FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake perris launch ramp habitat

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:11 am

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Sad note about Perris

Just at dark

A guy in a Dark blue outcast tube launched from shore near the  old coastguard dock (no longer there)
He was pulling the structure out of the water by dragging some sort of chain and hoop
putting the citrus tress on the shore line
when questioned he said he was dragging the bottom for his lost 250.00 swim baits ..really I know most fishermen cant afford a 250.00 swim bait
He also had a gill net being used  And a bucket of small fish
the Net was in Use! full of small bass and some bluegill

Pretty sure the reason for removing the structure was so the gill net did not get caught

He used pretty vulgar language when i question him and was threatening till i Approached him quickly and and asked him to repeat
his previous statement he backed down.
He was making remarks about the old fishermen and why do they even care about the structure or how they catch fish

he then told me he would put the structure back and quit his activities
i walked on and came back in 5 mins and they had left the area already up in the launch ramp and left the structure and one bucket of fish on the shoreline
i alerted the lake patrol but it was too late by the time they could get to him

I know the lake is falling but it may not fall another 10ft so most of the structure would have been spared
now there are 6-9 Citrus tree habitats sitting on the shoreline and less habitat for the fish

Amazing the Loss of Moral and ethical values were are seeing

I am sure Fish and Game would love to know we have people removing habitat they put in the lake with the tax payer dollars

the good news is that it does seem the lake rangers do care about the resourse and would love to catch the guys doing this

2Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:26 pm

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Damn that sucks! Some people just don't care... That's cool that you stopped them from continuing.

3Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

red1952ford

Was that last nite? Me and Wes were fishing near there and I though he was using a net for bait fish or something. In fact I thought the guy in the tube was a woman, long hair, kinda small and skinny. There was a guy fishing from shore and they had a little kid with them? They walked right by me in the parking lot at dusk if it was the same people. I should pay more attention.

4Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:42 pm

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:red1952ford

Was that last nite? Me and Wes were fishing near there and I though he was using a net for bait fish or something. In fact I thought the guy in the tube was a woman, long hair, kinda small and skinny. There was a guy fishing from shore and they had a little kid with them? They walked right by me in the parking lot at dusk if it was the same people. I should pay more attention.

it was them. it was a guy in the tube..as soon as all the other tubes left he puled out a Gill net
he would put each end out and the guy on shore would pull both ropes in
yes they had a small girl with them
and yes the Guy the the tube was a GUY a very foul mouth one for having a kid with them
they started the gill netting as soon as it got darker and everyone was gone from the area
2 pulls in with the net and a bucket of fish

5Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:56 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for sharing, I'll keep my eyes open for these guys. I was really clueless to their intentions. I may be a slow learner, but I always learn.
Twisted Evil

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

6Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Yup saw them pulling the structure out of the water last night while tubing with Jerdon . The guy just did not care at all . I can say one thing though as he passed myself and Jerdon you could tell he was very agitated . I was watching him closely and knew he was up to no good Evil or Very Mad

Wes

7Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:02 pm

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:Yup saw them pulling the structure out of the water last night while tubing with Jerdon . The guy just did not care at all . I can say one thing though as he passed myself and Jerdon you could tell he was very agitated . I was watching him closely and knew he was up to no good Evil or Very Mad

Wes

Yes he was irritated. They did not take well to being confronted at all

the guy without the float tube Dumped the bucket of fish in the water most of them Dead
I have never seen someone move so fast leaving the shoreline

8Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:13 pm

bad thing was the Park ranger missed them by a few minutes , saw them flying in when i was getting ready to pull out

9Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:16 pm

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:bad thing was the Park ranger missed them by a few minutes , saw them flying in when i was getting ready to pull out

Ya the ranger told me he would have looked for the Net as it is Illegal to just posses the net

10Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:18 pm

I have done my share of reporting idiots like this and helping to protect our waters , Man I wish i would have seen the net. it would have been handled a lot quicker.  I have seen these guys before and they will be back

Edit : Also with the trout stockings starting next week , watch out for the bucket brigades. I always see tons of them .

Wes

11Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I was wondering how the root balls got on the shore when me and Wes got there yesterday. They were not showing last week, so I'm guessing these guys drug them up earlier. I bet they have been scouting this. Lets keep an eye out boys.

12Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:34 pm

on a side note , they had divers in the water at Perris on the launch ramps earlier in the day and they where taking measurements and stated they still had 1 foot to drop and the ramp would be still good with 6 meters left of ramp

WES

13Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:on a side note , they had divers in the water at Perris on the launch ramps earlier in the day and they where taking measurements and stated they still had 1 foot to drop and the ramp would be still good with 6 meters left of ramp

WES

did you mean that the water will only drop One more foot and then stabilize ?

and what if the water drops more next year ?
no more boat launching ?

14Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:37 pm

red1952ford

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:red1952ford

Did anyone see what car they were driving ??

15Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I didn't see them get to a car. I was just not paying them any attention.

16Lake perris launch ramp habitat Empty Re: Lake perris launch ramp habitat Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:55 am

it was a 4 dr blue sedan , they hauled ass out . they had a heck of a time starting the car due to being in a Hurry. Jerdon you must have been out of it that day , they where parked right next to you my friend lol!

Wes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum