FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Veterans Day Tournament report

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Veterans Day Tournament report  Empty Veterans Day Tournament report Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:41 pm

manny149

FTFF Gathering Officer

First post, been lurking for a while.
Wow what a beginning to trout season at The Vine.
I decided to celebrate my birthday by fishing not one but both Saturdays and Sundays tournaments.
Saturday,
I got to the line at about 4 am and ended up in the 3rdh lane not to bad I thought. After a quick registration and swift entrance most of the shore was packed.
Got to my spot and set up, my buddy was supposed to show but he never made it. A couple of guys next to me picked a few up jigging, and down the shore I could see more fish being caught.
At about 9 I had just one tap and I see the fellows next to me start inflating their tubes so decide to pull mine out, as I had planned. This will be my third time out on the tube which I am fishless from. I think I was putting a lot of pressure on myself because I kept tangling the line on the rod tip. After a while and a couple of deep breaths I settled down and began switching baits to see what was the ticket for the day. After an hour and a half I get slammed!! This fish gave me a hell of a fight bending my rod into the water and peeling line back and forth for about five to ten minutes, then I managed to net it. I noticed it was bigger than the fish I saw caught on the shore but I didn’t want to get to exited just yet. I brought it in at 12:30 after no mare action, and more of the same till 1:30 from shore. At the weigh in there were plenty of big fish but I still had some hope to place. Well I didn’t place but I was still very content with the quality of my first float tube fish.
So I went home to rest up for day two.

Sunday,
This morning I got to the line at 4:30 fourth lane, and not alone this time. I got the wife and daughter for luck.
Same process as the day before, well yeah get them registered as well. I already had in mind where I wanted to set up judging by yesterday. But by the time we got there it was taken.
So I turn back to a rare empty spot, before not too long we get a tap. I yell for my lil one and she jumps out the car for a false alarm.
At 8 I see one of the bobber indicators jiggle on her rod and call her over. The fight was on, this fish took her to the left to the right I was coaching her thru the whole time.
The wife nets it and it was a pretty solid three pond looking fish. An hour goes by and she brings in another one that brought a major bend to her rod.
This fish was even bigger than the first. We were all more than happy. It slowed down all around us so at 11:30 I get the tube and head out. After about a half hour out there I notice the family
dive off so I head back in. They had pulled in all their lines in so I quickly set my two rods and continue to bait their rods so when they came back they would be ready to go.
Within two minutes I was on. It was a nice fish but not as big as my daughters. I re-bait and continue rigging the other rods when a passing truck yells at me your getting hit.
I was on!!! It felt heavy but was not putting up much of a fight. Right when I got it to within 5 feet the folks drive up, and the wife nets it for me.
It was about the same size as my daughters but this fish was definitely fatter. So that was it two fish each.
One thirty came and off we go to the scales.

I again saw plenty of big fish and a couple of heavy stringers, so I again wasn’t too sure if we would place. I had a feeling my fish would place but it looked unlikely.
My daughter weighed hers first it was 4.15, that was bigger than what I got yesterday. I was next 4.95 I went up one pound from the day before.
Jimmy kept my fish up there so now the nerves were setting in. Daniela starts announcing the winners.
What do you know my little girl placed tenth!!! She ran up there super exited and I was one proud papa. Then I realize “ hey I made it too”
They continue calling out the place 9,8,7,6,5, I won fourth place!!! This was one super happy family. Now I was just left wondering if I made the cut for the masters.
Looked online the next day and found out I did. I can’t wait to get back out and keep getting better and honing my skills.

Big thanks to Irvine lake for the memories, thanks to my shoreline neighbors, Bill the Master and friends for netting my first fish, a Bass and the entertainment.
Fun bunch of dudes.

See you on the lake……
On a side note when I blew out the candles on my birthday cake I did ask for a big fish!!!

2 Veterans Day Tournament report  Empty Re: Veterans Day Tournament report Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Welcome Manny149

and thanks for the report, saw this on FNN, good job bro, keep it up and enjoy your stay!!! youll find lots of knowledge here Thumbs Up

Tony G

3 Veterans Day Tournament report  Empty Re: Veterans Day Tournament report Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the board Manny149 glad you made it over to the dark side, and thanks for reporting out on both trips to Irvine well done.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4 Veterans Day Tournament report  Empty Re: Veterans Day Tournament report Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:21 pm

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice job and welcome to the boards

5 Veterans Day Tournament report  Empty Re: Veterans Day Tournament report Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the boards Manny149 and congratz on the fish.

6 Veterans Day Tournament report  Empty Re: Veterans Day Tournament report Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Welcome and congratulations to yourself and the family. I bet your lil one was super excited and now you will always have a great story to share

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum