube. Thanks guys!

LC

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good job Laguna,wish I could of made it. Looking forward to the pics!

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would like to say it was a pleasure to meet you all today. You are a fine bunch of gentlemen and I would be honored to fish with you anytime. I would like to thank you all for the sharing of ideas, tips and tricks and making today one to remember. Thank you to Jeff for bailing my ass out on a spare tube - could I have lucked out any better? Dano, you grill a fine dog and tie a fine fly. LC congrats to you and I would like to talk to you more about the battery set up for the fish finder its got me intrigued. Capt. Kirk, I really dig those worms you made and I appreciate you sharing that with us. Trial and error, I hope to see that water skeeter next time. Rudy, hope you feel better and next time you'll be floating with us. Ed, thanks for the ride, dinner and offering up your brand new shiny tube to me when I was in need. To those that couldn't be there I hope to see you on the next rendezvous. Tight lines!! Thumbs Up

10The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 am

Here is the video! I am still working on the best camera angles and learning as I go! Hope you enjoy the video!

11The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:06 am

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

LC I love the video you did a great job. I have to get one of those cameras.

http://bassinthehood.com

12The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:14 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks LC that was a great job man you got some skills bro in camera work and fishing thanks alot.

13The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man A Great Video Bro I am Glad You Showed Up Cause I Was So Excited I did Take A single Picture
Thank You Very Much For The Video Sharing
Ed Very Happy Thumbs Up sunny

14The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:12 am

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

great video, you definatly have skills, fishing and video!

15The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Had a good time meeting with all you, and I wish I could have joined you but I just couldn't risk my health and missing another day of work.

And wow, it must have been freezing with the wind blowing across the water. It was blowing really cold on the shoreline. affraid

Oh and congrats to LC for pulling out that tourney taking 1.1 ? scratch Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

16The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:41 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Few pics...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Some slideshow pics...

Last edited by flyfishingfool on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

17The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 am

Trial and Error

Trial and Error
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Damn great vid LC, thanks for that. Smile

18The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome bro you do us honor with that one! cheers

19The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:27 am

Dano67

Dano67

I had a great time yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Funniest part was that none of you noticed the spandex Smile LC, Congrats on winning the prize and for the great video!! See everyone next week in the SALT!!!!! Cant wait green happy

20The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Thanks for all the nice words everyone! Sure was a great day! Glad you all enjoy the video! Here are the photos I have from the day! Let's do this again real soon!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

21The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great shots bro thanks for the great work you did here, and you still managed to to fish catch and win everything.

22The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:08 pm

CanadianTubeFisher

CanadianTubeFisher
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Looks like you all had a great time! As for the video, it is one of the best on you tube for sure, I wish I was with you on that trip. I would like to see your camera rig! Very Happy Great job keep them coming. Thumbs Up

23The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:07 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Yeah, I want to see the camera rig as well.

24The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:49 pm

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Very nice video and looks like you guys had a great time! It's always so cool when you can get a group of people together to just have a good time. Hope one of these days I can join ya'll!

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

25The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Empty Re: The First Gathering of the FTFF guys. Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

samuraiti wrote:Very nice video and looks like you guys had a great time! It's always so cool when you can get a group of people together to just have a good time. Hope one of these days I can join ya'll!

Todd

Hey hope you can make it out with us one day we are going to have a session I think it was this Saturday in Newport, and there will be another gathering in Newport coming up soon with some free shwag always nice right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum