FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Sat May 11, 2024 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quickie Crowley report

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Quickie Crowley report Empty Quickie Crowley report Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:31 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
Just finished cleaning my gear. Thought I would give you a quickie report. (more details later,… hopefully tomorrow, it's late and I have an early call time in the morning).

So, the epic bite at Crowley continues,… at least for a few of us..  (nymphers need not apply! Hee Hee !!!)

Lot's to tell on this trip.. (including a BEAR encounter!!),.. but long story short….

I just broke a personal best,.. Five, 20" fish (2 Browns and 3 Bows) including a 22" Bow, in one session!!!. (Hooked at least a dozen others between 15-19 but I only care about the 20s or bigger, cuz that's what I do!!)
All on a Cinnamon colored leach pattern. ( 3"bunny strip, with 2" marabou, hackle, cinnamon crystal chenille body, 2"orange rubber legs and gold mylar accent, with a #2 90 degree jig head weedless hook, and a 1/16 oz. gold tungsten cone head.) Ugly!!!! Oh my God, is it Ugly!!! I have no Idea what it's called but the Troutfitter has a bunch of them. (Get the biggest ones they have!) I caught everything for three days on this fly.
I was Speed Stripping, right on the surface, in the southernmost bay at Six Bays and the beach flat south east of Leyton Springs. (just around the corner from Alligator Point)

Ok,.. As I have said before, the low water conditions at Crowley is providing a once in a lifetime opportunity to catch a trophy Sierra Trout from one of the finest Trout fisheries in the country. I have not seen it this good in Many, Many, years. In just one year I have broken my personal best in two categories. Biggest, and today, most 20s in one session. (my prior record was 4) I am planning on fishing the last three days of the season, (work permitting) provided I can find some bigger flies!!!! Hee Hee!!!!

DEAR LORD!! WHAT A TRIP!!!!!!!

bodfish

PS. I tried like hell, I really did.. but only got a few pix. (the buggers would not stay still!!) I will try and send them in the follow up report.

2Quickie Crowley report Empty Re: Quickie Crowley report Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:55 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds like one heck of a trip! Nice work on your PB too. I have yet to try my shot at fly fishing, even though I build fly rods also, never actually fly fished. Thanks again for the report, hope to see some pics on the next one.

3Quickie Crowley report Empty Re: Quickie Crowley report Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sound like a hella of a time. Bear encounters.... YIKES!!!! Good job on them PB. Great report.

4Quickie Crowley report Empty Re: Quickie Crowley report Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Interesting report, and wtg on the PB. Post photos! Got to see those beauties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum