FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Fish Tournament day

+7
Tony G Fishing
david886720
Two2.
jeffcpr
Jerdon
waxon67
bigfish
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big Fish Tournament day Empty Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Finally getting my Tournament day report on the forum. Seems like everything gets in the way of fishing stuff!

Big Fish Tournament day Earlymorn_zpsnftejsdq

Funny that the first thing I thought of when I awoke at 3 a.m. was the guys that didn't think anyone would be up early enough to hit the water at 6 a.m. I was already regretting the time change for starting time. 6:30.

My Father was a great fisherman. He would always tell me, "Some fishermen get up to go fishing at the crack of dawn! Real fishermen are on the water and ready to start fishing at the crack of dawn."

The sky for my location was beautiful. But I knew the Cali guys might be in for a rough ride today. Just means I was going to have to put in a good day. But the Pit Pond can be very fickle. On some days for no obvious reason I'm lucky to catch one or two.

Big Fish Tournament day Forumpost1_zpsdc7h5ncq

First tournament of this kind for me. A National tournament... kinda made me nervous. But that was short lived as I got four great strikes in about fifteen minutes! But Mr. B managed to win each fight.

I was throwing a topwater frog. They were obviously interested in frog for breakfast. I determined that this little guy was unlucky. I took him off and reloaded with another frog, one with just a little blush on his cheeks.

Big Fish Tournament day Forumshare4_zpsbvi8pe1e

Big Fish Tournament day Forumshare7_zpsyxty8uwi

Then it was on! Less than a minute later I'm taking a score pic! Go Fresh Water Team!

Big Fish Tournament day Forumshare6_zpsoyr80lzf

Big Fish Tournament day Forumshare3_zpsguaarpae

The day was going well. Then I received a text from Jerdon that they were getting kicked off the water! Suddenly the whole tournament had dark clouds over it.

But as you can see, I didn't let anything shake me. I was there to fish.

Big Fish Tournament day Forumshare5_zpsjyhusaxi

Big Fish Tournament day Forumshare2_zpsevkaa9wv

I had lots of fights that didn't make it all the way to the tube. I lost three legal ones that I actually did catch. The sad stories;
I caught a really nice bass, probably the biggest on the day, flip into the water before I could click the pic. Another one was lost because I clicked early and the number was covered and it blurred. The last had a pic that malfunctioned and I didn't verify. Sad

The final tally----14

The cool meter was pegged all day! I am already looking forward to yet another FTFF Tournament.

The storm only makes it more memorable. I didn't see any selfies come up so I made my own Team Freshwater, 2015 group photo.

Big Fish Tournament day Team%20freshwater_zpsojpayqve

Better start practicing now Team Saltwater. Cool

BIG FISH

2Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:55 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Absolutely fantastic report! !!

3Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:02 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Right on BigFish, great pics and thanks for carrying the team!
Looks like a good bass pond you found there.
Do you end up sharing that with other people or do you have days alone there?

Big Fish Tournament day Ladopu10

Big Fish Tournament day Image11

Big Fish Tournament day Banner10
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:24 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Mon-Fri I have the place all to myself. And even some weekends it's just me and the fish. It's virtually unknown. It is quite the little jewel. Even when other bodies of water in the area are low due to drought conditions, this little lake maintains water level. Biologically it is one of the healthiest bodies of water I have seen since my Mountaineer days.

5Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:27 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Amazing Report bigfish and the photo montage was amazing thanks so much for sharing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
Big Fish Tournament day Final_10
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:51 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:Amazing Report bigfish and the photo montage was amazing thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks goes to you Jeff. For me it was getting to participate in a national tournament. Trust me, there ain't much that goes on here in my neck da woods.

I appreciate the compliments on the report. But that's not the good stuff. I'm spending most of my time editing/producing some 120 FPS HD video action. That'll be coming soon.

7Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Two2.

Two2.
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Great report Big fish and nice bass you got there. Man you did really well..

8Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Really cool report and great team spirit!

9Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:57 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Awesome report Big Fish!!!! love the play by play.....good job, you for sure slayed!!! and very cool pics...as well as the group one ! Thumbs Up

10Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:14 pm

Awesome Job Bigfish , you are team Freshwaters MVP for sure .. love the photos and play by play Thumbs Up

Wes

11Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:01 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice Bigfish, we should have made the trek to NE and fished the tournament there lol

12Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:21 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Vagabond wrote:Nice Bigfish, we should have made the trek to NE and fished the tournament there lol
X2

With a moniker like Vagabond I agree.    
Very Happy

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

13Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:37 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:
X2

With a moniker like Vagabond I agree.    
Very Happy

Thumbs Up

14Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:16 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That would have been cool! But I live in small town America. And I mean small. But any of you guys are welcome here. But I'm thinking next year of coming out your way.

15Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:15 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

great report bigfish Thumbs Up sorry I couldn't back you up out here in Cali, but hopefully next time mother nature will play nice, that way we can win that title back Twisted Evil

16Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:08 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey, it was great fun and that's what counts.

17Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:12 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

WTG Big Fish.........I like the triple stack........GT

18Big Fish Tournament day Empty Re: Big Fish Tournament day Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:42 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

things i would do if i could fish a body of water like you have, great report and great slaying out there man.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum