FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Today at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Today at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Today at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

FTFF Chapters Should we do this

+7
chipmcd
GT
virgilowen
Catman1979
dosomedirt
rusty hook
jeffcpr
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

FTFF Chapters Yes or No

FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Vote_lcap260%FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Vote_rcap 60% [ 9 ]
FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Vote_lcap240%FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Vote_rcap 40% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:20 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well I think our board has fallen asleep, this is normal and I am not worried, but I am always wondering how can we keep it rolling. This is not always easy as I do have a full time job and a family to handle so it takes a lot if time to run things here. I do enjoy but it can get hard and some time as you can see it just doesn't happen.
So my question again is what about running a FTFF Chapter program. We could have the Orange County, L.A County, San Diego County, and or the Canada, South Africa Chapters. This would give some ownership of the FTFF to other areas. There would be guide lines and rules, and maybe some small annual dues to allow the use of the Logo. But it would be like everything else simple and I hope away for people to get more involved closer to there homes.
This is just an idea right now if you guys are up to the idea and think you would like to try this, then lets get it going I will host the Orange County Chapter. Cast your votes and make your comments on this matter.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:26 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I for one like the idea very much! It would bring the people together in each area more.
This might be off the subject a bit, but concerning your kids program I tried to do something like that when I worked for the City of Chula Vista. Every two years we had to drain our swimming pools for cleaning. I wanted to bring in some fish which would be donated by a local company then hold a fishing durby for the local kids. Some fish would be taged for extra gifts etc. It never got off the ground as they were afraid of PETA!

3FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:33 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

rusty hook wrote:I for one like the idea very much! It would bring the people together in each area more.
This might be off the subject a bit, but concerning your kids program I tried to do something like that when I worked for the City of Chula Vista. Every two years we had to drain our swimming pools for cleaning. I wanted to bring in some fish which would be donated by a local company then hold a fishing durby for the local kids. Some fish would be taged for extra gifts etc. It never got off the ground as they were afraid of PETA!

rusty hook this is exactly why I think we should do this, if we can help you get that going out there for that would be great. The more people in your area that would be involved would help to get things off the group. Maybe we should talk soon and brain storm some ideas I think the FTFF Chapter idea will grow thing here in the positive for everyone thanks for the comments.

4FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:37 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

It would also bring some compition between the different areas. Once or twice a year we could have all the different chapters meet for fun and perhaps have some guest speakers come and talk to us and show us their products tec.

5FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:40 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Here are some ideas to kick around:
1. Annual dues: Once paid you would receive a small flag with the FFTF black emblem on a red background with a pole to mount on your tube so all can see it.
2. Once a year a chapter would sponsor a fishing derby and picnic for all the other chapters to attend. Each chapter would take a turn in their area to hold the outing.
3. For the once a year derby vendors can sponsor items for drawings and gifts.
4. Each chapter would charge a small fee which would go for the cost of chapter group outings, perhaps four times a year.
5. On the FFTF there can be a location for each chapter to see what is going on in their local area and stay in touch with each other.
6.Each chapter could have a Captain ( president) First mate ( secretary and treasure ) and Bosun Mate ( Chief coordinator)

6FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya if we do this we will need to create by laws and (Rules and Regs). I like the idea of the group receiving something they can display to show they are apart of there group. There will be a lot to work out but we will turn it out here in the forum. The most important part of this is to keep it simple and give people and groups a chance to try new ideas. This will be tough to have guide lines but freedom as well, but if any board can do it we can do it.

7FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:30 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I like the idea of a section for the Chapters to have access to for discussions that would be a great idea in the future.

8FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:13 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sounds like a great idea to have chapters for different areas but would we still be one forum with one Web page or would it be every chapter has its own Web page cause I would still like to see what people are catching in other areas like OC & SD. Sounds interesting though I'll be watching this topic for sure

9FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

No it would stay one website this would I think give more ownership to an area. They would feel more apart of things and work to find members to join in there area. I don't want to change the feel of the board in anyway I just want to give everyone a chance to become more apart of what is going on.

10FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So far it looks like some people are into the idea but I would like to see what others think. I think it is a good idea I am just worried about the work involved and the problems that could arise. But hey no pain no gain I think the pro's far out weigh the con's

11FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:04 pm

Catman1979

Catman1979
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I think it's a great idea, but I am not sure about the need to pay annual dues, or for use of the logo. I have done a few different events for a website here in Colorado, and forked my own money over to host the event. For example, we did a BBQ a few years back, and meat is not cheap. I enjoyed every second of it, but it in the end it benefited the website, as they didn't have to pay a dime. It would be tough organizing BBQ's/fishing events, and also have to pay for the "logo use".

12FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 am

virgilowen

FTFF Gathering Officer

I live up in the Seattle area. From what I understand in my minimal participation on this site most of you are from Southern California. I lived there before moving to Alaska for five years and ended up here. I think chapters would be a good way to spread the word about this site. I also think it would be a way for some folks to get there foot in the door with other fishing groups. The easiest way to grow this site is to convince people from other fishing groups to participate in this site.

13FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:32 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

From an ole guy, I would caution coming up with numerous rules right of the get-go. I'm for the chapters, sharing with others in your area, but putting a price tag on it might send people off to other "free forums". If chapters were to grow in membership then dues may be the next step to promote locally. I fell the energy and excitement towards the growing of the forum, but my gut feeling would be to take it a few steps at a time.........from an ole guy GT.

14FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:51 am

virgilowen

FTFF Gathering Officer

The big advantage to me would be more local input.  Fishing in the Seattle area is nothing like fishing in Southern California whether it is from a float tube or a boat or whatever.  It would give members a chance to get more information when planning a trip.  For instance, most folks planning a trip to Alaska to fish have no idea of the opportunities available there to fish without a guide.  The techniques are totally different for red fishing there.  I lived there for five years and I spent several hours on the river banks helping tourist learn what tackle they needed, what bait they needed, and how to fish reds in the Kenai river.  It would also allow a place to talk about safety in different areas.  There are lots of people willing to help.  Use that willingness.

15FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 pm

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

jeffcpr - I'm sure it can't be said enough and I think I pretty much speak for all the members here but, all your hard work is very much appreciated.

I see your post being broken down to 3 issues.

1. Time management
2. Growth of the forum
3. Local Chapters

1. Time  management.
Delegation. While I understand that there are certain procedures only the owner of the site can administer, your moderators should be given more command of their forums. Allow them to run the forums according to your standards. Being a moderator is a thankless job; we all should be more appreciative of them.
Also, maybe you could source a liason between forum and the vendors on this site. Or maybe if any member has a contact to a prospective vendor/sponsor to the forum, have them pm you about them.
Lastly, webmasters are useful. Anyone with the knowledge, time and passion would be a great ally.

2. Growth of the forum.
In my opinion, I think the forum needs to be accessed by registered members to view all pages. Hey, registration is free; it is not so hard to register for the free info available here. Non-registered lurkers can get the same discounts that registered members get (most of the codes for discounts are viewable without registration.) While this is good for the vendors here, it makes it hard to quantify membership/growth through affiliate commissions (see below.)  Another reason for the registration for full viewing of the forum – a high volume of registered members may make it easier to attract more vendors/sponsors to the forum.  Maybe special perks, from those sponsors, can sometimes go to webmasters, moderators, event organizers/ fundraisers or any involved in maintaining this forum as a reward for their hard work.
Also, just wondering - is there a way to setup RSS feeds with punBB? It would be nice to have it popup in my browser’s homepage or in my email client in the morning.
How about link exchanges with other sites? Affiliate programs with more retailers? What about selling flags with the logo on it to mount to our rides for more exposure?  Bumper stickers?

3. Local Chapters
As for the Chapters, I’m kind of with GT on this one. Maybe the process should be taken in steps. Why not create separate forums for these proposed Chapters regions? Whoever planned on hosting one could test drive it and become its moderator.They’ll have their own forum for events, fishing reports, local sales, (anything that can be regionalized,) etc.  Some clubs have declines in participation at physical locations due to other obligations of its members. Life gets in the way but, you still can participate and be productive in our online world when you have the time.  That’s the world we live in, the days of going to the clubhouse, for the majority, are over. And speaking of our online world, how come social media doesn't play a bigger part in the forum’s exposure? I saw the Facebook page.  I would figure a Twitter page could get the word out on events, workshops and fundraisers.
As for dues to use the logo, I’m not real sure on that one. Local Chapters of the FTFF having to pay to fly the colors? Unless there are some copyright issues involved, it doesn’t seem kosher to me.  By the way, what would be some examples of the member benefits from Chapter dues, besides using the logo?

P.S. Are all those posted vendors on the homepage, under the heading “sponsors”, actually sponsors of the forum or supporters?

16FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:17 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

"Separate Forums"? Can one put local chapter forums within the existing forum? I would not be in support of individual forums. I like being able to hear from others, next county, state, and even country. But I will go with the majority. I like the input so far. GT

17FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:22 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I also would not like a bunch of different forums. I find it very interesting to see what other members are doing and how they are fishing. Lets say a chapter in San Diego wants to have an event for their members all they have to do is make a general posting like we do for any other subject with a heading of "San Diego chapter event". I know there are many fellow fishermen in San Diego area, however it seems that we never get to meet each other face to face let alone fish together. A local chapter would help with getting together and meet and trade ideas, we just might even have a beer together. If I were to travel to Kentucky on vacation, I could put a notice of my expected arrival in their chapter and see if any members from that area would like to meet to go fishing and show me how it is done in that area. I did find a very interesting float tube site that I think should be looked at for ideas. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] scbbbc.com look at the video that they have which I thought was very interesting.
So to sum it up. Keep it very simple, keep the website as it is and have local chapters that can meet once or twice a year or as they seem fit to do, have local fishing derbys and tell lies to each other. Lets not get carried away with a large production. We just want to fish together and have fun, exchange ideas etc.

18FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 am

chipmcd

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

GT wrote:"Separate Forums"? Can one put local chapter forums within the existing forum? I would not be in support of individual forums. I like being able to hear from others, next county, state, and even country. But I will go with the majority. I like the input so far.  GT

That is what I meant.  I should have said sub-forums (wrote it after a long day at work.)  There's is no need to create a forum with a separate ip address for separate Chapters.  Bloody Decks, Stripers Online or Get Bent Fishing uses regional forums... sorry sub forums reports.

19FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i say lets do this

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

20FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:53 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Keep it up guys, this is great stuff, all points are well received and will be taken into consideration. As for due's it was just a though but I think that is out. As for an area for chapters on the forum we can just open a section for chapter news and information. We can keep this open and not closed to all members. I agree that I do not want to change the forum in anyway, it will stay the same for all, even if there are chapters. I feel like most seem to feel with Chapters it might give more ownership and desire to other areas that might not seem to have any involvement with the rest of us. I start this with the idea of talking to and seeing what people in other areas were doing as far as float tube fishing goes.
I never thought it would become what it has, but here we are. As this continues to grow the direction will change, but it is always my intent to keep everyone informed as well as never to move away from the core.

The core is
FTFF Mission Statement

The Float Tube Fishing forum is dedicated to the awareness and growth of this unique and exciting method of fishing for both experts and beginners. Through our global community and industry leading manufacturers we aim to promote and teach safe and appropriate float tube fishing techniques as well as mentor the future generations of float tube enthusiasts.

I think that these chapters are going to happen but I am still looking for the input from the board. So don't be shy put in your 2 cents this forum has become what it is today because of our members and I look to you to help move us forward the best way we can.

21FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:20 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Anyone else have some thoughts on this, I am thinking of starting the Orange County Chapter to get things going. Then we can see who else might want to jump in on this as well. I will keep it simple no due's and only 10 members to be called a chapter.
To help us stand out we could develop a special group avatar or a special signature banner. This could be something that each group comes up with on there own. Let me know know if you have anymore ideas on this and if it stays like it is on the positive side, I will start it off this weekend if I can find the time.

22FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Anybody starting a SOUTH BAY chapter let me know I'm in on that

23FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thats the way to do it, if and when i open the chapter section all chapter discussions will be there. for now lets keep this thread going let me know what chapters you would like to have, or ideas you have once we have these chapter running.
We will go for it and if it works great if not no harm no fowl. So does anyone else want to get in on the South Bay Chapter or the Orange County Chapter.  Thumbs Up 

24FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:15 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Count me in for OC Chapter...GT

25FTFF Chapters Should we do this  Empty Re: FTFF Chapters Should we do this Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:13 pm

muktuk31

FTFF Gathering Officer

i would be up for western Kentucky middle Tennessee sub forum or maybe just a Kentucky. don't know how many people on here are from ky, maybe just a fly over states forum

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum