FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Pablosparky Today at 10:11 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Pablosparky Today at 9:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New toys on the way

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New toys on the way Empty New toys on the way Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:46 pm

trout bum

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

After trying to decide on what fish finder to get,  I came upon a good deal on a Lowrance Elite 4-x. Also ordered a U2 mount from Wade at Float Tube Fanatics. I think they will do the job. Hopefully I can do my part. Very Happy

2New toys on the way Empty Re: New toys on the way Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Kingfish

Kingfish
FTFF Gathering Officer

Get a Cast Mate… Holds everything… $69

teamfishco.com

http://www.teamfishco.com

3New toys on the way Empty Questions on the Cast Mate Rack System Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:26 pm

fish mastah

FTFF Gathering Officer

That's a neat rack system. Nice Job Smile A few questions if I may?:

1. What about the battery for the fish finder, where would that go?
2. How do you attach different sized & shaped transducers from different Manufacturers? Do you have details on this; like close up pictures or drawings, etc.?
3. Does that system break down so it's more compact for portability? If so how long would it take to put back together for someone who has used it a handful of times?
4. What kind of guarantee or warranty do you have on this product?

Again, well done on the rack system; look forward to your response on these questions.

Oh by the way, how do you buy this product? I looked at your website on your buy now page but there was no shopping cart, etc. to make a transaction.

Kingfish wrote:Get a Cast Mate… Holds everything… $69

teamfishco.com

4New toys on the way Empty Re: New toys on the way Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:51 pm

Kingfish

Kingfish
FTFF Gathering Officer

Great questions … let me tackle the easy ones first…

Your question about the shopping cart lead me to find the cart is down… We are on that as of right now.  The good news is we are on Amazon as well.  You can search 'Cast Mate by Team Fish, Inc.'

#4- The standard warranty is against defects and flaws from Manufacturing.  The rest is one year from date of purchase.  I see that is not posted.  I will get that up too.

#3- The Cast Mate comes fully assembled but an entire assembly, from individual component parts, is less than two minutes.  It folds, fully assembled to measure 2X12X33 inches.  I suppose it could be further disassembled but I have found if I deflate my tube, collapse it using both frames, I'm able to carry it like a suitcase.

#2- We selected this design after considering dozens of makes and models of finders. Granted there are two I found where not much could be done to accommodate them.  However, in fairness they were intended by the manufacturer to be 'hull' mounted.  And frankly in some cases the manufacturers offer a float assembly designed to be use on the transducer negating the use of the lower unit altogether.  This is certainly the case with all self contained, fish finder/GPS combo units made today.

#1- You've picked the best Fish Finder out there and a pretty good mount.  Now, The battery question.  Where to put the five pound lead weight, 12v pack, better designed for the console on my boat, not my float tube …? Honestly, The Cast Mate Fish Finder mount is better suited to the light weight, self contained two part finders of today.  Not the heavy weight models better suited for other crafts.  I was never happy with bulk of my old unit.  The weight in the side pouch was always a problem and the bulk often outweighed [no pun intended] the benefits. but the quality suffers...That said, the Lowrance  Elite 4 is probably the best Ive ever used and I still use it.  I pulled off the supplied mount and Velcro[ed] [included] onto the Cast Mate mount.  I dont use the GPS input or the speed/temp sensors.  My battery goes in my side pouch.  There are plenty of blogs that swear you can get 25 hrs of use with as little as 3ah.  But the power and clarity of the unit demands a bigger battery, no question.  Cord management is easy enough with some nylon ties and they go in pouch too.  The transducer bolts right through the Cast Mate sonar mount supplied and is a great match.

The U2 will work great and I know you'll be happy with it as well.  

Did I cover it all?

Last edited by Kingfish on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

http://www.teamfishco.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]