FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:28 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Being an active fisherman that prefers monofilament lines for my ultralight fishing, I really like using the highly visible fluorescent lines. I've used all the major brands in clear and green, but I really like being able to see my line while fishing, especially while float tubing, but these low-vis lines are just too hard to see, especially in certain conditions like cloudy days, windy days, shady spots, etc.. I'm sure part of the problem is my vision, which just seems to get worse every year. I have used these blue and green fluorescent lines for several years now and I catch a lot of fish,.. they do not seem to shy away from Hi Vis lines, and I'm not just talking about Bluegill, Redears and crappie, but also bass and trout. Some of you guys that know me have seen the many nice bass I have caught from local lakes and parks with bright fluorescent mono. I've even caught bass in very clear water lakes. There's nothing more exciting (in fishing.. that is, ha ha!) than to be working your fly lined worm back in, then to SEE your line jump and start to move off as Mr. Bass takes your bait.
I've met guys that will never use a Hi Vis line, thinking the fish will see the line and not take the bait.  Fish don't care about the line, which they really cannot see after a few feet deep, they are just focused on the bait itself, especially if it's a fast moving bait, like a crankbait or spinnerbait.  Even with a slow moving plastic worm or creature bait, they don't hesitate to grab the lure.
Anyone else favor these lines?  Sorry for the lengthy post..

2Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:52 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Komori it's always nice to read your posts. I like 2 pound mono for my ultra light set ups as well. For me the stiff handling characteristics of fluoro are a pain under 4 pound test. I'm from the view that if its hard for me to see it's hard for the fish to see, doesn't this explain the popularity of fluoro. I haven't used any hi vis line so far, maybe I'll give it a try.
Thanks for sharing.

3Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:48 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon- You do understand that I am talking about fluorescent COLORED lines, not fluorocarbon line right? You mentioned light line stiffness, so I just wanted to be clear on that..

4Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:02 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Komori wrote:Jerdon-  You do understand that I am talking about fluorescent COLORED lines, not fluorocarbon line right?  You mentioned light line stiffness, so I just wanted to be clear on that..

I do, I prefer mono in 2 pound test as well.

I was trying to convey 3 and 4 pound flouro is so stiff it has a lot more tangling issues than mono. Which is why I like the mono.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:31 am

supsurfer

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

If you are concerned about visibility to the fish, tie on an arms length of your favorite clear mono (nylon or fluoro) as a top shot. Double uni knot or albright knot. i use Fireline fused braid with a top shot of fluoro or nylon.

6Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:37 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

you know, I've come to realize that if you are working reaction baits, fish are less likely to really "look" at what they're munching on. If it makes fishing easier, I say don't let it hold you back. In dark situations, those bright lines make life a lot easier than squinting. Fishing starts with confidence.

7Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:40 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Supsurfer- I used to use a 3 or 4 foot length of a clear fluorocarbon leader, but one day at Perris I got broke off by a large fish, so when I retied my setup (a fly-lined Senko), I said to myself,.. "screw it, I'm going to tie this Hi Vis line directly to my bait!" And guess what?.. that was one of my best days on the lake! Lots of fish, with a couple big fish included. So anyway, I always just tie directly to the lure. Fish don't care or maybe they just can't see the line..

8Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 pm

supsurfer

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Komori, I hear ya. I misunderstood your post and thought that you were asking how you could get the best of both worlds. It will surely depend on the situation and what type of fishing you are doing.
Is that Komori as in "bat"?
DavidT2.

9Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Empty Re: Fluorescent Hi Vis monofilament Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:31 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Komori is just the company name of one of the large offset printing presses that I operate.. My actual name is Jeff, but don't tell anyone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum