FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Today at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 3:36 pm

» Motor project finished!
by GT Today at 3:03 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cumberland backpack straps

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cumberland backpack straps Empty Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ok, I'm usually a pretty resourceful and mechanically inclined type of guy, but I can't for the life of me figure out how you are suppose to hook the straps up on the Cumberland so you can carry it like a backpack. Anyone have a picture of it being carried that way? I usually just launch within a couple feet of my truck and can just carry it by the handles with all me gear loaded, but with the water level so low at Otay right now, there are some new launch sites available that wouldn't normally be, due to tullies, but are several hundred yards from parking. I hope nobody was filming me last Wednesday evening while I made the couple hundred yard trek to my new launch spot....I probably dropped everything I was carrying at least once! lol! 

2Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:58 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You must have the old style tube, the new cumberland now has them on the bottom, easy and simple. I wrote to Classic Accessories a while back about the top side straps and how bad of a design it was. On my old Cumberland like yours, i just hooked them across from each D ring and seemed too work, awkwardly, but it worked. Hope this helps, time to upgrade to the new one!

3Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:10 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What he said ^

When I had the straps on top I placed them in an X from the d-ring at the back to the handle that is at your thigh when you sitting in the tube. It's awkward but got the job done!

Just make sure everything is secured or in the pockets. If not, then place it in a bucket and carry the bucket with one hand and rods with the other. Then organize everything when you get to the water. If you have rod holders that are at a 45, you can leave your rods in there while you're carrying your tube on your back. They will point forward and upward so they won't fall out.

4Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:22 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Interesting....

What, other than D--rings on the bottom, are the differences in the old and new tube? I thought I had the new one.

Lolly, I tried several different combinations using the d-rings and handles but still didn't feel like I had it right. I'm pretty sure I would have noticed if there were d-rings on the bottom of my tube, but if I missed them, that will more likely than not solve my problem. I report back with egg on my face if so...

5Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:42 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i have the old and the new ill take a pic today and show u if u still need a pic

6Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you have the d-rings behind the seat on the bladder then you do not have the d-rings on the bottom of the tube.

When going from behind the seat d-ring to the handle in an x pattern is the only way I ever got it to semi-work. Feels awkward and the strap would give me friction burn behind my neck. The tube itself would also sit pretty low and it didn't help that I'm not tall. Every once in a while the tube would bounce off of the floor LOL.

7Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:57 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I took these images off the web. You can see in the red circled area how one has the d-ring and the other does not. The one that does not is the newer model and has them under the seat. If you have the older model there are four black plastics under the seat but no d-rings. I believe they are drains to let the water out from the foam.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:59 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Here is a pic of the "NEW" style

You need to have the "X" over the top of your shoulders like this

and then it will fit like this (the "X" is right behind my neck)

If you get the "X" section in the Middle of your Back it goes on like this
and then it slips OFF your shouldes like this
It took me a few times to learn.
Hope this helps.

9Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:01 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Lolly,
What kind of bucket is that behind the seat?

10Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No idea. I grabbed the photo's from google. It kind of looks like a cooler. Home depot sells some sweet 2.5 gallon black buckets with a screw on lid if that's what you're looking for.

11Cumberland backpack straps Empty Re: Cumberland backpack straps Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:37 am

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks all. I'll check it out when I get home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum