FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Ol' Timer Hasn't Posted A Fish Report Since The Trial Tournament Ended .... I'm Way Over Due!! Two Day Report.

+4
Litefoot
Ornery Bob
Jerdon
SP Dan
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP Dan

SP Dan

Saturday, 10-15-2016
AO: The back bay of LAB ....  that I justifiably re-named it "The SALTON SEA".   No fish pic's that I care to share, all were short.
All of my gear, line on spools, rods, clothing, float tube, and myself included ... were all totally covered in a heavy layer of salt!
All the trash and scum seemed to get pushed to the back bay with the 6.1 ft "GREAT FLOODING Of THE BAY" where it collected for some very scuzzy yucky
water conditions ...  Suspect yuck!! But the <"))>< fish were there and they were biting!

The best part of all of this session was that I had the pleasure to fish along side the very talented Daniel a.k.a. singletrack on this day. Good times were definitely had!
It was great having to have fished with you again Daniel!  salute We both seem to always bring our "A Game's" along when we hook it up!
My fish count: (10) Grumpy's and (1) Turd Roller.  All were undersized.
singletrack's fish count: the numbers were about the same except that he landed some legals in his batch of fish.
singletrack definitely had the hot stix on this particular day .... but just you remember ... every dog has it's day! lol

Sunday 10-16-2016  Solo session.
Sun Rise: 0658 hrs, Sun Set: 1817 hrs, the days are getting shorter.
Air: early morn sprinkles, cool to mild 62 deg - 73 deg, Water Temp: 64 deg, Sky: AM cloudy with a few breaks in the clouds
to return to full clouds an cool,
Wind: 8 - 13 MPH, off shore in the AM and on shore in the PM.
Predicted Surf: 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 2.0 ft, Set Intervals: 9 sec's apart, Ocean Swell: S swell w/ peaking NW swell.
Moon Phase: Full moon.
Conditions: Early morning slight off shore breeze with an incoming tide, the water was mostly clean and yet murky with barely any salad or grass,
90% clean retrievals ...
Tides: 0500 1.2 ft, 0600 2.4 ft, 700 3.9 ft, 0800 5.3 ft, 0900 6.2 ft, 0942 HT 6.3 ft. 1100 5.7 ft, etc .....
Isolunar Forecast: Minor Period: 0640 hrs till 0810 hrs.
Bait Presence: mucho CRAZY Bait presence. Bird Presence: a couple of way over feed pelicans and other pelagic sea birds tossd into the mix.
Water Dogs: the always present 500-lb arrogant BULL Harbor Master himself!!
Session Duration: 0500 hrs to 1330 hrs. I had planned on leaving by 1100 hrs but it was so beautiful out there!!
Assault Tactic: 1/4oz Big-Hammer sexy smelt, 1/40z HUB's, Drop Shot w/ 4" Gulp Watermellon Minnow.
AO: LAB the Salton Sea.
Todays Distance: 2.1 miles. I couldn't figure out the tidal flush today because I either ended up kicking against the swirling direction of the tide or I was having to go against the wind or both!!  scratch Ha ha ha!!! Still great exercise!

I kicked for the 1st quarter mile in super stealth mode without even a bump to my surprise!
But once I arrived at Sculpin Point; at approx 0530 hrs, both of my rods began to get busy bending at different times.
Note: I had re-tied both of my line fresh the night before and wasn't nervous about putting the wood to them today!!
I had 7 on bodies on board by 0700 hrs. then it happened .... the dreaded slow down of the bite .... Oh Shocked Brotha!!!
I started fishing dentally next to the moored boats and in all the shadows, way back in the flooded back docks ... hunting for my next strike!
By 0800 hrs I had 9 bodies on board and had been owned (3) good times by some heavy hitting unknowns  ... just to re-tie another new lure on
with anticipation of the one that got away.
From 0800 hrs to 1130 hrs I fished the "DEAD SEA" for NADA!! The tide had already began to drain the inner bay and the wind was really starting to gust ... so I figured that I'd give the
out going a shot. I'm glad that I did!! (9) more bodies made it to the bump board in the next 2 hours with a legal Bass, a Green Back Mac and a 19" Hali
tossed into the Batch! Enough said ... time for pic's.

SP Dan's fish count: Sorry a few pic's are missing ... Oh well ... you get the idea.
(1) Green Back Mac
(1) 19" Halibut (large pancake)
(2) Checker Sides
(5) Grumpy's, two of which were legals: 14" and 16 1/4"
(9) Turd Rollers, two of which were legals: 14 1/4" and 16 1/4"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Same fish

Thanx for taking the time to view this rather lengthy fish report! Thumbs Up

All fish were CPR'd as quickly as possible after their photo opt's.

Tight lines and PB's to all!

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Looks like a good weekend of tubing.
Congratz on getting out and landing a few, or a bunch.
Thanks for sharing SP Dan.

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Nice report and nice catch! Wow!

Litefoot

Litefoot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Very Nice good weekend !!

singletrack

singletrack
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thank you Dan for the nice words.  Awesome report as usual.  All I had to share was a Yellow Fin Croaker of good sizes I caught my legal spotty when it was still dark and the pic did not come out.  I also want to share that the last couple of weekends we have been getting into some small Bonito so I am sharing a pic from a few weeks ago of one I cuaght.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPxZQaZknKgs79MOETz5frQ

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Bonito must be pretty exciting on light tackle! Love to catch one. Thanks for the report!

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thanx everyone ... for taking the time and or interest in either reading or responding to my fish report.

SP Dan <"))><

Mscustomflies

Mscustomflies
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Looks like a couple of good sessions

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice report and nice outing. Congrats on the bass trifecta.

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice fishing fella's! It's good to hear that there are some bonito in the bay too. Those guys are feisty!

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thanx once again everyone ... for taking the time and or interest in either reading or responding to my fish report. It means a lot to me! Thumbs Up

SP Dan <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum