FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 4:06 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

rod holder mounting options

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1rod holder mounting options Empty rod holder mounting options Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:10 pm

walleyeftw

FTFF Gathering Officer

i have some scotty rod holders and im looking for a way to mount them with. I seen the scotty float tube rod adapters and suggestions?

2rod holder mounting options Empty Re: rod holder mounting options Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:07 pm

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Check my pictures under float tube modifications. It is on this forum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3rod holder mounting options Empty Re: rod holder mounting options Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:13 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Let us know if you're using the holder for spinning gears for fly fishing. I have both and mounted them in accordance to my outings.

4rod holder mounting options Empty Modification Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 pm

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Let us know if you're using the holder for spinning gears for fly fishing. I have both and mounted them in accordance to my outings.

The fly rod & reel mount slides off the 1-1/2" ABS pipe, and I can then slide back on the vertical tube with the slot for a spinning reel, bait caster, or conventional reel. .:Lolly has posted several pictures on this site showing the versatility of his racks.

5rod holder mounting options Empty Re: rod holder mounting options Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:01 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sheriffdad wrote:The fly rod & reel mount slides off the 1-1/2" ABS pipe, and I can then slide back on the vertical tube with the slot for a spinning reel, bait caster, or conventional reel. .:Lolly has posted several pictures on this site showing the versatility of his racks.

Thumbs Up That's what I mean by this site has info to support its members with any means of versatility on the water, using whatever mods best suitable for each person. We are a group of die-hards on the water. All we need now are rocket packs and we're set for puddle-jumping.

6rod holder mounting options Empty Re: rod holder mounting options Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:13 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:
Thumbs Up That's what I mean by this site has info to support its members with any means of versatility on the water, using whatever mods best suitable for each person. We are a group of die-hards on the water. All we need now are rocket packs and we're set for puddle-jumping.

This ^

Where do I sign up for my rocket pack?? lol!

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

7rod holder mounting options Empty Re: rod holder mounting options Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:24 pm

walleyeftw

FTFF Gathering Officer

i do use casting and spinning gear, since i basically only fish walleye i want to be able to have room for my rigging,jigging and crankbait applications. so that comes to the total of at least four rods on my outcast fish cat 4 at all times. i have used some scotty rod holders laying around and i would realy prefare to use them over diy pvc rod holders allthough i do see the convienence of having them setup like that, any ideas would be greatly appreaciated thanks.

Sheriffdad

Sheriffdad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

You can mount the Scotty Rod holder to a PVC, or BBS tube as shown in picture. This mount is for my fly reel, but you can mount any Scotty holder in the same way. You can then mount this tube to an existing rod rack. .:Lolly makes an excellent rack, and if you explain to him what you need, he will work with you to make the holders removable so you can do the modification you need. I'm sure he can even make the modifications for you so that you will only need to mount the Scotty holder.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum