FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best OC spot to go alone as a newbie?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best OC spot to go alone as a newbie? Empty Best OC spot to go alone as a newbie? Wed May 21, 2014 12:13 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok, another newbie question. If going alone to LAB, HH, or Newport, where would be a good spot to launch and return to that doesn't have to much current or other difficulties working around the tides? Thanks for any input

2Best OC spot to go alone as a newbie? Empty Re: Best OC spot to go alone as a newbie? Wed May 21, 2014 12:58 am

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Definitely steer left of HH. The current there is always murder.

Between the LAB and NPH I'd go with the LAB. There's a good amount of boat traffic in both harbors, but I've never had a day at the LAB where managing through the water was impossible. Also, try launching when the winds aren't hell so you don't get blown somewhere where it will take 3-4x as long to kick back. Have fun dude and be safe!

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'd say the LAB. I haven't gotten the chance to fish NPH or HH yet but LAB i have some experience with. Google 5489 E. Ocean Blvd. LB and park on the street. The launch is easy on the beach. You can kick over to the left and work the docks where the Kayak rentals are and if nothing then kick across to the other side and work the docks and boat slips. I'm not sure what baits you're using but I always have one Drop shot worm or Gulp Shrimp on the rod holder and i'm throwing out 3" Big Hammer swimbaits. As you're kicking over to the other side, drag whatever jig/lure you're using on the bottom. There's really good chance you'll get a 'Butt. Good luck and post up a report.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yo david..

Everyone is gonna b different...my maiden voyage was in newport and ive been going their from day one....ive been to hh but yeah that place has tough a$$ current...ive done terminal island and thst was okay...but newport coast guard station..id say u cant go wrong....they have parking...and the launch is simple...i usually come out and hang a right and hit all the docks from the statiion to past the balboa yacht club....and man the waters are calm their....last week it looked lke a lake.....either way where ever u go good luck!!!

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yellowrock wrote:I'd say the LAB. I haven't gotten the chance to fish NPH or HH yet but LAB i have some experience with. Google 5489 E. Ocean Blvd. LB and park on the street. The launch is easy on the beach. You can kick over to the left and work the docks where the Kayak rentals are and if nothing then kick across to the other side and work the docks and boat slips. I'm not sure what baits you're using but I always have one Drop shot worm or Gulp Shrimp on the rod holder and i'm throwing out 3" Big Hammer swimbaits. As you're kicking over to the other side, drag whatever jig/lure you're using on the bottom. There's really good chance you'll get a 'Butt. Good luck and post up a report.

Yo yellowrock....when u get a chance and u wanna do newport...let me know and will link up.... salute 

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:
Yellowrock wrote:I'd say the LAB. I haven't gotten the chance to fish NPH or HH yet but LAB i have some experience with. Google 5489 E. Ocean Blvd. LB and park on the street. The launch is easy on the beach. You can kick over to the left and work the docks where the Kayak rentals are and if nothing then kick across to the other side and work the docks and boat slips. I'm not sure what baits you're using but I always have one Drop shot worm or Gulp Shrimp on the rod holder and i'm throwing out 3" Big Hammer swimbaits. As you're kicking over to the other side, drag whatever jig/lure you're using on the bottom. There's really good chance you'll get a 'Butt. Good luck and post up a report.

Yo yellowrock....when u get a chance and u wanna do newport...let me know and will link up.... salute 

I'm totally down for that. When are you guys planning on another trip down? I usually like to hit it first thing in the morning. Usually at Dawn. But let me know when you guys are down and i'll try to make way down there.

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yellowrock wrote:
Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:

I'm totally down for that. When are you guys planning on another trip down? I usually like to hit it first thing in the morning. Usually at Dawn. But let me know when you guys are down and i'll try to make way down there.

Sent you a PM, dont wanna rain on David's thread  Thumbs Up 

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for all the tips and help everyone!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum