FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Dano67

Dano67

The day started bright and early with a 4am meeting time in Corona. We arrived at the lake, went thur the stalinistic boat inspection and received my trusty sticker Very Happy once thru the gate we got the boat ready for its maiden voyage into the jewel of California, better known as Diamond Valley Lake. The day was a beautiful 75 degrees with a cloudy start going to an incredible blue sky with a very slight breeze. We started on the West side of the lake as directed, I was using shandy heads with worms and my buddy Mike was throwing skim baits. Did I mentioned that there were about thirty boats on the water. I didn't check the temp but it didn't feel to cold. My new portable fish finder was awesome, showing us fish and structure perfectly!!!!
I have to say that I gained more experience in one day throwing every kind of jig, lure, shakey head, worm, pig, and mackerel chunks. By two pm I gave up on the baitcaster, spinning setup and switched to the FLY!!! 3 Roy's later I landed a nice bass. That was it for the day. My buddy did not even get one bite! I spoke with some people on the lake and all said the same thing, that she was just not giving it up today! Great time anyway and will definitely be back again soon. Picutes to follow!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Dano67 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

2DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Cool report glad you still got out I am looking forward to the pictures.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Great job Dano!! I am so bummed I could not make it out with you guys! Looks like a great day on the water and one bass is better than none! Those worms should have produced! Did you fish for stripers at all? Did you see any Stripers schooling? Nice Bass on the Fly! Let's fish this week sometime! My weekend of the 19 and 20 is a no go for me. I have to work an Expo and do demos. If you can fish during the week, let me know. I'm looking to fish the salt nearshore. Great report and glad ya had fun!

LC

4DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great job Dano!! I am so bummed I could not make it out with you guys! Looks like a great day on the water and one bass is better than none! Those worms should have produced! Did you fish for stripers at all? Did you see any Stripers schooling? Nice Bass on the Fly! Let's fish this week sometime! My weekend of the 19 and 20 is a no go for me. I have to work an Expo and do demos. If you can fish during the week, let me know. I'm looking to fish the salt nearshore. Great report and glad ya had fun!

LC

No stripers or strippers seen! During the week fishing would be good. We could do mv lake for bass if that works or the salt. Call me and we can figure out when.

5DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Dano67

Dano67

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:Great job Dano!! I am so bummed I could not make it out with you guys! Looks like a great day on the water and one bass is better than none! Those worms should have produced! Did you fish for stripers at all? Did you see any Stripers schooling? Nice Bass on the Fly! Let's fish this week sometime! My weekend of the 19 and 20 is a no go for me. I have to work an Expo and do demos. If you can fish during the week, let me know. I'm looking to fish the salt nearshore. Great report and glad ya had fun!

LC

No stripers or strippers seen! During the week fishing would be good. We could do mv lake for bass if that works or the salt. Call me and we can figure out when.

6DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dano67 wrote:The day started bright and early with a 4am meeting time in Corona. We arrived at the lake, went thur the stalinistic boat inspection and received my trusty sticker Very Happy once thru the gate we got the boat ready for its maiden voyage into the jewel of California, better known as Diamond Valley Lake. The day was a beautiful 75 degrees with a cloudy start going to an incredible blue sky with a very slight breeze. We started on the West side of the lake as directed, I was using shandy heads with worms and my buddy Mike was throwing skim baits. Did I mentioned that there were about thirty boats on the water. I didn't check the temp but it didn't feel to cold. My new portable fish finder was awesome, showing us fish and structure perfectly!!!!
I have to say that I gained more experience in one day throwing every kind of jig, lure, shakey head, worm, pig, and mackerel chunks. By two pm I gave up on the baitcaster, spinning setup and switched to the FLY!!! 3 Roy's later I landed a nice bass. That was it for the day. My buddy did not even get one bite! I spoke with some people on the lake and all said the same thing, that she was just not giving it up today! Great time anyway and will definitely be back again soon. Picutes to follow!!

Nothing like catching something on your own home made fly nice job you looks so proud.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:27 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice Job Bro
Looks Like You Had Alot Of Fun
Thanks For Sharing Nice Pictures Too

8DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That fly is freaking cool! Nuf said. What a Face

9DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 am

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good job Danno, its always good to beat the skunk.

10DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Empty Re: DVL BOAT TRIP 3/12/11 Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:06 am

Dano67

Dano67

Thanks!! The lake was awesome, just need to figure out what they eat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum