FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by jeffcpr Today at 11:05 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

CastMates 2015 Saltwater VS. Freshwater fish off

+20
Leakytube
bigfish
Chomps
bayfishingjunkie
Mikeotunakiller
kobra
n2deepfsw
Narantdesigns
ed5000x
Pedro0131
Pavo21
kin
Tony G Fishing
sonarbp
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Aquaholic38
Vagabond
Jerdon
waxon67
jeffcpr
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

m

Damn narant!!! Mashed I had 10 8 over the 10 inch mark.......looking like short n all the Salt team might have somethi g here.......

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Had a great day in my neck of the woods. Chalked up fourteen on the scoreboard.

Nice catch two2. Looks like you got da biggest... so far.

Thank you Bigfish sounds like you had a Great day as well Congrats ..I Would like to see something bigger. That halibut is only 10lbs & 31in

TWO2 wrote:Thank you Bigfish sounds like you had a Great day as well Congrats ..I Would like to see something bigger. That halibut is only 10lbs & 31in

Unless I missed it, this is a bass tournament and big fish only applies to big bass unless it's pacifically listed that other fish may apply.
A lot of guys catch halis, WSB and YT on tournament day and they never win big bass. Just saying. Again nice fish but not the big fish winner

Misfitdog wrote:Yup myself and Miller where the only ones on the water , Ranger flew right past us everyone else was kicked off the water right before 9am  (Saw the Text Shortly After that the day was over ) ... I think We had the lake to ourselves for a 2 hrs or so ... We Decided since we where out there may as well take advantage and do some more fishing.
Was a blast Miller  , alittle sketch sometimes , but whatever .. gotta catch them Fish  Twisted Evil

Wes

Wes, it was a blast again to slay some fish. We will make that kick again sooner than later.
Wished I had my rain jacket and I just may have stayed out that far even longer lol

miller I copied what Jeff put on here... HERE YOU GO.. Read up Buddy

This is fun to watch all the trash talk, so I mentioned maybe with this contest we would do a biggest fish caught offer as well. So biggest fish in weight on the day will recieve 2 free spots in the Classic Accessories Cumberland fundraiser. This is biggest fish of any speicies now back to the trash talk everyone.

So with that being said.. Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile salute salute salute salute Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

I just want my castmate rod holder haha good times!

Same here TonyG.. You going to paint yours orange?? Im going to leave mine as is. Keep it stock..

TWO2 wrote:miller I copied what Jeff put on here... HERE YOU GO.. Read up Buddy

This is fun to watch all the trash talk, so I mentioned maybe with this contest we would do a biggest fish caught offer as well. So biggest fish in weight on the day will recieve 2 free spots in the Classic Accessories Cumberland fundraiser. This is biggest fish of any speicies now back to the trash talk everyone.

So with that being said.. Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile salute salute salute salute Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Oh well S**t I guess I better check to see if my carma is still working after it got soak so I can up load a pix of that damn 18lb catfish that wanted my swimbait Thumbs Up

Yeah miller that would be cool to see. Hope it works bro..

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

For sure two2....Orange! !!

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TWO2 wrote:Miller that's why I said it was a KICKER FISH.. Not sure if you read what Jeffcpr said but he said also the BIGGEST fish gets TWO tickets for the Cumberland float tube..
So now I WON a banner a Rod rack a 6pack of beer And hopefully a new Cumberland soon.. Man today was a good day.. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile Red Smile  
Well done Two2!!! MVP.....

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Haha well said two2. And miller it's not the size that matters it's the motion in the ocean!

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Thank you n2deepfsw & Pavo21.. Its was a good day but tuff with the rain, all the boat traffic from the balboa anglers tournament Pavo21 almost getting ran over by a boat from the tournament, The tide ripping and then the wind. the only thing missing was Lions, Tigers and bears OH MY..lol

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hahaha wait n sharks

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Wow what a strange turn of events, Team Freshwater was booted off the lake at the start, and the Saltwater killers, braved the rain and boat traffic as long as they could. Saltwater Killers look to have done a great job but there were some Team Freshwater guys able to fish and there results were amazing. So far it looks like TWO2 might have the biggest fish, unless millers camera can prove other wise. I am talking to both team captains and trying to get all catches with contest codes in the picture sent to me by e-mail so be sure to send the to your captain's so we can figure things out and see if we have a winner. Stay tuned and be patience thanks guys.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Well it Seems the Salt guys win by Default literally because 95% of the Freshwater team was booted off the water after 1.5hr (mother nature does not play nice) ... way to brave out the elements Salt water Guys ... not going to say it was a good competition , but it is what it is Thumbs Up

Wes

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The fair thing to do would be to let the freshwater guys reschedule and fish another date.

This is just me BUT the FW guys knew what there were going agents and for about a week too and still some said Rain or shine ill be there. Us the SW guys were facing the same conditions and more. lets not forget there was an other tournament going on at NPH as well. The SW guys even got out the water early by 11am and myself at noon do to rain, lightning,wind, lots of boat traffic and strong current coming in. My point is this. FW guys knew all along what the weather was going to be but still wanted to fish rain or shine. Its not our fault the FW guys couldn't fish + there are other lakes near by they could of gone too may I add. So with that being said I don't think the FW guys deserve a makeup day. but then that's just me speaking my mind.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is true and the freshwater guys did hang at the lake waiting to fish. It was the state park rangers that prevented them from getting back on the water. The fair thing to do would be to let us have a chance to fish.

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

I agree with Wess, it is what it is. Dam those rangers but after seeing the footage I understood why we got booted from the water. Jerdon, GT and my self waited for a while and then I left. GT found me back at the sailboat cove, I was trying to go back in but one of the rangers said "NO! its not ok yet to go back in". You can clearly see on picture 2 where lighting touches. WTG team saltwater on all your catches.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Guys this is a tough one and I know no matter what I decided it will not be a popular decision. I am still waiting on some pictures and will make my decision on this matter later tonight. I do fill that onthe FW team had an unfair out come, but mother nature did hit both teams. The Park Rangers keep them out and had the not removed them this might not be an issue. Team SW did stick it out and seemed to have even more with the large boat traffic and tournament going on that day. This is tough it does not matter what I do it looks like no one is going to be happy with my decision, but I will make a ruling as soon as I can. Wink

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great pics FADB.
I didn't think anyone had a shot of what we were up against.

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon think we got go pro footage.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Part of competing is not just winning but losing graciously.  I myself say in agreement that it is what it is.  I don't think it is accurate to call it a solid competition by any means.  Nothing was really proven in a competitive sense.  However, FW did declare rain or shine and without defining that statement in context to the possibility of a lake closure, I am prepared to stand by the statement.

The day was the 18th, rain or shine and until 2:30 pm. That is what happened and I can live with it.
But actual angling skills, experience and prowess will need to be demonstrated perhaps another time under better circumstances for everyone.

There is no denying that the anglers who caught fish, be it fresh or salt, deserve applause and to those that kept at it until the end your commitment is commendable.

Congratulations to the winners in advance from me and I am sure I speak for my team when I say Jerdon did a great job as leader and Cap'n and I appreciate his concern for us, pacing the shoreline until we were in and safe.

All in all I see this as some great memories fishing with some buddies and I look forward to sayin, "hey remember when?"

Until next time boys, enjoy your prizes and your fish stories and we'll catch ya on the next one!

-Wax

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum