FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

question of the month?

+6
bodfish
tubefish
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
desertstorm28
Aquaholic38
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1question of the month? Empty question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

When fishing the cold months, what are your favorite techniques?
-Bass magazine

2question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:21 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nightcrawlers for some trout! Or drop shot for bass fished as slooooooooowwwwww as possible

3question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

X2
although I`ve been hit on reaction lures fast retrieve as well!

4question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:01 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dropshot and hot coco.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:52 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fishing slower, deeper, and tighter to structure. In thick cover I sometimes burn a bait really close to the cover or maybe even right through the cover with pops & jerks for a reaction bite.

6question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:47 pm

tubefish

tubefish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

your chances only get better if you put something in the water. but besides that LOLLY summed it up

http://www.austinlures.webs.com

7question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:29 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
My tactics during the winter?
For freshwater LMB's
1) topwater
2) large plastics (10" worms, Big ugly jigs…)
3) swim baits ( the best time of year to fish BIG swim baits is Winter)
4) vertical jigging ( Rapala Ice Jigs, Hopkins spoons, Roadrunners, etc., etc.,…)
5) slow? Hmmm… yes,.. but that should not be the rule!

For trout?
1) anything, this is their time of year.

Saltwater bay or inshore fishing?
Same as above for freshwater LMB.

The key to success as far as I am concerned is to understand how the fishes daily behavior reacts to the shorter daylight, longer nights, lower ambient temps, light angle, increased lunar affect, clearer, denser, water, (which affects the thermoclines) and perhaps the most important factor, less food availability. Also Winter is the time when a good meter and the knowledge to use it effectively is VERY, VERY, important.

just a few thoughts,….. bodfish

8question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:51 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

My technique is to fish and if at first I don't succeed I'll try again...Red Smile 

9question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:18 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I like your style fatboy Thumbs Up 

10question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:50 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

..."and if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again, try again"...

11question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:12 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:My technique is to fish and if at first I don't succeed I'll try again...Red Smile 
Haha, like!

12question of the month? Empty Slow Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Robsabloke

Robsabloke
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

It's always struck me as funny… that a lot of California anglers, put their stuff away in the winter months and don't even give fishing a try. I lived in Chicago for ten years and ice fished many times. If you can catch fish through the ice… you can catch them anytime. Waters in southern Cal rarely if ever get below 50 degrees. This post is primarily for Bluegill and Shell Cracker fisherman… Having said that I've caught many a Bass using the methods described below.
My Thoughts… It really helps if you have Electronics during this time of the year… or you are beating you head against the wall (Unless you were born lucky)… so have your Garmin… Lowrance or Hummingbird with you. Fish As SLOW as you can and then slow it down some more… and then… Yep… SLOW it down even more… (Keep in mind I'm talking Primarily about Bluegill and Redear here) when you do move your bait… barely move it… I've found that small baits tend to work best… for example I'll fish crickets, Mealworms and Night crawlers during the Spring and Summer months… but will downsize to Wax worms and Maggots if they are available. I've had good success with Maggots… When I can get them, I get them in mixed colors… Red, Green, Blue, Pink, White…  They will move and wriggle for a long time… in even the coldest water. I also fish lighter… I'll use a 2 lb line in the Summer… but I'll add a 1 lb Flurocarbon leader in the Winter… sometimes it really makes a difference, as does the length of the leader. Just a side note for the Bass guys regarding the line… I've landed Catfish and Bass up to 12 lb on 2 lb test line… so it can be done… Just make sure you check your drag before you start fishing… As we all know… Just when you think the day is over…  and you've been Skunked… WHAM...

Last edited by Robsabloke on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

13question of the month? Empty Re: question of the month? Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:34 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Robsabloke wrote:It's always struck me as funny… that a lot of California anglers, put their stuff away in the winter months and don't even give fishing a try. I lived in Chicago for ten years and ice fished many times. If you can catch fish through the ice… you can catch them anytime. Waters in southern Cal rarely if ever get below 50 degrees. This post is primarily for Bluegill and Shell Cracker fisherman… Having said that I've caught many a Bass using the methods described below.
My Thoughts… It really helps if you have Electronics during this time of the year… or you are beating you head against the wall (Unless you were born lucky)… so have your Garmin… Lowrance or Hummingbird with you. Fish As SLOW as you can and then slow it down some more… and then… Yep… SLOW out down even more...when you do move your bait… barely move it… I've found that small baits tend to work best… for example I'll fish crickets, Mealworms and Night crawlers during the Spring and Summer months… but will downsize to Wax worms and Maggots if they are available. I've had good success with Maggots… When I can get them, I get them in mixed colors… Red, Green, Blue, Pink, White…  I also fish lighter… I'll use a 2 lb line in the Summer… but I'll add a 1 lb Flurocarbon leader in the Winter… sometimes it really makes a difference, as does the length of the leader. Just a side note regarding the line… I've landed Catfish and Bass up to 12 lb on 2 lb test line… so it can be done… Just make sure you check your drag before you start fishing… As we all know… Just when you think the day is over…  and you've been Skunked… WHAM...
Killer info. Thumbs Up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum