FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New tuber from Canada

+9
Wyu
TheAsianGuy
Misfit_Angler138
jeffcpr
Jerdon
.:LOLLY:.
Fisher
Tony G Fishing
Slayer33
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New tuber from Canada Empty New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:53 am

Slayer33

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey everyone.

Took me a while, but I finally found a good forum to choose to join I think.

I actually just started fishing last summer, I had fished with my dad when I was young, maybe 12 or so, but I'm 35 now, so I've had quite the time off from the sport/hobby.

I haven't tried fly fishing yet, I'm a spinning/baitcast fisher at the moment. But I think with some more time and practice I'll try out the fly fishing.

I went float tubing last year on a hand me down Browning float tube I got from my sister. I had a blast as I really felt like I was really in the action.

My wife got me an Outcast Super Fat Cat LCS this past Christmas and I've been dying to try it out. I'm about 195-200lbs so I think the SFC will be more than enough... I'll have to wait til late May to give it a go tho as the waters here are still quite frozen.

Along with the new float tube, I picked up a Scotty baitacaster rod holder and tube mount, I purchased the Scotty mounting plate that can be glued on, but I haven't attempted to glue it on for a while so I picked up the 2 strap mount kit instead.

I've been on the fence about getting Force Fins, I have the cheap Lost Lake kickers from Bass Pro that I used last year with my breathable chest waders. I have boots attached to my waders so I was looking for a better fin to use. I actually bought a pair of Protac Highwater Fins yesterday, but returned them today as I read some poor reviews on them. I may buy some Force Fins later, but I want to go out a few more times to see if I really want to invest in $200 fins.

I also picked up the 12V Hurricane pump and I have the double action pump from Outcast as well. I picked up the Outcast 2lb anchor kit too.

I picked up a Humminbird Smartcast RF35 last year, tried it out a couple times but I can honestly say it didn't work at all for me... felt like it was a waste of $, I'll give it another go this year and hope it works properly with a new transponder unit.

Aside from that, that's all I have at the moment, I hope to participate in the forum as much as I can going forward!

2New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:03 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Slayer33.

Looks like you all set to go, WELCOME to the forum, youll enjoy it here, lots of good peeps as wel as knowledgel..... Thumbs Up cant wait for your reports!!

Tony G

3New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums

4New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:13 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the boards. Looks like you are ready to go! I would not recommend gluing the rod holders to your tube. You are good to go with strapping it down.

5New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:24 pm

Slayer33

FTFF Gathering Officer

Good to know, I was hesitant to gluing it to the tube, I'm glad I just went with the straps, it is surprisingly stable!

6New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome!
Sounds like you are good to go, I bought Force Fins 25 years ago with my first tube and still use them. I have tried others, but so far the Force Fins handle better in every way. If you break down the cost by year it gets pretty cheap.

7New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:30 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome you have found the right forum so glad you did, welcome to the jungle.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:51 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard.
And you're right yours is the best forum around

9New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:52 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This*

10New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:04 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard. Plenty of fish-o-holics around this neck of the forum. We come in all sizes and shapes, toons, tubes, and yaks. Let us know what you need help in, and of course, share your knowledge as well.

11New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the forum and addiction.

12New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:29 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the forum

13New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Slayer33,
Can you tell me more about that Smartcast RF35?
Did you troll it behind the tube, stick it on something, was the readout bad good suspect?
Did it use up batteries?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

14New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:26 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome and good luck this year with the fishing and from the sounds of it, your wallet.

15New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:52 am

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

If you keep an eye on eBay you might find a deal on the Force Fins. Do you have somewhere that you can go and try on a pair? To go over boots you will probably need at least XXL.

Did you purchase the Drill Paddle?

16New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:08 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Slayer33 wrote:... I'll have to wait til late May to give it a go tho as the waters here are still quite frozen.

That's cuz they're still using the pond for hockey, eh?  cyclops 

Welcome... and Go Kings!

17New tuber from Canada Empty Re: New tuber from Canada Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Welcome to the Forums and the Addiction , Sounds like you are almost ready to go once the ice starts to melt . It looks like you have done some research and I can tell you as other have first hand that I have Force Fins as well and the difference from all the others I have tried is amazing I can Kick all day and not get cramps or fatigue. you use so little movement and these fins just get you going its crazy.

Watch Ebay as other have said and you can find a killer deal , just make sure that you get a bigger size to go over your boots

WES

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum