FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

As I'm gettin older more things are hurting

+4
rusty hook
MenyoG
jeffcpr
fishntoss
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I seem to be having a problem with arthritis in my right side hip area. Anyone else have similiar problem and what kind of things help?? I've had one shot of cortizone so far. Really want to stay away from shots if at all possible.. Thanx for any suggestions..

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Excerise movement keep thoughs joints moving sounds like more float tubing will help. Dont we all wish sorry you have the pain you do good luck with finding something to treat it.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

MenyoG

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hey Fishntoss,

I am right there with you. 50 coming up at the end of this month and things are hurting.

All of my issues seem to be isolated to the left side. Left shoulder, bicep, thumb joint and hip.

Had cortizone between muscles in shoulder with no relief. MRIs are clean. Had cortizone in hip and shoulder joints under x-ray for precise delivery with no relief.

Been prescribed etodolac sp? to see if it provided relief and it has not.

My only solution has been alcohol therapy. God works in misteryous ways.

Manuel

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I am 66 years old with a very bad back. Each morning I would have to hold on to the wall to make it to the bathroom to take an hour hot bath just to be able get through the day. I found that on my medical insurance they would pay for a membership at a gym. Paid for a personal trainer and 4 months now with out much pain and I am able to get back to playing golf and fishing. Try it, what do you have to lose?

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Diclofenac really helps with arthritis. I know it shounds strange to hear this from a 38 year old, but I have severe arthritis in both of my knees and have had 5 knee surgeries total. I have cadaver tissue in both knees, so I'm now 3 part human Thumbs Up

Per my ortho, it is the best thing for arthritis.

pfflyer

pfflyer
FTFF Gathering Officer

jeffcpr wrote:Excerise movement keep thoughs joints moving sounds like more float tubing will help. Dont we all wish sorry you have the pain you do good luck with finding something to treat it.
This is a wise man!
Get a second opinion and try to figure out the best solution for you!
It will not be comfortable, I know as I am coming back from my most recent replacement surgery. You will get the best results for your condition based on the effort that you put into the maintenance and rehab your condition requires!
Although my issues came from a motorcycle accident at 20 years old, at 54 I have had both hips replaced (left redone twice) and both knees this last May, I will tell you rehab = work and lots of it!
Get out and move! or "Move it or lose it"

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Wow, Thanks for all the responses. I haven't been doin a whole lot in the past three weeks as I have that dang head cold that's goin around and it's just kickin my butt.
I know it isnt exercise, but for work,I do alot of goin up and down ladders and who knows how much walkin I do as I have to pull cable for the alarms I install. Along with all that, there are times I do alot of sitting(driving)to get back and forth to work itself. Sometimes as much as two hours in the morning and at least that going home. I've been so tired and in pain after gettin home the last thing I want to do is exercise. Once I get back on my feet from being sick I will start walkin around the hood after the drive home. Maybe after the long drive home it's what I need.

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm only 43 and already everything hurts all the time Sad

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Cheer up man, You're 56, it will only get worse from here! jocolor Seriously, I had to quit playing softball two years ago because my knee could not take running. As we age we deteriorate, generally. But sometimes we just go through temporary glitches that just take care of themselves. Sometimes we just have to adjust our routine. Since I gave up running bases, my knee is fine. I will not go back to running, however.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum