FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Floattubefanatics mounting systems

+2
jeffcpr
Tim Murphy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:55 am

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dear Board,

I am looking to add a Garmin 150 to my arsenal.  It will be used on a Waterskeeter Daytripper and a Creek Company Voyager frameless pontoon.

I am looking at the Floattubefanatics "G" mounting system and I have a couple of questions.  Looking at the pictures it looks like you get everything you need except the fish finder.  By that I mean you get a mounting plate with a battery box, a transducer mounting bracket, the strap to tie everything together, and a 2.9AH battery.

Can anyone who has bought a system from Floattubefanatics tell me if I am right?  I just want to hang the thing on my tube and go if that is possible?  I did email them but I only sent the email a day or two ago and I haven't heard back.  If someone tells me I get what I need to get on the water I will just order the darn thing and be done with it.

One more question though, and it's about the smaller sealed battery that I hope you get with the system.  Can it be charged with a 12V automatic battery charger set to trickle charge at 2 amps/hour, or will I have to get a Battery Tender charger that charges at a lower rate to keep from boiling the top off of the battery?

I hope someone can help me out here?

Regards,

Tim Murphy  Smile

2Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I can say that my set up came ready to go just add the Fishfinder and you are good to go. As for the charger I cannot tell you I have a simple set up just plug it in and attach the clips to the positive and negative and wait for the light to change. I will take a closer look later and let you, this is a great set up you will not be disappointed.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:44 pm

I like my Float tube fanatics mount , I use it on my Humminbird 175 and can say that It serves its purpose for sure .. I purchased the low profile mount as I did not want that battery box sitting on the front of my tube , I like to keep everything neat and clean  Thumbs Up 

The G-Mounting system you are looking at for the Echo 150 would be ideal as you have a little more room on the pontoon and it is set and ready to go and very easy installation . So I would say go for it and you would be set .

I don't see a problem with a 12v trickle charger set @ 2amps , I would watch it though . Ideally 1.5 amps would be better . especially for the battery they are offering .

Good luck , WES

4Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dear Wes and Jeff,

Thanks for your answers.  I'm about 99.9% certain that the Floattubefanatics rig is the way to go.  By next paycheck I'm pretty sure I'll be 100% convinced.  Very Happy 

Wes you did bring up a good point about the added height of the battery box but for the majority of the time I will use the finder it will be on the boat in this link so I don't see it as a problem.

Once I buy the thing and hit the water I'll report back and let everyone know what I think and how everything works.

Regards,

Tim Murphy  Smile 

5Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That boat is sweet buddy, ya please send us you thoughts on the FF mount, I am sure you will like it but let us know your Pro's and Con's. I will text Wade and let him know you are thinking of buy so he knows to expect you.

6Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:40 pm

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for the positive comments on the boat. It really is sweet and I want to get the two man version too so that myself and the Missus can float local rivers and streams. I'll just have to be careful and be less critical of her fishing skills than I am when are out in the tin boat, otherwise I can see her sticking a knife in the side of it for spite. Red Smile 

It will probably be the end of April or the beginning of May before I actually buy the Floattubefanatics set up but I will definitely get it. The folks on this board speak highly of their products and that's all this kid needs to know.

Take care,

Tim Murphy  Smile 

7Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:24 pm

jpfromoc

jpfromoc
FTFF Gathering Officer

I recently got my Garmin 300 with my FFF mount system. It works great!

8Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty This is an outstanding product Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dear Board,

I purchased the Garmin mounting system from Floattubefanatics and I just want to say that if anyone is considering buying one of their mounting systems I recommend that you do.

Everything arrived today and I put it all together in my den in about 20 minutes just by looking at the pictures of the system on the page with the drawing and parts list on it.  It went together easily and I am really impressed with the quality of the set up.  The battery box and transducer mount are made of a rugged plastic and everything fit together just like it was designed to fit.

If you are handy I imagine you can put something together on your own.  If you are like me and just want to buy something and have it work like it is supposed to do then get a mounting system from Floattubefanatics, you won't be disappointed.

I hope to maybe get the rig in the water this weekend and if I do I'll report back.  If it takes a while to get it in the water I'll report how everything works once its wet.  Don't expect any fish pictures though!  Red Smile 

Regards,

Tim Murphy  Very Happy

9Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:04 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

The Float Tube Fanatics is an awesome set up and a fair price. One thing you need to address is your oars. I have had to really work at mounting my sonars for frameless boats. Even my new boat presented a problem with the oars clipping the monitor.

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Congratulations on your new toys!

I don't recall which FFF Mount I bought, but the photo shows how I mod'ed it to eliminate interference with my oars.

It's a simple mod, just drill a hole in the end, fill in the original mount-hole with silicone and mount the sonar on the top-end.

I sent mod instructions (with measurements) to Wade for him to provide to any customers who need them.

If the mod is to your liking, contact Wade and ask him for the mod instructions (reference "Danny Staggs").

Good luck and enjoy!

11Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Fri May 09, 2014 10:28 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sweet bro that will do it, these float tube fanatics mounts are just amazing, really did solve a big problem we have had for along time. Thanks for sharing and also for sharing with Wade.

12Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Glad to help! Sat May 10, 2014 7:35 am

pngunme

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for all you do Jeff!

Always glad to help!

13Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Fri May 30, 2014 6:38 pm

dexter419

dexter419
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I bought the new U3 from float tube fanatics. I am running a massive low rance 7 elite hi with a chart plotter that I have not figured how to turn off. With dual beam running, marking several structures and playing with the different modes, I got a solid 7 hours of battery life and probably could have gone longer. Awesome setup, I honestly have to day it is an excellent quality product and the support is awesome!!

14Floattubefanatics mounting systems Empty Re: Floattubefanatics mounting systems Fri May 30, 2014 6:48 pm

Renegade

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That is awesome news! Your sonar cost more than my pontoon! Sweet setup.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum