FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Patching a leaky tube bladder

+5
buckyne
Al_G19
bassfishing24/7
desertstorm28
campbellrus
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Patching a leaky tube bladder Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:44 pm

campbellrus

campbellrus
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey there's something uneasy about noticing the right side of the tube is getting soft and you are leaning to the left in the seat!!Suspect 

I found I have a hole in the bladder due to a hook puncture.  so I ordered type B vinyl patch thru Amazon for around 25 bucks.  Found the leak and applied the patch tonight.  The instruction say 100% strength in 24 hours. I'm keeping my fingers crossed:?:

2Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey I had the same issue about a month ago got out on the water and started sinking haha luckily I brought my pump with me! After examining my tube (fishcat) I found 2 holes and covered them with the adhesive patch that came with it and last time I was out it stayed inflated the whole 5 hours without a leak. I think patch kits for bikes work good too but sounds like you got it taken care of. IMHO I'd bring your pump out with you next time just to be safe.

3Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:36 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I had to patch two leaks on the same bladder on my cumberland not too long ago.i found some cheap patches at sport chalet for $2.99.they actually worked pretty good! I would post the name but i can't remember it....Lol

4Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:25 pm

Al_G19

Al_G19
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have used stuff called tear aid with good results, that said I now always carry a K-pump with me.

5Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:29 pm

buckyne

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have used the slime tire patchs. They work fine for me. Have not had more than pin prick holes though. The kind that are hard to find. If I ever hook into my tube I am not sure that they will do the trick. I still carry a quick patch kit in the trunk of my car though for in the field repairs.

6Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:34 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use Aquaseal, no patches needed. Apply and let it dry overnight and your good to go!

7Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:02 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've had my share of leaky tubes. One puncture caused by a lure has given me issues. The patches that come with the tube are a quick fix but will leak after being soaked once. I was an avid cyclist back in the day and am familiar with bike patches. Went to walmart and bought me a bell bike patch kit. Patched the punctured tube and has held up fine for the past 4 outings with out a leak. They work well. Plus I've made it a habit of carrying a pump just in case. Good luck.

8Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:58 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
Saved my fanny one night with a roll of electrical tape! Always have a roll with me now.

bodfish

PS I carry Gorilla tape as well because it works when wet.

9Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:50 am

campbellrus

campbellrus
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Update!

The Tear Aid - Type "B" vinyl repair tape worked great. I've have the tube out a half a dozen times since applying the patch- no problems.

Good Fishing to all!!

10Patching a leaky tube bladder Empty Re: Patching a leaky tube bladder Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:03 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Check this post out its about glue my buddy has
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum