FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Jerdon Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Getting Pumped for The Salt !!!

+7
kobra
Ifishtoolittle
kin
wiseguy
n2deepfsw
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:37 am

So I am getting excited to get ready and hit the salt for the first time ever and I am compiling a list of things I may need or that I think I may need lol!

List :
- Rods / Reels I have a grasp on
- Fish Gripper
- Tackle ( what should I start out with ? ) Basics
- New Air Horn
- Head lamp for those night sessions
- All sun protection under wraps here Thumbs Up

What else can you think of to help me keep my gear protected while in the salt or any other recommendations ?

Thanks for the help  , Wes

2Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:36 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Squirt bottle with freshwater for after you get out of the water. Use it to spray down your rods, reels, and tackle. I don't do this only because I am home pretty quick. I know a few guys that do this and it seems to work for them.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:38 am

Great Idea Jeff , As all my drives home will be 45min plus more then likely

4Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

big wes, id say most if not all of your bass gear will work in the bay, i use 6-6 rods all the way to 7-6, 6lbs test all the way to 30lb braid....hooks i use lots of ewg hooks 3/0 4/0....im sure youll mash!

i agree with Jeff, i usually as well get home and wash all my gear off with a hose, well not all the time What a Face , there some nights where i get home late and i just wanna crash out haha green happy clean it up next day, i dont recommend it though just lazy on my part....

like today im hitting the bay, i have a 6 8 10lb outfits, 2 drop shots and one carolina rig......hope this helps bro

5Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:41 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If it's your first time out in the salt I would recommend going light. 
1- one to two rods ( one setup with a swimbait/creature and the other crank or weedless)
2- light on the tackle ( what baits your going to use and some lead heads hooks)
3- if your going at night bring a headlamp
4- bring water and snacks
Then the next time you go out you can figure out what you used or didn't.
Most importantly have fun!

6Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:50 pm

Soon guys , I am going to take like 3 weeks off work paided I am dead beat . working 6 day weeks right now 6-5pm .. killing my fishing time lol!

7Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:13 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

dont forget your float tube, waders and fins! Red Smile

8Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:56 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

take a length of rope too, just in case you get too tired to kick, you can tie yourself off to a buoy or piling. getting caught up in the current going the opposite way sucks...especially if you don't have long fins. The rope can double up as a stringer for any fish you may want to invite home for dinner.

9Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:08 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

kin wrote:take a length of rope too, just in case you get too tired to kick, you can tie yourself off to a buoy or piling. getting caught up in the current going the opposite way sucks...especially if you don't have long fins. The rope can double up as a stringer for any fish you may want to invite home for dinner.

good call Kin, weve done that with a bud, got tired one time and just tied up to it...it worked champion until it was time to kick back.... Thumbs Up

10Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Food, water, net, pliers, cutters, extra go to hooks and lures, and a way to do the deed while you're out on the water.  I'm surprised no one mentioned that.  I'd suggest bringing a decent length of PVC or a large bottle.  Or, if you feel brave and wish to piss on a dock there's that option too.  Red Smile

11Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:26 pm

Lol thanks guys . No problem with a dock as long as there's not a seal on it . Would hate for him to mistake my rod for a anchovy

12Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:54 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

1/4, 3/8, 1/2 ounce jig heads, 3 to 4 inch swimbaits, a couple of cranks to cover 4 to 15 feet, 1/2 and 1 ounce spinnerbaits, fluke type baits, creature baits, and some 3 inch grubs.
That would be a good start. Hooking up with some of the heavy hitters would also lessen the learning curve. I know it won't take you long to figure it out. Just remember, a bass is a bass.

13Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Air horn is not needed!
Bring everything you fish with at LP besides the swimbait lol
You'll be find as stated above, have fun and what ever you do don't forget the tube, fins, waders and your rods lol

14Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yeah those seals and sealions can be scary as S**t lol but u got it covered man enjoy the ocean!

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

15Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:33 pm

kobra wrote:1/4, 3/8, 1/2 ounce jig heads, 3 to 4 inch swimbaits, a couple of cranks to cover 4 to 15 feet, 1/2 and 1 ounce spinnerbaits, fluke type baits, creature baits, and some 3 inch grubs.
That would be a good start. Hooking up with some of the heavy hitters would also lessen the learning curve. I know it won't take you long to figure it out. Just remember, a bass is a bass.

Yup , but those salt bass , have a lot more pointy teeth in there mouth !

@ Miller , I guess yelling at people to watch where there going works too . Twisted Evil

I will hook up with you all soon enough , I need to get these new fins in the water . I still have not used them Rolling Eyes

The fishing will be amazing , but i am sure there are some bomb Restaurants out there as well on the beach and man wheres the beer Thumbs Up

16Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:02 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

What kind of fins did you get Wes?

17Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:13 am

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Get em Wes!

18Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:09 pm

Chomps wrote:Get em Wes!

Will be hard to pull me off freshwater atm due to my Home lake (Lake Perris) kicking out huge DD bass weekly right now

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Soon Enough guys

19Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Holly *S**t those are huge LOL

20Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:25 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Holly *S**t those are huge LOL

Yup and the biggest was over 15lbs , and was not caught by the anglers in the link lol!

21Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:47 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

When are you going back out to LP Wes?

22Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:50 am

FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:When are you going back out to LP Wes?

I have Wednesday and Thursday off and the Big girls are moving in the launch area and south side of the Island I will be out for sure Wednesday rain or shine I am prepared for it all !

Its looking good both days as we have High Pressure coming in and the water will warm up a few degrees and a lot of bass will push shallow !

23Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:05 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Misfitdog wrote:
FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:When are you going back out to LP Wes?

I have Wednesday and Thursday off and the Big girls are moving in the launch area and south side of the Island I will be out for sure Wednesday rain or shine I am prepared for it all !

Its looking good both days as we have High Pressure coming in and the water will warm up a few degrees and a lot of bass will push shallow !
DANG! what is it with Wednesdays? lol! Tony G is always out on the water as well on Wednesdays. I was out there a few weeks ago and I had a few followers on my swimbaits but no committers. Ive been itching to go back.

24Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Empty Re: Getting Pumped for The Salt !!! Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:11 am

I am normally off Sundays and Mondays , but due to a work BBQ Tomorrow and Me having to cook for it . I am Booked up lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum